Mike Wallace - Traded to Vikings

KDIGGZ

Adam Schefter retweeted

Mike Wallace texted teammates saying he'd been on phone with Minny GM Rick Spielman, HC Mike Zimmer, & he was likely headed to Vikes.

Vikings traded 5th-round pick to Miami for WR Mike Wallace and 7th-round pick, per league source.

Mike Wallace traded to Vikings http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JnD

This should be the final nail in our coffin in our pursuit of Charles Clay. With the cap room the Dolphins will be able to sign Clay long term

Edited by kdiggz

We all saw this coming...I'm assuming if we knew the Bills FO knew and they're already running their back-up plan. Whether that's Gresham, or a possible trade for Vernon Davis, or whatever. Urbik is there to be cut.

Miami is jumping through hoops for this Clay situation. At this point, I wouldn't mind it playing out where Miami pays top dollar to ultimately keep Clay. Clay is a good player, but if the alternative is that Doug Whaley has even more cash to play with after said fact, then I say great. I think he'll spend it wisely.

The hatred I had for the Dolphins during the 70s and 80s is burning hot again....

I kind of feel that they're being catfished a bit over Clay. I mean, $14 million tied up in TEs not named Gronkowski or Graham?

Wallace trade saves phins only 3.3 million in cap space. 6.6 million is dead money this year.

I think $3M is his roster bonus to be paid this weekend and his salary for this year is still $9.6M.

So they save ??$9.6M but they still have $6.6M dead money.

Can someone else confirm? I am basing this on Overthecap:

http://overthecap.com/player/mike-wallace/519 shows the Vikes with $3M dead money and $6.9M savings if cut owed (which I assume the

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphinsshows $6.6M dead money

Edited by Hopeful

Not true. Roman will make what we have better than that.

cocaine is a helluva drug.

Seriously, you think Cassel is better than Tannehill? Either that or this is flawed logic. If you think Cassel isnt better than Tannehill, but that Roman can make him seem better, then, shouldnt Roman make Tannehill seem even better? In that case, why wouldnt you take Tannehill in a heartbeat? C'mon man!

Also, Roman isnt that great. see: Kaepernick. Kaep wasnt great to begin with, but Roman's scheme got figured out pretty quickly, and defenses started to shut it down. Plus, the 9ers offense last year was worse than ours... They were also worse in the redzone, believe it or not. Over the years, the Harbaugh era relied on a great defense and a neuveau offensive scheme that quickly became passe. Not saying Roman is bad here, just pointing out that he cant turn lead into gold

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Seriously, you think Cassel is better than Tannehill? Either that or this is flawed logic. If you think Cassel isnt better than Tannehill, but that Roman can make him seem better, then, shouldnt Roman make Tannehill seem even better? In that case, why wouldnt you take Tannehill in a heartbeat? C'mon man!

Also, Roman isnt that great. see: Kaepernick. Kaep wasnt great to begin with, but Roman's scheme got figured out pretty quickly, and defenses started to shut it down. Plus, the 9ers offense last year was worse than ours... They were also worse in the redzone, believe it or not. Over the years, the Harbaugh era relied on a great defense and a neuveau offensive scheme that quickly became passe. Not saying Roman is bad here, just pointing out that he cant turn lead into gold

No dude. I think Roman can make EJ or Tyrod better than Tannehill. That may be even worse in your eyes but 1) the best thing I can say about Tannehill is his wife and 2) nothing.

But seriously, if he can't make those two better than Tannehill and his wife, then I think he can at least make Cassel every bit good as Smith. So we win.

Oh and I think Roman is that great and Kaep was the hold up. Kaep got exposed not Roman.

I think you have an inflated sense of what Tannehill is. He was a middling quarterback last year that was almost benched. I think EJ has just as good a chance at succeeding as Tannehill.

I think you have an inflated sense of what Tannehill is. He was a middling quarterback last year that was almost benched. I think EJ has just as good a chance at succeeding as Tannehill.

Tannehill has won more than 8 games as a starter. Tannehill has outdueled Brady.

