Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a lot of him at Virginia Tech.

The first thing I noticed was how perfect his mechanics were. As an ex pitching coach, I notice those things.

The other thing that was obvious is how he made huge mistakes and did not see the entire field.

I remember one play in particular. His outside guy ran a go route and was wide open. At least 20 yards.

Taylor threw to an underneath route and the throw resulted in a pick. At that instant I remember stating to my Va. Tech son that I really hope the Bills don't draft him.

Time and time again he made poor decisions.

Thanks for the link. moshermw really did his homework on Tyrod. Everyone should give it a read if you haven't.

Thanks for the props.

Tyrod will wow with his athleticism. No doubt. Arm strength is real good. He's also a character guy.

I am as curious as all VT fans to see how much real NFL QB coaching has helped him read defenses and see the field better. He got by at VT on pure talent cuz VT had crap for QB coaching. Thinking the Ravens had a little bit better....

cant see it as EJ replacement but Leroi...

I didn't believe that Leroi blurb then or now. That said, it would be understandable with McCown and (pre retirement issue) Locker, by having a veteran and a young guy with potential like EJ in Locker. It doesn't make sense with Taylor IMO. That's way too much risk.