Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but I don't follow...how is a guy who was a bigger project than EJ coming out of college who's never played a single relevant snap in his career more developed than EJ who has 14 starts, 3 come back wins, etc?

EJ I would gather is substantially further along than Taylor. I like the signing, low risk project, but to say he's more developed than EJ is just puzzling to me.

This is a guy that's gonna challenge for a back up spot IMO with potential to develop down the road.

Well for one he doesn't have Marrone's stench all over him!

since you put it that way let me make a small edit

the whole offense has Marrone's stench all over them

While you're editing, you should make another small edit: the Bills offense scored more points, threw for more yards and TDs than Roman's 49ers last year. This is despite Roman working with Kaepernick, Gore, Boldin, Crabtree and Davis (3 Pro Bowlers in that group and a QB who had played in the previous 2 NFCC games).

While you're editing, you should make another small edit: the Bills offense scored more points, threw for more yards and TDs than Roman's 49ers last year. This is despite Roman working with Kaepernick, Gore, Boldin, Crabtree and Davis (3 Pro Bowlers in that group and a QB who had played in the previous 2 NFCC games).

jezus christ WEO. I made a joke on someone else's joke.

why not reply to the OP?

Ground and Pound is supposed to have less passing yards is it not? get some sleep....

I really wonder what Jim Harbaugh was thinking knowing he was getting the axe....

like Marrone knowing it didn't matter because he was on his way out? (self imposed)

Dooooooooooomed! What did that same 49ers offense do the prior 2 years?

Trolling is easy. Handpick those stats, baby.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

jezus christ WEO. I made a joke on someone else's joke.

why not reply to the OP?

Ground and Pound is supposed to have less passing yards is it not? get some sleep....

I really wonder what Jim Harbaugh was thinking knowing he was getting the axe....

like Marrone knowing it didn't matter because he was on his way out? (self imposed)

You've been pounding the EJ v. Marrone drum loudly for months.

Roman's "ground and pound" resulted in fewer points than Orton/Marrone, no matter how you slice it. If you know anything about Harbaugh, you know he is about winning and nothing else.

Roman's "ground and pound" resulted in fewer points than Orton/Marrone, no matter how you slice it. If you know anything about Harbaugh, you know he is about winning and nothing else.

The Niners defense wasn't in any way comparable to ours, because that helps. A lot of factors go in to points scored and yards gained. Defense and special teams both factor in.

No, WEO I have not. I have rarely claimed Marrone a failure as of late and as for EJ my responses to half of the EJ sucks posters is that we don't know if EJ is a failure until we see him play more.

Have I been critical if the Offensive schemes, probably but just as much as Juaron and Gailey and Mularkey and Greggggg Williams

but thanks for singling me out.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Tyrod seems to be Rex's guy. If that's indeed the case, expect him to be given every opportunity to win the starting job.

Tyrod is Rex's guy perhaps, but I don't think it's his guy to be starting QB necessarily. I think he's his guy to fill the Brad Smith/Tim Tebow/Michael Vick/wildcat guy he seems to always have.

Look at Rex' quote on Tyrod, “If he’s not the fastest quarterback in the league, he’s certainly up there with them. He’s got great run skills. I’m not gonna say he’s Russell Wilson, but he’s got a little of that in him, where he’s able to run zone-reads and pull the ball down and be effective.”

Nowhere does he mention passing. I see him perhaps being used like Tebow and Vick when Geno was starting. EJ or Cassel leads a nice 60 yard drive or so to put us in the red zone at which point Tyrod Taylor comes into the game and runs the wild cat or something. It's what Rex does.

Dooooooooooomed! What did that same 49ers offense do the prior 2 years?

Trolling is easy. Handpick those stats, baby.

If you insist: in the prior 2 seasons, the great 49ers ground and pound offense ground out 4 and 3 points more per game than the Bills.

The Niners defense wasn't in any way comparable to ours, because that helps. A lot of factors go in to points scored and yards gained. Defense and special teams both factor in.

Not in any way comparable?

Of course it was. It was ranked right behind ours last year and ahead of ours the two previous years.

If you insist: in the prior 2 seasons, the great 49ers ground and pound offense ground out 4 and 3 points more per game than the Bills.

Of course it was. It was ranked right behind ours last year and ahead of ours the two previous years.

