Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

I like it a lot. Whereas Meh is an immobile game manager, and EJ a tentative check down, Tyrod is a gamer. He'll run hard, take shots, fight to make plays...he's got a real chance to be our guy if he can get the mental part of the game down, and after 4 years behind Flacco he should be seeing the game pretty well.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once a huge EJ supporter but no more. Yes he was at 70% in college and his YPA was high, but he was still dinkin' and dunkin' the ball. His receivers YAC made him look good. I gave up on EJ. I look at him as cap relief in 2016.

Fair enough. Tom Brady's passes travelled an average of 3 yards in the air. His receivers had liek 160 yards after the catch.

I was once a huge EJ supporter but no more. Yes he was at 70% in college and his YPA was high, but he was still dinkin' and dunkin' the ball. His receivers YAC made him look good. I gave up on EJ. I look at him as cap relief in 2016.

Can't give up on him yet I would like to see what new coaches can do

He got pretty locked down by marrone and Hackett and it seemed like they didn't let him play and was just worried about not getting hurt

Project QBs like EJ have a two or three year learning curve to become a starting NFL QB. Hard to understand in the hot pocket world of RGIII, Luck, Wilson and Kaerpernick instant success, but this is the old school NFL way that actually used to work. Manuel is a QB who I could see become a solid starting NFL QB if he was given the extra time to develop properly.

I don't understand many fans here who just write him off completely ignoring the fact that he was considered a raw QB coming out. It would be great if he played lights out this training camp, but if he doesn't that doesn't mean anything in regards to whether he'll ever be a solid starting QB in this league. Because the reality is that he probably needs this whole year to develop into a viable solid option for the 2016 season.

While he's a mature person, it seems like he didn't have that "boss" like commanding presence in the huddle. He may need to just get another year older and watch how the old guys handle the players on offense. He never had that until Orton came in.

Edited by 1billsfan

Well, he's a free agent. And they have a megabuck$ QB in Flacco. What were they supposed to do? Overpay for a backup when Flacco is one of the most durable QBs in the league?

They no longer have the cap space to keep him?

His salary was under 700,000. This was clearly not a salary cap issue. And Flacco will still need a backup. WHy get rid of such a guy who comes so cheap?

His salary was under 700,000. This was clearly not a salary cap issue. And Flacco will still need a backup. WHy get rid of such a guy who comes so cheap?

The Ravens knew Taylor wanted to try his chances at becoming a starter elsewhere, so they drafted his replacement last year.

The Bills will go into camp with 4 QBs. Tuel stays unless they draft someone.

I'm willing to bet you're wrong. Tuel is gone. Even if the other three qb's slipped on mats at camp Tuel still goes. We have a coach now and Tuel is not making out of camp.

He's a FA and Flacco never gets hurt so he won't see the field. He will have a legitimate shot at playing time here. I would leave also.