HeadsetGate ? pats strike again ?

Seems to me if he used the other headsets the same problem would exist.

Why does that seem to be true? And how would the home team be to blame? And if this was true, wouldn't the pats have to ditch their signal helmets?

If Dansby's headset didn't work and his backup headset didn't work and HIS backup's headset didn't work, the refs would have taken the pats headset helmets away and both teams would have gone without.

Why does that seem to be true? And how would the home team be to blame? And if this was true, wouldn't the pats have to ditch their signal helmets?

If Dansby's headset didn't work and his backup headset didn't work and HIS backup's headset didn't work, the refs would have taken the pats headset helmets away and both teams would have gone without.

Yeah. Because the officials have a long, documented history of treating Brady and everyone else equally.

Yeah. Because the officials have a long, documented history of treating Brady and everyone else equally.

So you're saying that the Cardinals coaching staff would have been cool with that? Not turning off the pats helmets? They would have just said, "oh well..."?

Come on.

So you're saying that the Cardinals coaching staff would have been cool with that? Not turning off the pats helmets? They would have just said, "oh well..."?

Come on.

apparently jay feely didnt care until 10 years later either... so....

Come on.

I saw someone mention it earlier, is this still an actual rule, or is it something we as a group are speculating on?

I thought it was really shady how the Pats scoreboard operator forgot to flip the down from 3rd to 4th on the final play vs Ravens a few years back, resulting in a no-good game winning kick attempt. Also, why would they ever stop spying? Instead, use cameras hidden in sunglasses instead of a camcorder. Also, will they stop taking balls into the bathroom next season? Who's going to stop them? The refs don't seem to care. At least refs named Walt.

It's just coincidence.

Karlos Dansby said in an appearance on PFT Live this week that he suspected the Patriots of wrongdoing in 2008, when the Cardinals visited New England and had trouble with their coach-to-helmet communications system. Dansby wasn’t the first to make such a claim against the Patriots.

After the Jaguars lost to the Patriots in the playoffs following the 2005 season, then-Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio said the headsets “mysteriously malfunctioned.”

In 2007, Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated reported that in a 2006 Lions-Patriots game in New England, then-Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz had Detroit’s offense off to a good start until he lost the ability to call plays because the communications system went out. According to that report, it happened to the Lions twice, both times in the middle of drives when the Lions were picking up steam.

Zimmerman’s report also quoted Bengals coach Marvin Lewis as saying the same thing that happened to the Lions had happened to the Bengals as well: “Yeah, I know,” Lewis said. “Headset went out. It happened to me in Foxboro, too.”

Patriots have been accused of tampering with communications before

in addition to the Cardinals, add the jaguars, lions and bengals

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/15/patriots-have-been-accused-of-tampering-with-communications-before/

"It was just one team, really, brought before us over and over on suspicion of cheating", unnamed NFL Competition Committee member in 2008 NYT article on the Cheatriots....

spygate was a pretty hefty punishment. I like your posts buftex, and hope not to offend, but it reads like trying to keep our victim card strong to push sentiment along the lines of "yea, they punished them this time, but they wouldnt have all those other times we were complaining about them"

im sure 31 other owners would be thrilled by kraft bribing roger to let him cheat against them by using their own money.

I think the other 31 owners went along because they were sold a narrative that one team cheating hurts the entire league's reputation. So they likely backed burning the evidence on the promise that the stinking cheaters wouldn't do it again.

I'm also willing to bet a few teams would love to roll over on Kraft but don't want to risk the damage to the NFL.

Please forgive my ignorance. What does "mike" mean?

I'm often impressed with this site, and the people on it. Above, someone asks an honest question about what a Mike linebacker is. Three minutes later, without any snark, a guy named Mike provides an educational link. Bravo TBD!

I'm often impressed with this site, and the people on it. Above, someone asks an honest question about what a Mike linebacker is. Three minutes later, without any snark, a guy named Mike provides an educational link. Bravo TBD!

Oh I wanted to make a snarky remark about my name lol but honest question gets an honest answer

He didn't claim they were "jamming the signals", he claims they couldn't get "the" headset to work. There are 2 other headsets they could have used. Home team doesn't control opposing D's radio frequencies. The NFL does that.

What do I say? I say read the quote I cited where the guy tells how they do they do exactly that. And he was talking about team other than the pats. And there problems at Fedex and other fields too.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but do you understand how radio transmission works? Even if the headset (receiver) is working properly, that doesn't mean the transmitter hasn't been affected and/or tampered with.

Like your cell phone, just because you dont have service, doesn't mean your phone is broken. Maybe someone 'pulled the plug' at the cell tower.

