Eagles released Evan Mathis

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what McCoy meant when he called Kelly a racist. He was talking about top players who spoke their mind. At that point it was only black players that had been gotten rid of, and like it or not, a black guy (with good reason because of history although it may not be true) will perceive that as black entering into the equation. That whitey in power doesn't like anyone usurping or questioning or equaling that power and whitey ESPECIALLY does not like when it is a black guy.

McCoy was right then and he is right now. It's just not as much a black thing as he perceived it. Kelly doesn't like strong willed and loud mouthed players on his team.

So basically, McCoy suffered from a strong case of confirmation bias and was as wrong as he could be about the racial thing, but he was right then and he's right now?

@SalSports: Source: #Bills inquiring what Evan Mathis' expectations are before determining own level of interest. (meaning, money and roll)

his agent is drew rosenhaus who the Bills also represents Shady and Bradham who the Bills are looking to give a long-term deal. Could be a good thing.

I have not decided whether I want the Bills to spend the money to sign Mathis, but I do know this:

1) Given the questions about our QBS, other teams are going to stack the box. As a result, if the Bills want to be able to run the ball, whoever is on the line better be able to open up some holes.

2) At the end of the day, the Bills better have enough money to extend Marcell, Gilmour, Nigel, and Cordy.

Just my two cents.

So basically, McCoy suffered from a strong case of confirmation bias and was as wrong as he could be about the racial thing, but he was right then and he's right now?

Kinda?

I think McCoy was wrong about the race thing, for the record. But Chip certainly seems to dislike players who are A) outspoken and/or B) do not fully, 100% buy into the system.

It so happens that the three skill player superstars when Chip took over were McCoy, DeSean and Maclin. All three incredibly talented players were traded, cut for nothing, and allowed to walk. Cole and Harremans were also locker room leaders who were productive and got released. All together, it does suggest a certain mold Chip is looking for, and he is incredibly rigid on that.

his agent is drew rosenhaus who the Bills also represents Shady and Bradham who the Bills are looking to give a long-term deal. Could be a good thing.

That actually does make me more intrigued since Bills have a great relationship with Rosenhaus. But I just don't see it for a 34 year old OG. They would be better served trying to extend Incognito a few years.

@SalSports: Bad news if you want Mathis on Bills would be (from my sense) Bills aren't going to just go all-in to get him.

And this is entirely possible to.....

The bills might just take their lumps with rookie John Miller

That actually does make me more intrigued since Bills have a great relationship with Rosenhaus. But I just don't see it for a 34 year old OG. They would be better served trying to extend Incognito a few years.

I think we need to be veeeery careful with the Cog......they need to see that he can keep from having a melt down before they start talking long term.

Incognito has been out of the league for over a year. What guarantee that he is still able to play to his lofty dirty style of play? yes, he did make a pro bowl. Big deal. personally I would like a one and done with that tool. And move some quality drafted guards in there. if Whaley ever hits on one

Kinda?

I think McCoy was wrong about the race thing, for the record. But Chip certainly seems to dislike players who are A) outspoken and/or B) do not fully, 100% buy into the system.

It so happens that the three skill player superstars when Chip took over were McCoy, DeSean and Maclin. All three incredibly talented players were traded, cut for nothing, and allowed to walk. Cole and Harremans were also locker room leaders who were productive and got released. All together, it does suggest a certain mold Chip is looking for, and he is incredibly rigid on that.

But the race thing was the basis of McCoy's argument. That Kelly didn't like arrogant loudmouths was the counterargument to McCoy.

And this is entirely possible to.....

The bills might just take their lumps with rookie John Miller

I think we need to be veeeery careful with the Cog......they need to see that he can keep from having a melt down before they start talking long term.

And I think many take for granted that either will live up to hopes. It's entirely possible urbik ends up looking like the best guard week 1- as pessimistic as that sounds....

But the race thing was the basis of McCoy's argument. That Kelly didn't like arrogant loudmouths was the counterargument to McCoy.

mccoy said he didn't "like or respect stars" in the first interview. In the second, he said he got rid of the good black players first. Emphasis on stars and good players. And the black ones were purged first. That's how he saw it. I'm pretty sure that, though mccoy isnt the most articulate, everyone could figure out that he was not saying Chip only wanted white players. It's football, not tennis. He meant himself, DeSean, Maclin.

The way it looks to me is that he wants a certain 'type' of player who does not have swag or question things or make a lot of money.Many times, star NFL players don't fit his mold. He's trying to create a new culture there. I don't know if anyone knows how it will work.

Edited by YoloinOhio

mccoy said he didn't "like or respect stars" in the first interview. In the second, he said he got rid of the good black players first. Emphasis on stars and good players. And the black ones were purged first. That's how he saw it. I'm pretty sure that, though mccoy isnt the most articulate, everyone could figure out that he was not saying Chip only wanted white players. It's football, not tennis. He meant himself, DeSean, Maclin.

The way it looks to me is that he wants a certain 'type' of player who does not have swag or question things or make a lot of money.Many times, star NFL players don't fit his mold. He's trying to create a new culture there. I don't know if anyone knows how it will work.

I'm pretty sure McCoy wanted to mention Riley Cooper but stopped himself.

I'm pretty sure McCoy wanted to mention Riley Cooper but stopped himself.

that was mentioned by some ex-NFL players I heard on the radio last week when it was a hot story. They said it was common knowledge that the handling of Riley Cooper internally was an issue in the locker room. They think mccoy didn't want to drag him into it.