In terms of yardage, yes. What about sacks and turnovers?

I never thought WEO could be such a Troll

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/

2013 San Francisco 49ers* 12 4 0 Lost Conf Champ
2012 San Francisco 49ers* 11 4 1 Lost SB
2011 San Francisco 49ers* 13 3 0 Lost Conf Champ

2014 San Francisco 49ers 8 8

one game record lower than Buffalo* in 2014

YET had Brady and the Putrids * played the 2nd half in week 17 the Bills would have finished with the same 8-8 record as the 9ers

I like how you tried to frame it in a way that made it look as close as possible. Let's frame it another way:

The Niners ranked 11th in the NFL in scoring offense vs. 19th for the Bills.

The Niners scored just over 15% more points on the season (15.4%)

Niners ranked 9th in the NFL in ToP while the Bills ranked 15th.

The 49ers turned the ball over the fewest times of any offense in the league. Bills ranked 24th.

Niners again ranked 11th in the NFL in scoring offense vs. 22nd for the Bills.

The Niners scored almost 20% more points on the season (19.7%)

ToP - Niners ranked 14th Bills ranked 28th.

Niners ranked 4th in turnovers, Bills 15th.

Most games in the NFL are decided by a TD or less so averaging 3 and 4 more points a game is HUGE in the NFL, not to mention helping your D out be staying on the field and not turning it over - both staples of a ground and pound offense.

In terms of yardage, yes. What about sacks and turnovers?

You said "in any way". And that is a Defense with Brooks, WIllis, Smith, Bowman, Smith, and now Cox....etc.

But since you asked, they were #1 in ints (Bills #6) and 27th in fumbles forced (Bills 17th). SF created 29 turnovers and the Bills 30.

I never thought WEO could be such a Troll

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/

2013 San Francisco 49ers* 12 4 0 Lost Conf Champ

2012 San Francisco 49ers* 11 4 1 Lost SB

2011 San Francisco 49ers* 13 3 0 Lost Conf Champ

2014 San Francisco 49ers 8 8

one game record lower than Buffalo* in 2014

YET had Brady and the Putrids * played the 2nd half in week 17 the Bills would have finished with the same 8-8 record as the 9ers

The point is that the Roman ground and pound doesn't produce many (or any) more points than the Marrone/Gailey offense. The difference, until this past year, as I pointed out above, is the the 49ers D has been outstanding during Harbaugh's run. It also doesn't hurt that the other teams in the NFCW don't crack 25 ppg either.

I like how you tried to frame it in a way that made it look as close as possible. Let's frame it another way:

The Niners ranked 11th in the NFL in scoring offense vs. 19th for the Bills.

The Niners scored just over 15% more points on the season (15.4%)

Niners ranked 9th in the NFL in ToP while the Bills ranked 15th.

The 49ers turned the ball over the fewest times of any offense in the league. Bills ranked 24th.

Niners again ranked 11th in the NFL in scoring offense vs. 22nd for the Bills.

The Niners scored almost 20% more points on the season (19.7%)

ToP - Niners ranked 14th Bills ranked 28th.

Niners ranked 4th in turnovers, Bills 15th.

Most games in the NFL are decided by a TD or less so averaging 3 and 4 more points a game is HUGE in the NFL, not to mention helping your D out be staying on the field and not turning it over - both staples of a ground and pound offense.

You can frame it many ways (I guess 15% sounds like a much bigger numebr than 3 points). Listing their "ranking" also magnifies the difference, when we know that 8 or 11 teams are squeezed into the difference of 4 or 3 points.

I don't care particularly for points or passing yards if the result = this > - more Wins than Losses and PLAYOFF GAMES, See Seattle

The point is that the Roman ground and pound doesn't produce many (or any) more points than the Marrone/Gailey offense. The difference, until this past year, as I pointed out above, is the the 49ers D has been outstanding during Harbaugh's run. It also doesn't hurt that the other teams in the NFCW don't crack 25 ppg either.

Please stop ragging on me with the Marrone/Gailey points scored, yards gained BS because you are barking @ (trolling) the wrong poster.

OH wait I apologize. I did rag on Marrone - For benching EJ for Orton and not switching back to the younger .500 QB

I also ragged about too many 3 and outs - so do you want to blame Marrone/Gailey or execution by Orton/Offense?