Also, from ALL accounts of the half-dozen teams who have ALL claimed the same thing at Foxboro, the problem is never permanent. It happens at key moments, third down, in other teams territory, etc. The Refs don't take the other teams gear away because 'magically' the gear starts working again after teh Pats have gotten what they want.

has anyone brought up the field conditions during games? sometimes in the playoffs

where they leave the field uncovered in heavy rains days prior to the game to have a sloppy field that may not be advantageous to teams acclimated to mostly synthetic turf fields?

Aurea Sillery on Twitter: "Patriots leave field uncovered in ...
Dec 1, 2010 - Patriots leave field uncovered in snow and rain storm hoping to gain advantage against Colts

After a Long Rain Delay, Tarp Finds Patriots' ...
Jan 13, 2005 · The New England Patriots left the Gillette Stadium field uncovered during a light rain Wednesday into Thursday morning.

Then Bellyache has the nerve to complain when some one else does it!!!

Belichick blames Welker injury on Reliant Stadium turf

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

and a mixture of on and off the field activities

http://www.bdcwire.com/beyond-deflategate-ranking-the-patriots-top-10-scandals/

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I remember a game years ago when the Pats ran about 16 screen plays, and each one gained huge yardage. It was almost as if they heard our defensive signals. The article a couple years back in which they quoted Flutie and others.....that they were listening into opposing teams defensive calls....leads me to believe that they continue to do this.

It's like playing battleship and being able to see the other side of the game. A lot easier to sink a battleship when you know exactly where it is.

I remember a game years ago when the Pats ran about 16 screen plays, and each one gained huge yardage. It was almost as if they heard our defensive signals. The article a couple years back in which they quoted Flutie and others.....that they were listening into opposing teams defensive calls....leads me to believe that they continue to do this.

It's like playing battleship and being able to see the other side of the game. A lot easier to sink a battleship when you know exactly where it is.

I think that eventually, someone on the inside is going to write a "tell all" book on how far and wide the Pats cheating went and it will have as chilling an effect on the NFL as Jose Canseco's "tell all" book did to MLB.

I don't see how Kraft could remain the owner once everything eventually gets out there.

Edited by 1billsfan

has anyone brought up the field conditions during games? sometimes in the playoffs

where they leave the field uncovered in heavy rains days prior to the game to have a sloppy field that may not be advantageous to teams acclimated to mostly synthetic turf fields?

Aurea Sillery on Twitter: "Patriots leave field uncovered in ...

Dec 1, 2010 - Patriots leave field uncovered in snow and rain storm hoping to gain advantage against Colts

After a Long Rain Delay, Tarp Finds Patriots' ...

Jan 13, 2005 · The New England Patriots left the Gillette Stadium field uncovered during a light rain Wednesday into Thursday morning.

Then Bellyache has the nerve to complain when some one else does it!!!

Belichick blames Welker injury on Reliant Stadium turf

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

and a mixture of on and off the field activities

http://www.bdcwire.com/beyond-deflategate-ranking-the-patriots-top-10-scandals/

I'm sure you advocate for a dome so as to keep the field fair and even for both teams and hate that the Ralph is subject to weather.

As to the injury - it's a kind of turf that has a reputation for acl injuries. I think it's fair to acknowledge it. Everyone on this board, you included, would celebrate home field advantage on a snow covered field and complain about a potentially unsafe brand of turf causing injury.

Stick to the real issues

Edited by NoSaint

For those who think, as Lombardi once said himself, "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing", there are plenty of "people" out there who would take your favorite sport and destroy it. You think there's no line that can't be crossed if mafia and/or gamblers are involved? Like throwing the world series? Would you play to win if someone could threaten your family or friends? Is it okay to poison another team's water? Wear brass knuckles under a bandage? "People" can get very very creative when "winning is the only thing". And then "sport" doesn't exist at all anymore. Use your head. There's a reason why sports have rules and it's not so you can see who's clever enough to break them and win and get away with it.

A few years back, in a snowy game, one team had the grounds crew drive a plow along the yardline where they were kicking an FG. There was no rule against this obvious competitive advantage and my recollection is the kick was good and THEN the rule was changed. I think Miami and Shula were the victims. Does anyone remember who the rule bender was?

A few years back, in a snowy game, one team had the grounds crew drive a plow along the yardline where they were kicking an FG. There was no rule against this obvious competitive advantage and my recollection is the kick was good and THEN the rule was changed. I think Miami and Shula were the victims. Does anyone remember who the rule bender was?

That was decades ago.

Kraft and company are showing more and more they have no class. The owners meeting next week should be interesting. They should all turn there backs on him. He should be ashamed.

Whoever it was who was responsible for the spin/lie about calling the guy "the Deflator" because he was trying to lose weight should be fired posthaste and shame on Kraft & Co. for such an obvious load of crap. Makes you really wonder about ANYTHING else that comes out of his mouth. Edited by MattM

Lol. I was as surprised as anyone!

