Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

Add in PFF:

SF: 10th overall, 22nd passing, and 12th rushing

Buf: 29th overall, 28th passing, and 29th rushing

Even with all the discord swirling around that team, IMHO, the 49er offense was far better, in fundamental ways, than the Bills' offense

Although, I am not sure why this conversation is in a Tyrod Taylor thread :lol:

Indeed... Maybe some posts should be split out to a new Roman/Offense thread.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's the fuel that will make our offense go! ;)

Truth. Hokies are at worst cautiously optimistic, but generally confident that the City of Buffalo is about to fall in love with TT.

Kid has "it".

And. All. Those. Weapons.

And he is just as potent on the edge. Good news is, if named starter, he won't need to prove it..

Edited by moshermw

No one is concerned that Taylor couldn't even break 60% passing in college?

I'm under the impression that we're not really having expectations of him, but rather identifying a possible diamond in the rough talent. Likely he'll not stay on the roster at the start of the regular season, but if he impresses in camp/preseason, he could be our #2 or even #1.

What I like about Taylor, from what I can tell by what's available on YouTube and what you can dig up on Google of fan discussions about him, is that he's a gamer.

I liked that about Thad too in 2013 and kinda liked him more than EJ, although Thad was even more injury prone and somehow regressed in 2014. (Seems like everyone on offense under Hackett/Marrone regressed in 2014)

Maybe it's just because Tyrod is pure potential right now and hasn't been proven a failure yet, but he's the one I'm secretly rooting for to shine in camp and emerge as the starter.

I want our QB to have the kind of willpower that Fred Jackson has. From what I can see (which isn't much), Tyrod seems to have the most will out of our 3 options at the moment. Cassel seems to be on cruise control, and part of me thinks that EJ has kind of already accomplished his goals in life. I don't think EJ has a deep fire to be a Super Bowl HOF QB, he seems more like he's just happy to be here.

My hope is that Tyrod has that fire that you need in a QB.

Edited by LA Grant

Viable prediction: Taylor wins the backup position behind Cassel. Cassel will then be injured before the halfway point, be replaced by Taylor, who will lead the Bills to an AFC Championship, becoming a national media darling and nailing down the starting position for the next 12 years.

Cassel will land on IR and traded next year for a 7th. EJ will start the season as the #3 QB, but he will remain on the roster because it would cost not save on the cap to cut him, and no one is trading for him. EJ will finish the season as the #2 QB, will re-sign and be a solid backup for us for years to come.

I found it funny as well as telling during Rex's interview this morning on WGR when he mentioned each QB and then listed off their skills and how they help the Bills and then after talking about Taylor he said "and there's Tuel"

lol

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Are we running a Wildcat offense much in 2015?

IMHO this is why we signed Tyrod. Not to compete for the starting gig although we may have told him this and probably will give him ahance. But Rex really wants him to run the wild cat. When he talked about him at the signing all he could talk about was his speed and running the football. Didn't even mention passing at all.

Rex always has a wild cat guy he can bring in for a few plays here and there. First it was Brad Smith, then Tebow. This year he brought Michael Vick in to run it or something very similar while Geno was starting.

I put the over/under at 40 regular season plays before Rex brings in Tyrod to run the wild cat.

IMHO this is why we signed Tyrod. Not to compete for the starting gig although we may have told him this and probably will give him ahance. But Rex really wants him to run the wild cat. ]

The Wildcat died a fast, painless death years ago. Nobody is brining in a player - especially a QB - to run it (since the essence of the formation was to snap it to a non-QB.) I think you're talking about the read option. The problem with this is that if you bring in a special package and only run the read option out of it that tips your hand to the D and it becomes pretty easy to stop. The read option has had success lately when it's run out of an offenses base personnel and not a sub package.

I think they brought in Tyrod because they feel he's another young QB who might be ready to hit his stride and they want to see what he can do when given an opportunity to start. Imo they've done this smartly brining in a vet who can start if need be but they also have two young guys who might be ready to shine. I'm guessing they'd prefer one of the younger guys to blossom.

Edited by MDH

This.

I am not convinced he can beat out Tuel.

Can this team just be done with Tuel once and for all? The guy was undrafted because his talent level is barely NFl p- squad worthy. It doesn't take much to see that Taylor has far more ability and talent than Tuel. There is an outside chance that TT could be a gem. There is no chance that Tuel will ever develop into more than a p- squad player.

No one is concerned that Taylor couldn't even break 60% passing in college?

Somewhere I read that the Ravens weren't happy with his accuracy.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did some sub packages with him but I'm expecting either Cassel to start or EJ to beat him out by making a leap forward this year.

The Wildcat died a fast, painless death years ago. Nobody is brining in a player - especially a QB - to run it (since the essence of the formation was to snap it to a non-QB.) I think you're talking about the read option. The problem with this is that if you bring in a special package and only run the read option out of it that tips your hand to the D and it becomes pretty easy to stop. The read option has had success lately when it's run out of an offenses base personnel and not a sub package.

I think they brought in Tyrod because they feel he's another young QB who might be ready to hit his stride and they want to see what he can do when given an opportunity to start. Imo they've done this smartly brining in a vet who can start if need be but they also have two young guys who might be ready to shine. I'm guessing they'd prefer one of the younger guys to blossom.

Good post

Can this team just be done with Tuel once and for all? The guy was undrafted because his talent level is barely NFl p- squad worthy. It doesn't take much to see that Taylor has far more ability and talent than Tuel. There is an outside chance that TT could be a gem. There is no chance that Tuel will ever develop into more than a p- squad player.

Zero? Zilch? And you know that? For a fact?

What I like about Taylor, from what I can tell by what's available on YouTube and what you can dig up on Google of fan discussions about him, is that he's a gamer.

I liked that about Thad too in 2013 and kinda liked him more than EJ, although Thad was even more injury prone and somehow regressed in 2014. (Seems like everyone on offense under Hackett/Marrone regressed in 2014)

Maybe it's just because Tyrod is pure potential right now and hasn't been proven a failure yet, but he's the one I'm secretly rooting for to shine in camp and emerge as the starter.

I want our QB to have the kind of willpower that Fred Jackson has. From what I can see (which isn't much), Tyrod seems to have the most will out of our 3 options at the moment. Cassel seems to be on cruise control, and part of me thinks that EJ has kind of already accomplished his goals in life. I don't think EJ has a deep fire to be a Super Bowl HOF QB, he seems more like he's just happy to be here.

My hope is that Tyrod has that fire that you need in a QB.

Good post. Accurate IMO.

Viable prediction: Taylor wins the backup position behind Cassel. Cassel will then be injured before the halfway point, be replaced by Taylor, who will lead the Bills to an AFC Championship, becoming a national media darling and nailing down the starting position for the next 12 years.

Cassel will land on IR and traded next year for a 7th. EJ will start the season as the #3 QB, but he will remain on the roster because it would cost not save on the cap to cut him, and no one is trading for him. EJ will finish the season as the #2 QB, will re-sign and be a solid backup for us for years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuedZ1Y_dU4

Awesome.