Get them if you can - Bills tickets selling at record pace

I searched and didn't see any similar threads .

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/18131/bills-ticket-sales-on-record-pace

Bills' ticket sales on 'record pace'

Get them while you can. Typical ESPN little substance provided

Mike Rodak (@mikerodak) | Twitter

https://twitter.com/mikerodak

Bills president Russ Brandon says ticket sales are on a 'record pace.' Adds, “interest has been high and our fans have certainly responded."

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/18131/bills-ticket-sales-on-record-pace

Bills president Russ Brandon says ticket sales are on a 'record pace.' Adds, “interest has been high and our fans have certainly responded."

Kind of surprised Rodak didn't follow that up with, "Bills season ticket holders are suckers for team's free agent spending spree."

Is that so crazy?

You would be surprised but it happens (quite a bit actually). Teams will resell their most prime inventory for big games. It's sort of the "toe in the water in dynamic pricing." Teams are pretty greedy though. They would LOVE a free market approach to the biggest games but at the same time they never want those lesser games to go for what they do on the secondary market. It's not as much in football as the other sports but it happens.

This reminds me of 2008 when we started the year 4-0 with Trent Edwards. I think I paid like $200 per ticket to sit in the end zone for the Raiders game. People were going nuts that year. By the end of the year they couldn't even give the tickets away for free. Not that that's how this year will go but it reminds me of how people like to jump on the bandwagon when the team is doing well.

http://www.moviesounds.com/wargames/confhigh.wav

This reminds me of 2008 when we started the year 4-0 with Trent Edwards. I think I paid like $200 per ticket to sit in the end zone for the Raiders game. People were going nuts that year. By the end of the year they couldn't even give the tickets away for free. Not that that's how this year will go but it reminds me of how people like to jump on the bandwagon when the team is doing well.

I remember that year too. Started out 4-0. My friend came up to the tailgate for the San Diego game without a ticket. Just wanted a single seat & couldn't find one for under $200. Ended up watching it at the Big Tree. With that being said though, that team was winning with smoke & mirrors & had nowhere near the talent level that this roster has.

I still have my seats in 120...I thought by this time last year I was contacted to upgrade. Has anyone got the upgrade notice or are they just waiting bc tickets are flying off the shelves?

Relocation starts around the beginning of May I believe. You will receive a letter with a date and time that you can call in and see what available. I have an idea that there will be minimal opportunity to improve seating location in the 100 level

I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers are buying up as many as they can though this season!

I look forward to the complaints that some guys kid is crying because he can't see his favorite team in person because the scalpers bought all the tickets.

this is exactly how it is done and why Russ' Toronto explanation of our market being "tapped"/wah December games never held water.

The slightest success/excitement along with current low pricing is going to create a perception of perpetual sellouts and demand. One home playoff game (if not sooner) and they will need to cap season tickets and we will see a waiting list.Then they will be able to shimmy the prices higher and higher while not eroding the tickets sold numbers.

this is exactly how it is done and why Russ' Toronto explanation of our market being "tapped"/wah December games never held water.

The slightest success/excitement along with current low pricing is going to create a perception of perpetual sellouts and demand. One home playoff game (if not sooner) and they will need to cap season tickets and we will see a waiting list.Then they will be able to shimmy the prices higher and higher while not eroding the tickets sold numbers.

All we needed was a multi-billionaire owner to outspend the entire NFL. Easy-peasy!

Terry knows that you have to spend money to make money.

That is true to an extent. It's best to keep your top talent and replenish via the draft. Usually spending on a QB is going to keep you competitive for years to come. Unfortunately, there is no franchise QB the Bills can just go out and buy. Hopefully one of the 3 guys on the team will atleast put us in contention for a playoff birth. That isn't asking much right?

This will be my eighth year with seats in the Maguire club. While there are some downsides to club seats, the benefits make it worth it to me.

The biggest downside is the location of the club seats. Most of the seats are between the endzone and the 20, not the most desirable areas. To sit between the 20's can get pretty expensive. In addition, If your seats are in the first six or so rows, you really won't get much benefit from the radiant heat.

As for the benefits, you get a full bar and much better concessions with minimal waits. The bathroom situation is much better, cleaner and shorter lines. At the risk of TMI, I've been able to make a bathroom trip in the space of a change of possession. My seats are under the overhang, so I'm protected from the elements. The overhead radiant heaters work really well.

There's an annual draft party for club seat and suit holders. I've also received stadium tours and pre-game on-field passes. Next week, I'm going to a Rex Ryan event at the stadium, which I assume is for club seat holders.

If I already had good seats, I might not rush to upgrade club seats, but if you are not giving up great seats and can afford the clubs, I say go for it.

Those radiant heaters are unreal. Two seasons ago when they let the rifraff sit in the unsold club seats for the Miami game season finale my buddy and I were in our t-shirts and it was 17 degrees outside.

Edited by PromoTheRobot