Eagles released Evan Mathis

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we drafted a guy, but this would be a huge upgrade for us. I'd be fine paying him and having some competition for the G spots.

However, if we really are going to re-sign Dareus then we pry don't have the money

I think he ends up in Minnesota or Miami...possibly New Orleans.

I just don't think the Bills play him over Miller, and Rex seems to love Incognito.

I guess I'm not sure what to think, I've read that he wouldn't work in a scheme like Roman's...but then I see this:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/15/the-pff-101-no-7-evan-mathis/

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Chipper is going to leave that team a red hot mess.

Yeah, ever since DeSean Jackson, I've been saying that there's no middle ground here. Either Chip Kelly is really on to something, or he is really on his way out the door. It's one of the very few times where there's no relativity. It's rapidly approaching absolutes. He either wins big, or he loses big. It's interesting. It's certainly not safe.

And, Mathis rated #2 by PFF last year out of 78.

He was the 2nd rated OG according to profootballfocus.com.......rated only behind Marshal Yanda. He's old, but he'd be a major upgrade for us this season and maybe the next.

He's looking for big money though and the Bills are up against the cap as it is. With a bunch of their own guys up in FA next year I'm not sure the Bills have the cap space to squeeze Evan Mathis in. Couple that with he way the staff has been raving about John Miller and I just don't see it happening. Would be a major upgrade though.

Why would you say that? He is one of the fresher, brighter minds in a league filled with idiots.

Lets see. Gets rid of Starting RB, QB, both starting WR's, Starting guard.

Players are constantly complaining about him when they exit.

But hey we should trust him right?

Why would you say that? He is one of the fresher, brighter minds in a league filled with idiots.

Based solely on opinion. Last year he lived largely off the football team Andy Reid created. This year, he has seen fit to strip a lot of talent off that team, and replace it with his guy: Kiko.

Soon we will have fact that either proves he is what you say, or, is one of the inexperienced, dumber minds in a league filled with guys who are experienced and wise, and therefore know what works.

As I said above, this is rapidly approaching "no middle ground" status. Kelly is going to 100% one thing, or 100% the other.