To say that EJ has as good of a chance means that you don't watch enough Tannehill. Tanny has already succeeded.

Also, middling QB last year? Are you kidding?

Edited by FireChan

Tannehill has won more than 8 games as a starter. Tannehill has outdueled Brady.

To say that EJ has as good of a chance means that you don't watch enough Tannehill. Tanny has already succeeded.

Except when he plays us and looks mostly brutal...then again what QB actually looks good against us...

Definitely, http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/2/9/8005569/ryan-tannehill-contract-miami-dolphins

"The South Florida Sun Sentinel's Dave Hyde reports that the team is discussing a seven-year contract for Tannehill, worth around $105 million"

Ah, the new NFL, where your best chance to win a Super Bowl is during your QB's rookie deal.

Except when he plays us and looks mostly brutal...then again what QB actually looks good against us...

Exactly. I can see how someone could draw that conclusion if they only watched him play the Bills. But he's had good and even fantastic games against teams that aren't us. I think he has the best record vs NE in our division.

our defense has been that good . and Bills need to parlay it into playoffs.

There is no way Cassel or EJ do not look better in this "new" system.

Our offense was that bad

i never thought much of clay after watching him, seemed like an average TE, glad miami lost their only deep threat for some crappy picks, just to keep a guy they already had and overpay him, whats wrong with v davis? i think hes got way more talent, also wouldnt mind saving money for a guard, WHERES OUR GUARD ALREADY!!!

i think we spent way to much already on skill position anyway this year, not like we didnt have anyone already, but w felton mckoy and harvin, i think we just dropped about 24 million on 3 guys next year alone! Clay would have made it 30+ and still no guard!

i say "go with gragg"

Do you think he will throw too many touchdowns and yards that his arm will die?

Tannehill doesn't worry me. The Bills have his number and I don't think he is an elite QB or a guy who's going to be able to carry Miami to a championship. He's better than what the Bills have currently, certainly, but I'm happy to see the Dolphins commit long term money to a JAG.

Good. Dolphins just lost 10 tds and 800 yards of offense that they need to replace in the draft.

I agree. People are just sloughing it off as "he was gonna get cut, anyway", but he represented an important chunk of their offense, regardless of the fact that Tanny couldn't take advantage of Wallace's strong suit in the long game. I don't see anyone on their roster that brings what he brought. Stills is NOT Wallace at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not kidding but I'd think you were.

Tannehill has had some good games. So has EJ. But Tannehill is going into his forth year. He has not been consistently good. The majority of dolphin fans I know wan't him gone. He is at best an average quarterback. He does not have a great deep ball. One of the reasons Wallace was unhappy.

EJ has had 14 games of mismanagement of resources under his belt. Tannehill has three seasons of under achievement under his belt.

I'm not at all saying EJ is better. I just don't want Tannehill as my opinion is he is what we have already seen of him. EJ has the chance to do more than almost reach playoffs.

Also I am not saying Tannehill won't make that progress. I'm just saying I don't think he will and we've seen what he has to offer. I think EJ has more of a chance to than him. And that's because EJ has more unknown than Tannehill. Not because he's better.

Don't like my opinion? I'm sorry.

Edited by RichVP

I'm not kidding but I'd think you were.

Tannehill has had some good games. So has EJ. But Tannehill is going into his forth year. He has not been consistently good. The majority of dolphin fans I know wan't him gone. He is at best an average quarterback. He does not have a great deep ball. One of the reasons Wallace was unhappy.

EJ has had 14 games of mismanagement of resources under his belt. Tannehill has three seasons of under achievement under his belt.

I'm not at all saying EJ is better. I just don't want Tannehill as my opinion is he is what we have already seen of him. EJ has the chance to do more than almost reach playoffs.

Also I am not saying Tannehill won't make that progress. I'm just saying I don't think he will and we've seen what he has to offer. I think EJ has more of a chance to than him. And that's because EJ has more unknown than Tannehill. Not because he's better.

Don't like my opinion? I'm sorry.

Do you know how rare it is for QB's to get offered $100 million contracts? Call me when EJ commands that.