Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal broke down some Tyrod Taylor

@SalSports: Tyrod Taylor: Wild-card in Bills QB battle (highlights included): http://t.co/8cMyMyOxv1

One interesting part of that piece was that the Ravens had 3 OC's in his 4 years. He might pick up on Roman's playbook quicker than people expect. People pointed out that this might be an advantage for Cassel, who had to learn multiple playbooks, so who knows?

I think we may have a real QB battle and it does not include Matt Cassel.

Sorry Cassel/Orton lovers - Bill Polian said it best on SM radio "Cassel only there for injury protection no real threat to EJ if they were able to sign McCown different story "

For anyone interested I would watch Tyrod Taylor complete appearance on ESPN's Three For the Show 2011.

Lets see:

Cassel 1 year contract - No extension -No franchise put their hope on a QB with a 1-2 yr. contract

Taylor 3 year contract - Rex choice turned down more money from Denver to compete in Buffalo. That's interesting what did Whaley, Rex and Roman say to Tyrod to turn down more money in Denver?

Edited by liverpoolkev

Sal broke down some Tyrod Taylor

@SalSports: Tyrod Taylor: Wild-card in Bills QB battle (highlights included): http://t.co/8cMyMyOxv1

Anybody see a Superbowl winning QB there? I dont.

I see a guy who, from the snap, is "omg omg omg omg omg omg . . . yes!"

Only a couple highlights, I know. And i'm happy he had time to marinate under Flacco. I'd rather see each of his 35 NFL passes, rather than 4 rah-rah college highlights.

Hopeful, but not optimistic. Prove me wrong TT.

Edited by maddenboy

Sorry Cassel/Orton lovers - Bill Polian said it best on SM radio "Cassel only there for injury protection no real threat to EJ if they were able to sign McCown different story "

For anyone interested I would watch Tyrod Taylor complete appearance on ESPN's Three For the Show 2011.

Lets see:

Cassel 1 year contract - No extension -No franchise put their hope on a QB with a 1-2 yr. contract

Taylor 3 year contract - Rex choice turned down more money from Denver to compete in Buffalo. That's interesting what did Whaley, Rex and Roman say to Tyrod to turn down more money in Denver?

good point re: contracts plus he was seemingly hand picked by Rex. They all want "their" guy to be the one.

Anybody see a Superbowl winning QB there? I dont.

I see a guy who, from the snap, is "omg omg omg omg omg omg . . . yes!"

Only a couple highlights, I know. And i'm happy he had time to marinate under Flacco. I'd rather see each of his 35 NFL passes, rather than 4 rah-rah college highlights.

Hopeful, but not optimistic. Prove me wrong TT.

I don't necessarily see the SB QB either but this regime is clearly looking for a particular skillset and dynamic. Track record will have no part in the decision, IMO. May the best man win.

Lets see:

"Must Watch TV" = The full Tyrod Taylor part of Three for the Show:

Edited by scribo

"Must Watch TV" = The full Tyrod Taylor part of Three for the Show:

Watching that makes even clearer why TT came to Buffalo and not Denver - dude is on a mission to prove the media wrong - and, more importantly, be a starting NFL QB.

Notice how Rex says he's going to give "both" quarterbacks an equal shot at winning the job. He's not referencing Taylor. He's referencing Cassel and Manuel. Taylor is only going to be a trick play guy if anything at all. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483546/article/rex-on-ej-lets-not-just-throw-him-out-after-two-years?campaign=Twitter_atn

Notice how Rex says he's going to give "both" quarterbacks an equal shot at winning the job. He's not referencing Taylor. He's referencing Cassel and Manuel. Taylor is only going to be a trick play guy if anything at all. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483546/article/rex-on-ej-lets-not-just-throw-him-out-after-two-years?campaign=Twitter_atn

Careful with that assumption.

Careful with that assumption.

. No need. It's obvious if you've followed him since college. If he was worth a roster spot the Ravens would have kept him. They're above average when it comes to judging talent and keeping the good ones and letting the middling/busts go.

It's intersting to me that Denver was the team that offered him more money. Their new HC was his OC. That is a good sign.

IMO the Bills will go into camp with Cassel on top of the depth chart. He certainly has the highest floor of the 3. EJ and TT will be given the chance to win the job. If the coaching staff feels that their floors are high enough they will have a chance to play.

The Bills will make the playoffs if they get decent QB play. That is why they signed Cassel because he will provide that. If they want to be a Super Bowl threat he probably isn't the guy. EJ or TT could possibly be if they develop.

. No need. It's obvious if you've followed him since college. If he was worth a roster spot the Ravens would have kept him. They're above average when it comes to judging talent and keeping the good ones and letting the middling/busts go.

Tyrod Taylor was a free agent. He didn't go back to Baltimore or to Denver because he wanted a legit chance to win starting job. He didn't want to stay with Ravens since Flacco will be the starter there longterm. Be careful not to jump to conclusions.

Tyrod Taylor was a free agent. He didn't go back to Baltimore or to Denver because he wanted a legit chance to win starting job. He didn't want to stay with Ravens since Flacco will be the starter there longterm. Be careful not to jump to conclusions.

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. It's a pretty safe assumption that he'll be the gimmick guy and nothing more.

If you say so.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's just my opinion. That's what this board is about. They do have a couple Super Bowls to their credit. They must be doing something right with their roster.

If you were a FA wouldn't you go to a place that you had a chance to start vs. staying somewhere as a backup? It is a Tyrod decision not a Raven's decision.

In addition, his former OC (Kubiak) is now a HC and his team offered Tyrod more money than he took in Buffalo. So the guy that has seen him the most, went after him harder than anybody. That has to be a good sign -no? It kind of indicates the exact opposite of what you suggested above.