Eagles released Evan Mathis

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waivers_(American_football)

As of 2008, according to the NFL collective bargaining agreement, if any waiver of a veteran player who has completed the season that gives him four years of service occurs between February 1 and the trading deadline in mid October, then that player shall be considered an unrestricted free agent by termination of his contract.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

I don't think drafting of Miller and emergence of Kouandjio changes the need for help on OL. They knew they had the draft and Kouandjio when the went after Iupati and failed.

I would cut Williams and his $3 mil cap hit and sign Matthis to a 3 year deal. The Bills wanted him earlier in the spring. As Greg Roman says bring more more more talented players in. Mathis would give the line a significant boost and take the pressure off of some young guys.

I think its important to get it done.

Edited by dezertbill

One of the commenters on the wgr Facebook page said they would only want him as depth to Incognito and Miller. I got a good chuckle.

I'd be fine paying him and having some competition for the G spots.

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?

One of the commenters on the wgr Facebook page said they would only want him as depth to Incognito and Miller. I got a good chuckle.

Archer, is that you?

IMO he's head and shoulders better than Incognito. He'd have to be the instant #1 G on the team.

As he is a FA, he can just shop around. For some reason, I have no confidence the Bills will get him signed.

I'd be fine paying him and having some competition for the G spots.

I'm used to winning that competition, and I imagine so are many NFL players, but, I don't see how that makes the team better. :lol:

Seriously, why aren't we doing phrasing, literally, not figuratively.

He's great. But they seem to be all in on Miller and Incognito as our starting Guards.

If this had happened pre-draft, i'm sure they'd have been all over it. But after picking Miller, I don't see them spending that kind of money for Mathis.

How are they "all in" on Miller? He's a rookie getting paid rookie money. And, it's June. Sure, the coaches have all talked about how impressed they are, but that's a far cry from a commitment to him as a starter.

I don't think drafting of Miller and emergence of Kouandjio changes the need for help on OL. They knew they had the draft and Kouandjio when the went after Iupati and failed.

I would cut Williams and his $3 mil cap hit and sign Matthis to a 3 year deal. The Bills wanted him earlier in the spring. As Greg Roman says bring more more more talented players in. Mathis would give the line a significant boost and take the pressure off of some young guys.

At the end of a three year contract, he'd be 37. But so what? Sign him to a one year deal for a fat salary and cut the bum, Williams.

Excellent point about Iupati. I hope the Jet is en route to the Mathis residence.

He will end up in Miami I think. They tried to trade for him I believe and I think they have cap space. And he probably want to go somewhere with a QB. But hope we give it a try.

They have cap space? I feel like they've been spending a lot lately.