Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

Ok, so we have 4 QBs now. Which I'm happy with as I stated before. Can we look for some linemen to help protect them now? Or is the draft where we build that? If we get a solid OLine built, how can anyone not consider the Bills a contender for the AFCE title?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf does this guy have in common with russell Wilson? Rw was a 70% passer his senior year in college. Tyrod was 59%.

Vick maybe, not rw.

Maybe roman is thinking keap...

Tyrod was 2-0 against Russell Wilson in college. Just sayin.

Probably everyone who has lived in Virginia for any length of time....every single stupid Chokie is the best football player to ever set foot on a football field....EVER. :devil: (and for the record i would say the same about any poseur that comes out UVAint)

Rex, your coach, thought he was as good as or better then Geno - else he would not have tried to acquire him for the Jets,

I'd go with that.

I guess the hope is that someone will rise up out of the QB competition to the upper level of mediocrity. Since Cassell at his age isn't suddenly going to be even an average, EJ or Taylor will somehow have to dispel doubts as to their ability to be a solid NFL starter. There will be lots of excitement about the Bills, but it is difficult to see how they overcome their QB and OL issues and become true contenders.

Not that difficult to see how they over come the o-line and qb problems. Doug Marrone and nate Hackett aren't here trying to put every offensive lineman in positions to fail and running a scheme that doesn't fit the players. Also the rookies have a year under their belt and a full off season to work on their weaknesses. We are also 3 days into free agency and have the draft still so it's not like we can't sign anyone else. Our offensive coordinator made Alex smith into a solid starter along with Colin kaepernick. I don't think I can say this enough buy Doug Marrone and nate Hackett aren't here to force a cap scheme on players that aren't suited for it. We went 9-7 with said cap scheme.

If this signing happens, I have almost no doubts that they will NOT be picking a quarterback in the draft. There's been a tremendous amount of scramble by teams already to secure backups that could lead a team if need be if they lose their starters. I think a lot of that stems from the quarterback class this year that when you look past Winston and Mariota, you see nothing but projects. There's 4 QB's on the roster right now, and I seriously doubt we'll be carrying 4 into the preseason. Even if they dropped Tuel and were left with Manuel, Cassel, and Taylor, I don't see them drafting yet another guy unless they outright dropped Manuel as well. That I see as even less likely.

Tyrod was 2-0 against Russell Wilson in college. Just sayin.

Rex, your coach, thought he was as good as or better then Geno - else he would not have tried to acquire him for the Jets,

I'd go with that.

Well.....Rex also liked Sanchez, Tebow, Vick, Geno....

There's a realistic chance EJ gets cut now. I gotta think that we will draft someone developmental. Unless Rex wants to have 3 qbs on the active roster and keep one on PS

Ugh.... There is a realistic chance Cassell Tyrod or EJ gets cut. Of course EJ gets cut if he can't beat out fricken Tyrod Taylor or Matt Cassell as he should. But there is zero reason to cut manuel until he at least has an opportunity to compete in camp and there is zero chance anyone here "already knows" what Rex and roman think about whether EJ can at or not. They might not have even formed their own opinion yet.

I guess the hope is that someone will rise up out of the QB competition to the upper level of mediocrity. Since Cassell at his age isn't suddenly going to be even an average, EJ or Taylor will somehow have to dispel doubts as to their ability to be a solid NFL starter. There will be lots of excitement about the Bills, but it is difficult to see how they overcome their QB and OL issues and become true contenders.

I'm sure that's the hope.

But my guess is that we enter the regular season with this depth chart:

1. Cassel

2. EJ

3. Taylor

I think Cassel will prove to be serviceable and the Bills will win a wild card spot.

I'm sure that's the hope.

But my guess is that we enter the regular season with this depth chart:

1. Cassel

2. EJ

3. Taylor

I think Cassel will prove to be serviceable and the Bills will win a wild card spot.

We'll see how Cassel heals, but I've gotta think giving him a pass on a failed physical means we don't expect him to start 16 games for us

Not a great arm but boy can he run. Maybe Roman has plans to use him in some read option sets?

IIRC the Ravens considered converting him to WR out of college.

Maybe the Bills' version of "Slash"?

This team's affinity for great RBs equals it's affinity for bad QBs :doh:

Yea they should have listened to you and traded for Skelton.

Anyone one got connections to AFCE front offices and can help Barbarian get job there?

:death: :death: :death:

man this team loves QBs that suck :doh:

My bad. I thought Tyrod was the guy serving my drinks @ Applebee's last week. who knew he was still a union member ? We are rivaling all the bottom feeders, especially NYJ as having the worst group of QB's in the league. Of course we'll just be running the ball right ? ----> as every other team has adjusted to 21st Century rules of play.

Says the Blake Bortles, John Skelton, & Landry Jones fan.

Hey man, if we did that Mario-for-Skelton trade we'd have TONS of cap room right now, and we could probably trade that Gregg Jeffries Donruss rookie card for Peyton.

Idea sounds pretty smart now, huh?