Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all please agree to not respond to Watkins on this?

Yes sir. I learned my lesson after getting a warning point for responding to his nonsense in the McDavid/Eichel thread.

True. What are the stages of grief? Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance? I don't think many Pats fans will ever past denial, to be honest.

Luckily for them, the league will never do much of anything to force them past that stage. Brady and the Pats will get off with a relatively light punishment.

Edited by Brandon

A little (or a lot of) cheating can do that for you.

You know ... I've pretty much always been of the mind that the cheating they've been caught for was a) not necessary for them to win and b) borderline trivial.

But after this, I'd have to think there must be some somewhat significant punishments being handed down. The league needs to look at the history and not this one particular incident, in my opinion.

I honestly don't think that any of their cheating has helped them win games. But ... it's still cheating and there needs to be consequences.

Brady should get a year suspension or even a ban. This violates the integrity of the game. But ray rice only got a couple games for KOing his wife so Brady will probably get a bonus.

Exactly how I feel. How can you go more against the 'image' the league wants to protect than what Brady did? Deliberately cheating and also bribing others (seemingly against their will) to cheat as well.

Brady should get a year suspension or even a ban. This violates the integrity of the game. But ray rice only got a couple games for KOing his wife so Brady will probably get a bonus.

Ray Rice got a couple of games for KO'ing his wife...and a hell of a lot more for getting videotaped doing it. You can hit a woman...just don't embarrass the league.

If this were just Brady deflating balls...no big deal. But he had a press conference and lied through his teeth about it. Don't know what he'll get for altering the balls...but don't embarrass the league.

As heinous as it was/is, Ray Rice KOing his lady didn't ruin the integrity of competition within the league. Edited by sodbuster

You know ... I've pretty much always been of the mind that the cheating they've been caught for was a) not necessary for them to win and b) borderline trivial.

But after this, I'd have to think there must be some somewhat significant punishments being handed down. The league needs to look at the history and not this one particular incident, in my opinion.

I honestly don't think that any of their cheating has helped them win games. But ... it's still cheating and there needs to be consequences.

You don't think spygate was to help them win games?

Ray Rice got a couple of games for KO'ing his wife...and a hell of a lot more for getting videotaped doing it. You can hit a woman...just don't embarrass the league.

If this were just Brady deflating balls...no big deal. But he had a press conference and lied through his teeth about it. Don't know what he'll get for altering the balls...but don't embarrass the league.

Important to remember though Ray Rice is not Tom Brady. Ray Rice was an aging RB and that issue was much more serious. It was at least possible that the NFL was going to lose sponsors over it (maybe). This will just be another storyline to promote the defending champs and the greatest QB of this generation.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2015/01/troy_aikman_says_patriots_punishment_for_cheating_should_exceed_bountygate_penalties.html

There's now way Roger doesn't drop the hammer on Brady. The optics are just too bad...

Doesn't matter if the findings are "bad", its the Patriots, and it'll be a slap on the wrist. Tom Brady is the face of the NFL more often than not. No way they hit him hard.

80 in a 65?