Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

If you were a FA wouldn't you go to a place that you had a chance to start vs. staying somewhere as a backup? It is a Tyrod decision not a Raven's decision.

In addition, his former OC (Kubiak) is now a HC and his team offered Tyrod more money than he took in Buffalo. So the guy that has seen him the most, went after him harder than anybody. That has to be a good sign -no? It kind of indicates the exact opposite of what you suggested above.

Kubiak can make chicken salad out of chicken scratch in regards to the QB position. Yes it indicates there is something there but he would have another year to work with the kid and allow him to learn behind one of the great NFL quarterbacks. So it wouldn't have been a huge gamble for them to pay him more if he is willing to be patient.

Time will tell if he can be something in Buffalo. I just have my doubts that he's ready this year to be the kind of guy that can lead the Bills to the playoffs.

If I'm wrong I'll buy his jersey and wear it with pride. Save the post and hold me to it.

Edited by Joe Buffalo

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kubiak can make chicken salad out of chicken scratch in regards to the QB position. Yes it indicates there is something there but he would have another year to work with the kid and allow him to learn behind one of the great NFL quarterbacks. So it wouldn't have been a huge gamble for them to pay him more if he is willing to be patient.

Time will tell if he can be something in Buffalo. I just have my doubts that he's ready this year to be the kind of guy that can lead the Bills to the playoffs.

If I'm wrong I'll buy his jersey and wear it with pride. Save the post and hold me to it.

I do like your attitude Mister !

I'm not saying that he will win the job or anything. I'm simply suggesting that those that have seen a lot of him like something that they see. This wasn't a case where the Ravens let some guy go because they thought he was a scrub. This was the case of a player betting on himself. We will see how it unfolds.

I predict a huge run on #5 Bills Taylor Jerseys - starting about week 6.

As a former Virginian who saw and listened to way too much hype about this guy, no thanks. This topic makes me LOL, actually. Ryan Fitzpatrick is his ceiling as a qb, continuously putting his team in a position for himself to let the masses down. I would be more shocked if he started, than if he got cut. Tuel sucking is the only hope he has.

As a former Virginian who saw and listened to way too much hype about this guy, no thanks. This topic makes me LOL, actually. Ryan Fitzpatrick is his ceiling as a qb, continuously putting his team in a position for himself to let the masses down. I would be more shocked if he started, than if he got cut. Tuel sucking is the only hope he has.

I feel the same way but there's no reason to let the wind out of the sails of anyone who's hopeful that he'll succeed. It'll play itself out.

Having lived in Maryland the entire time Taylor was there, I have no idea what you could be talking about. Taylor has had no chance to prove nor disprove himself in the NFL yet. He had one quarter in which he was part of the game plan, and he was used solely as a gadget in that quarter. He killed it in preseason, and I suspect he will be in this upcoming QB competition right up until the end. He may even win it; although, I certainly don't see him as the favorite.

If you're talking about his college career, he won the ACC in his senior season, beating Florida State (with EJ) and winning ACC offensive player of the year and conference MVP. He choked a bit at the combine and got royally screwed at his pro day.

Zen statement right there. kinda weird from a Buffalo guy

The way I see it the team is for the fans. There's no point in us tearing each other to pieces over an opinion. I've loved this team and it's fans too long to have it out over a player on the team we all love. They could move Dareus to qb and have him play both ways for all I care as long as he got us back to the playoffs.

The way I see it the team is for the fans. There's no point in us tearing each other to pieces over an opinion. I've loved this team and it's fans too long to have it out over a player on the team we all love. They could move Dareus to qb and have him play both ways for all I care as long as he got us back to the playoffs.

:beer:

:thumbsup:

Yeah, only a Buffalo guy would get the metaphor backwards. That post really took the sail our of our wind.

It's spelled sale , anyways.

• 4 months later...

Loved reading through this thread. Bumping this isn't meant to poke at anyone. Hindsight is always 20/20. It's interesting to see how opinions evolve through the process.

Edited by scribo

Loved reading through this thread. Bumping this isn't mean to poke at anyone. Hindsight is always 20/20. It's interesting to see how opinions evolve through the process.

Thanks for the bump. It's really entertaining to look back sometimes.

Plus, it shows how little value there is in hanging on the daily flatulence of TSW's in-depth 'analysis'....

If Tyrod starts I say we steal the VT enter sandman openings to home games as well.

That opening rocks live for any who have been. Whole stadium goes bananas and starts shaking.

This +1000000

Can you imagine the Ralph erupting when it starts!!!!

And this game wasn't even in VT, but posted because of TT...

Edited by ricojes