Eagles released Evan Mathis

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he wants to prove that it's him and his system that produces his success, not the players. I mean, that's pretty much how I feel about the Patriots**. Maybe Chip wants to build that type of rep too.

He doesn't have Tom Brady

10m and change this year

Wow, so next year gets tight with the Suh deal? Maybe they can work in an older guy for 2-3 years. Jets and Dolphins doing all they can to help challenge the Cheaters. Retire Brady (with encouragement from Dareus and Suh and the Jets DL) and let them be the bottom feeders of the AFC East for a decade or so. It's time.

Seeing that E.J's still employed and Greg's not, I guess I'll have to reserve judgement a bit longer on that...

lol. He predicted Cassel will start and said Ej isn't instinctive and that is not something that can be developed in a QB. Wrong thread i know, but eventually it will fit in as all threads eventually lead to this topic.

:worthy:

Talk about a near impossible feat! Here's to you! :beer:

that's the last time I don't scroll through Twitter while on a conference call! lol

I keep reading the Dolphins, but do they have cap space?

Dolphins were looking to trade for him before he was cut. I would think they would be in the lead to sign him as a FA especially having more cap space than Bills at the moment. One would think they'd be more "all in"

Edited by dezertbill

John Murphy had Greg Gabriel on tonight and he said he didn't think Mathis was worth the money. He also said EJ sucks.

He's also the guy who raved about how good of a QB Orton was. We saw first hand just how much that was not the case.

lol. He predicted Cassel will start and said Ej isn't instinctive and that is not something that can be developed in a QB. Wrong thread i know, but eventually it will fit in as all threads eventually lead to this topic. that's the last time I don't scroll through Twitter while on a conference call! lol

I was about to stop reading this thread when someone finally talked about EJ... That is where all threads should end up.

lol. He predicted Cassel will start and said Ej isn't instinctive and that is not something that can be developed in a QB. Wrong thread i know, but eventually it will fit in as all threads eventually lead to this topic. that's the last time I don't scroll through Twitter while on a conference call! lol

What does he mean by "instinctive"? Wasn't Greg Gabriel just crapping on Jameis Winston before the draft? I consider him the national Joe B.

Dolphins were looking to trade for him before he was cut. I would think they would be in the lead to sign him as a FA especially having more cap space than Bills at the moment. One would think they'd be more "all in"

They couldn't be really serious. Why wouldn't the eagles trade mathis for something and cut him? even if miami offered a 7th round pick I would assume that the eagles would jump for it rather than cut him. I doubt there was any team that wanted him with his contract. any team that wants him, wants him at a discount.