Brady/Patriots fines

Yee and the Pats will have a week or more to make bad PR for a league obsessed with its marketing image. The networks and major advertising partners will be working the back channels. And if the NFLPA goes hard to support TB, I can see Goodell saying half a loaf is better than none....

I can't see NLFPA going hard for Brady, he basically told them I don't want or need your help. Then lied to investigators.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see NLFPA going hard for Brady, he basically told them I don't want or need your help. Then lied to investigators.

Think the same. Pretty sure he waived the NFLPA so he could say I don't wanna give them my phone. I think the NFLPA would have balked at him if he did that and made it so his chances of appeal were 0 instead of 10%.

Aggred. But the union also has to make sure it's not marginalized. They may hold their nose, but IMO they can't sit back and look like bystanders on such a high profile case...

Not paying Brady for 4 games more than pays for the fine. They are actually prolly saving money with this punishment.

The money has to be donated to charity that Brady was designated to earn.

Edited by The Wiz

The penalty seems right about the only thing I'd change is instead of a million dollar fine ( which is like the average guy getting a 5 dollar fine) I'd have two years where their salary cap increases are distributed to the rest of the NFL.

The money has to be donated to charity that Brady was designated to earn.

Brady was...uh...designated to...ummm...earn a charity?

That sentence structure is so horrible I can't even make a decent joke out of it.

4 games for Brady

1 Million fine

1st pick 2016

edit 4th round 2017 pick

Bills fans get screwed out of seeing the Pats @ full strength. The suspension should've been a year, so everyone else gets to share in seeing the watered down product on the field.

I wanted to see the new Buffalo defense turn Brady into a brown stain on the Orchard Park carpet.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Bills fans get screwed out of seeing the Pats @ full strength. The suspension should've been a year, so everyone else gets to share in seeing the watered down product on the field.

The suspension shoud've been a year

I wanted to see the new Buffalo defense turn Brady into a brown stain on the Orchard Park carpet.

I actually prefer the idea of turning him into a brown stain in NE.

I am of mixed emotions about this.

On one hand I am disgusted that somebody who has been caught cheating in a premeditated fashion as this....and who didn't comply fully with the investigators, gets only a 1/4 of a year ban.

On the other hand I understand that in a PED riddled sport where cheating is somewhat commonplace, the penalties for cheating are lower than what should be appropriate.....and at least Brady's reputation and legacy are permantly damaged.

Good on the NFL for coming down hard.....but shame on them for allowing a system where cheating is treated as an unfortunate byproduct.

I think this is a hefty fine. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise. 4 games which is technically 5 with the Bye week in which Brady can't practice with the team. 1 million and a 1st rounder which is a huge fine in itself.

I was under the impression that Brady could practice during the bye. Anyone know for sure?

My grammar is impeccable, sir. Impeccable. I have never come close to writing a Ford Pinto of sentence structure like you just did.

Well if you were a computer programmer like me, the sentence makes perfect sense.

My grammar is impeccable, sir. Impeccable. I have never come close to writing a Ford Pinto of sentence structure like you just did.

Ford Pinto? I guess you've never driven a Trabant.

:w00t:

Edited by Stopthepain

I am a computer programmer. But not like you, apparently. I seem to be a literate one. :beer:

You got me there. Cowboy coder. And to your question about practice. He can unless it has been otherwise noted that he is banned from all team related activities which it doesn't seem he has.

The punishment is excessive all the way around-

Too many games

Too big a fine

Loss of draft picks wasn't needed at all

This will only serve to motivate brady to come back and win the super bowl that much more next year. With no one really to stand in their way, I can see that happening too.

LOL.

This from the guy who posts about all the virtues of Iran and ranted for pages upon end about how unfairly Jerry Sandusky was being treated. How could I guess you'd be on the wrong side of this too?

Will you be rooting for Brady so you can say "See I told you so"?

This can't help Brady's appeal. It's his agent's statement.

"The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, todays decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field dont count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.

Center of the universe complex.

Do the teams inflate Super Bowl balls or does the league?

False. You expected this would amount to nothing, as you said many, many times. Silly patriot* fans can never get their stories straight. :nana:

Wrong (again). I stated plenty of times that I thought a few games suspension, and a fine were what I expected. It was the "Strip the titles", "Coach and QB suspended for a year", ...all that crap was ridiculous.