Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 2: June 1-4

well It's not just you, they are talking about it a lot on the two national sports shows i listened to this morning - Mike & Mike, and the one on CBS sports radio with Brandon Tierney and tiki barber. The latter one is really slamming mccoy.

It will be old news tomorrow...so why worry about today.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

That Bills WR swag. 1f525.png#squad #BillsOTAs

CGq2XRcUQAAxHkM.jpg

@buffalobills

McCoy returns to the field, the QB competition thickens, and 4 more updates from #BillsOTAs: http://bufbills.co/Q8QrMu

CGq-nPMXIAA_SAD.jpg

Dennis Thurman: "Getting Better Every Practice" (2:00)

The Bills defensive coordinator talks about evaluating the defensive backs, picking up their game each week in practice, and the learning curve of the defensive players.

Greg Roman: "We're Throwing a lot at Them" (4:50)

The Bills offensive coordinator talks about not getting too excited when preparing the offense, evaluating the offensive line during OTA's, and being called a genius.

I always thought Rex was a buffoon in front of the media, but I also recognized that he did a lot of that to put the pressure on himself and not his players. There was never any denying that his guys loved playing for him.

What I didn't have enough respect for was how strongly he'd work to establish a connection with the community and team ambassadors. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now I just want to see how he manages things during the game. I remember seeing a lot of bad challenge flags and odd gameday decisions from him; I'm hopeful that he's learned from his days with NJ.

well said !

Bruce looks small next to Mario- weird!

Bruce is retired and will be 52 in 2 weeks. Most players lose considerable muscle after they retire simply because there is no advantage to maintain that level of strngth/bulk. Some stay in good shape, but smaller and others balloon up in weight.

Smith played at a rock solid, but fairly light 265 (media reported).

Bruce is retired and will be 52 in 2 weeks. Most players lose considerable muscle after they retire simply because there is no advantage to maintain that level of strngth/bulk. Some stay in good shape, but smaller and others balloon up in weight.

oh I get it. I just meant it was weird to see Bruce ever look small. I met him in person one time, and I was 12 or 13. At that time I thought he was the largest human I'd ever see. It was at Tops of all places. He was a mountain (to me). Edited by YoloinOhio

No qb stood out. Well that's fine with the ones but when you are playing against the backups I would hope there would be a "this person was good but it was against second team"

You mean like quotes from a LB that "rave" about TT who was playing with the 2s and 3s?

Bills offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his rotation between the right and left side of the line and to recap his rookie season where he started all 16-games.

Bills assistant defensive backs coach Tim McDonald joined The John Murphy Show to discuss the DB group, his coaching path, and the scheme they will run in defensive backfield.

I started thinking yesterday is Rex the "biggest star" in Buffalo sports history (at least outside of OJ)? I know that Jim Kelly's stardom has been on the rise lately and Gronk is up there with Rex. But it is possible that he is THE most recognizable person to ever be a part of Buffalo sports.

Did he get a key to the city? Cause....I think that is the only way the city can determine who the biggest star is.

PHOTOS: Best of OTAs week 2

McCoy back on the field, a new QB and more highlighted three practices during the second week of 2015 Bills OTAs.

Rex Ryan: 'I think we will be in it this year' (2:45)

NFL Media's Shaun O'Hara and Jamie Dukes discuss the possibility of the Bills making the playoffs in 2015.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

haha: darby retweeting his own hype:

45]

Ronald Darby retweeted

45]

vT6bmeHT_bigger.jpegDonnell@Dtriple66 40m40 minutes ago

@realronalddarby Darby has 'tremendous day' in Bills' OTA practice - http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/03/darby-has-tremendous-day-in-bills-ota-practice/ @PotomacFootball

common theme with (some) athletes... They RT things written about them as a way of showing gratitude to the writer.

300lbs first season, 285lbs second season 275 next couple of seasons then dropped to 265- when I saw him a couple times out he had huge legs, probably like a 32 inch waist V-ing out to really wide shoulders and long arms

oh I get it. I just meant it was weird to see Bruce ever look small. I met him in person one time, and I was 12 or 13. At that time I thought he was the largest human I'd ever see. It was at Tops of all places. He was a mountain (to me).

funny you saw him at tops because that's where I saw Smerlas and Hasslet ..... Smerlas was as wide as a house to me , Hasslet was the same height but no quite as big, they were both being jackasses knocking stuff off the shelves and pointing at each other yelling "he did it"

DAG NABIT

they are holding EJ back again!!!!!!