Oh I wanted to make a snarky remark about my name lol but honest question gets an honest answer

Ok. I guess I already knew that - Mike = middle linebacker. I guess a better question is: why does the QB need to identify the Mike? The middle linebacker is the linebacker in the middle, no?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d82651450/Vault-Keeper-The-Snowplow-game

Pats* beating the Dolphins 1982

They gave the snow plow driver a game ball!

5 Other Times The Patriots Cheated

Ok. I guess I already knew that - Mike = middle linebacker. I guess a better question is: why does the QB need to identify the Mike? The middle linebacker is the linebacker in the middle, no?

doesnt he call the play? so people on the O want to hear the call?

I dont know much about futbals just a haphazard guess

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d82651450/Vault-Keeper-The-Snowplow-game

Pats* beating the Dolphins 1982

They gave the snow plow driver a game ball!

5 Other Times The Patriots Cheated

seems reasonable enough

I'm sure you advocate for a dome so as to keep the field fair and even for both teams and hate that the Ralph is subject to weather.

As to the injury - it's a kind of turf that has a reputation for acl injuries. I think it's fair to acknowledge it. Everyone on this board, you included, would celebrate home field advantage on a snow covered field and complain about a potentially unsafe brand of turf causing injury.

Stick to the real issues

Stick to the real issues? to me - not caring for your field properly is a real issue to me.

Do the Bills control the weather? Make it snow and blow 0 to -15 deg wind chills?

Did I fabricate this issue of shoddy field conditions? No, I relayed media reports of other nefarious activities.

the last bit was some fun added in .. If that is what prompted "Stick to the real issues" comment then may I suggest you learn to lighten up and laugh a little.

Capt Obvious says The Cheatriots of course!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Patriots have been accused of tampering with communications before

in addition to the Cardinals, add the jaguars, lions and bengals

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/15/patriots-have-been-accused-of-tampering-with-communications-before/

And the Colts.

All this and more is covered in the book, SpyGate. Y'all really need to read it.

I posted a link talking about what a mike lb does and someone else commented on how it was nice to not have a snarky remark

It was none other than the New England Patriots**. But since Shula was the victim, and it wasn't against the rules, we were all for it.

GO BILLS!!!

Proof of a track record! It's been going on since 1982!

Since the early 1960's. You have the same owner, Krafty, that was bragging in Forbes how he would steal (theft of service) from the original owners by sneaking people in on season passes. His reasoning: "The team was terrible and losing, so it was okay."

What do you think his reasoning is today for win @ all cost. Here is an owner that is ON RECORD for saying that... You think he allows that theft of service with his club today? He financed that stadium all on his own if you remember. Somebody has to pay the mortgage and 6 people in on 4 seasons won't cut it... Even if they are winning and the stands are full. Just because there are open seats, he can rip somebody off?

THIS has always said everything about what kind of man Krafty is!

Get wise people:

"The Patriots use their winning brand to generate revenue beyond the NFL. Adjacent to Gillette Stadium, the Kraft family owns Patriot Place, which features more than 1.3 million square feet of shopping, dining and entertainment. Patriot Pace features retailers like Old Navy, Victorias Secret and the regions only Bass Pro Shops, as well as restaurants such as CBS Scene, Davios, Toby Keiths I Love This Bar & Grill and Olive Garden."

Get wise people:

"The Patriots use their winning brand to generate revenue beyond the NFL. Adjacent to Gillette Stadium, the Kraft family owns Patriot Place, which features more than 1.3 million square feet of shopping, dining and entertainment. Patriot Pace features retailers like Old Navy, Victorias Secret and the regions only Bass Pro Shops, as well as restaurants such as CBS Scene, Davios, Toby Keiths I Love This Bar & Grill and Olive Garden."

so do places like Dulles Town Center (coincidentally near Redskins park) the Apple Valley Mall in Winchester, VA.

features retailers like Old Navy, Victorias Secret and Bass Pro Shops, Dicks, Movie Theaters etc etc

or were you being sarc?

so do places like Dulles Town Center (coincidentally near Redskins park) the Apple Valley Mall in Winchester, VA.

features retailers like Old Navy, Victorias Secret and Bass Pro Shops, Dicks, Movie Theaters etc etc

or were you being sarc?

No sarcasm... Just pointing out the motivation to win in a very fickle fan base like New England... They are more fair weather than that racist team from DC. Yankee frugality? They won't show without a winner... How do think Krafty snuck 6 in back @ Harvard Stadium in the 1960's.

Red Sox are the New England outlier... Loveable losers all those years and only a 40k stadium with a team that was even more regionalized/nationalized.