Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB tosses around a few game-balls, and says to the equipment guy "these feel a little too hard".... I think that likely happens now and then, around the league. You would feel that too, if this situation involved a successful Bills QB.

Why did Brady feel the need to lie? Why did he console the ball boy?

Bottom line, this saga, in addition to the previous ones, expands the shadow on the Pats dynasty. Period.

Edited by FireChan

in other words...we have no proof brady knew.....but it's the patriots, so he must be guilty

Yes, because the NFL has historically and unmercifully punished the Pats**

QB tosses around a few game-balls, and says to the equipment guy "these feel a little too hard".... I think that likely happens now and then, around the league. You would feel that too, if this situation involved a successful Bills QB.

If that's what you think this amounts to, then you didn't read the report.

It's about more than the deflating.

This is an organization that has been repeatedly implicated for breaking the rules despite being warned many times over. Furthermore, the incredulity and belligerence they displayed during the investigation shows just how little respect they have for the rules and the need to abide by them.

As I said in the beginning, there are 3 stages to a Patriots' cheating scandal:

1) We didn't do it.

2) IF we did it, then it certainly didn't give us any kind of advantage.

3) IF we did it, AND it gave us an advantage, then everybody else was doing it too.

Hopefully, this particular scandal will have a stage 4: punishment.

Great stuff Bandit!! The text message couldn't look worse for Brady.

Do you realize that in non criminal cases/investigations, this is the standard used to determine guilt? It's not beyond a reasonable doubt as in a criminal investigation. This is why OJ wasn't convicted of his criminal trial but was for his civil one. Stop trying to defend them. This verbiage pisses me off because Pats apologists and their lousy fans are going to harp on this, not knowing what they're talking about.

Right, it's called a "preponderance of evidence"...and reading that report, those criteria have clearly been met.

Yeah, this is exactly what the investigation concluded didn't happen.

Now you're just being willfully ignorant. Friggin' Pats fans. :rolleyes:

He blatantly lied to the NFL investigator to cover it up. He obviously thought it was wrong himself, and he lied in a bad, bad manner. I don't think the actual act helped them that much either. But it's cheating and blatant cheating and then blatant pay offs to the guys that helped and then blatant cover up.

That shouldn't be allowed to continue without punishment.

I've already seen hordes of Pats fans using this as their 'out'

I don't blame them...it's gotta be difficult to accept--after years of feeling like you're following a winning organization--that your team never, ever, ever won without blatantly cheating.

in other words...we have no proof brady knew.....but it's the patriots, so he must be guilty

how do you come to this conclusion. He said he didn't know who McNally was yet he was talking to him on the phone for 6 months. These guys were getting stuff from him to stay quiet.

Then why, when given the chance to explain just that, did Tom Brady get up in front of the national media and lie? Why? He could have easily explained just that. But he didn't. He knew what he had done was wrong.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I don't blame them...it's gotta be difficult to accept--after years of feeling like you're following a winning organization--that your team never, ever, ever won without blatantly cheating.

True. What are the stages of grief? Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance? I don't think many Pats fans will ever past denial, to be honest.

Why did Brady feel the need to lie? Why did he console the ball boy?

Bottom line, this saga, in addition to the previous ones, expands the shadow on the Pats dynasty. Period.

In some people's minds, but not in mine. I feel exactly the same about them. They have been the best team for the last 15 years.