236781.jpg

that actually looks cool

So who will be the 3rd starter on the DL with Kyle and Marcel?

Mario's age and weight at this stage , I would think has to be the DE in a 3-4

From Mario's comments, I'm less sure of that. Hughes has said that he plans to be playing an entirely different way from Pettine's scheme.

It's hard reading between the lines, but I would imagine that Hughes is going to be used in different ways.

Mario's age and weight at this stage , I would think has to be the DE in a 3-4

From Mario's comments, I'm less sure of that. Hughes has said that he plans to be playing an entirely different way from Pettine's scheme.

It's hard reading between the lines, but I would imagine that Hughes is going to be used in different ways.

The article made it sound like Mario and Jerry would be OLB's while Nigel and Preston would be ILB's. Kyle and Marcel would obviously be on the D-line. So, who would be the 3rd D-liner? Manny?

The article made it sound like Mario and Jerry would be OLB's while Nigel and Preston would be ILB's. Kyle and Marcel would obviously be on the D-line. So, who would be the 3rd D-liner? Manny?

I think one of Mario or Jerry (currently thinking Mario) will have their hand down as a DE, and someone in our LB corp will be the 4th OLB (more athletic of Powell or Johnson).

I believe the FO has a good eye for young LB talent (Bradham and Brown), and one of the mid level guys will step up.

I also really like a front of Mario, Kyle, and Marcel. With Jerry on the outside of Mario and Marcel you could run some pretty awesome stunts. But this all assumes we have a really good OLB hiding on our roster.

Wynn?

But, I seem to remember a while back speculation that Mario would be the only one dropping back, and that Jerry would remain on the line? Not sure where I read that.

Well what Pettine Did isn't necessarily what Rex will do. But Carrington was the Heavy 5-technique player before he got injured. That might be it for the base set.

Rex does like to play agressive with DBs though. If you're talking about having your best 11 people on the field I really think you show a lot of Nickel and Heavy Nickel. Because A. Williams can do both FS and SS, and Graham can do zone corner and FS, I really see this as the most effective lineup:

Hughes-Dareus-Kyle-Mario

Bradham-Brown

Gilmore- Aaron-Graham-mckelvin- Duke/Darby/Robey (situationally)

Well what Pettine Did isn't necessarily what Rex will do. But Carrington was the Heavy 5-technique player before he got injured. That might be it for the base set.

Rex does like to play agressive with DBs though. If you're talking about having your best 11 people on the field I really think you show a lot of Nickel and Heavy Nickel. Because A. Williams can do both FS and SS, and Graham can do zone corner and FS, I really see this as the most effective lineup:

Hughes-Dareus-Kyle-Mario

Bradham-Brown

Gilmore- Aaron-Graham-mckelvin- Duke/Darby/Robey (situationally)

Good point.

300lbs first season, 285lbs second season 275 next couple of seasons then dropped to 265- when I saw him a couple times out he had huge legs, probably like a 32 inch waist V-ing out to really wide shoulders and long arms

funny you saw him at tops because that's where I saw Smerlas and Hasslet ..... Smerlas was as wide as a house to me , Hasslet was the same height but no quite as big, they were both being jackasses knocking stuff off the shelves and pointing at each other yelling "he did it"

The largest human I ever saw in person was Reuben Brown.

Saw him at a movie theatre on Main Street, downtown, probably around '89-90. He looked like he could eat everybody in the lobby and still be hungry.

Large human beings.

Edited by maddenboy

OMG common guys

Its a resistance drill running the football.....have you guys ever see or worked with SPARQ equipment?

Then when is the ball strapped and not EJ? Unless they bolted the strap to EJ's spine. I've never seen a resistance test where they do it to the ball and tell the player to run.

Also, noticed that the trainer has a "Work Hard" tattoo on his right bicep. Pretty high res pic when you open it.

Edited by The Wiz

What exactly is this drill? I'm assuming ball security.

Obviously this is why Leroi detests EJ. His job is to drag behind EJ as he's shown doing here and he now needs new shoes now because EJ's worm them out. He can't wait till he's gone because when he gets to do this with Castle he'll pull him over on his back.

It's a ball security drill.