[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I didn't see a single decent run after catch in that video. Pretty much all short TDs. Also noted this four-minute highlight reel couldn't have more than a play for every 25-30 seconds. Not much to work with, I am sure.

And what the video doesnt show you is Scott Chandler gets rag dolled way to much blocking then he should for a man of his size....

Clay...on the other hand is actually a pretty good blocker

Funny, I didn't see a single decent run after catch in that video. Pretty much all short TDs. Also noted this four-minute highlight reel couldn't have more than a play for every 25-30 seconds. Not much to work with, I am sure.

Plenty of film for the coaches and scouts to see.

He's exactly the guy for Roman, and one of my top players I wanted in FA. He's just what we need out of that position right now, much better than Chandler, and good complement to Chandler who would be a good #2.

Sure, but he's got a Miss Piggy face, and flat hips.

I think you can make the argument that Scott Chandler is an average TE in this league with average stats.. Clay is an above average TE with average stats.

Also stats do not tell the story. Also they are not at all the same type of player.

That is all.

Yep, he's the TE from this FA class that I thought was the best fit. Cameron might be better when healthy, but who knows if/when that ever happens.

If Cameron didn't have the concussion issue, he'd probably have been retained by Cleveland or signed by now. Several teams have brought him in and passed because he's too much of a risk.

FWIW, For the 2014 season, PFF had Clay graded 9th among tight ends in receiving and 11th in run blocking (as opposed to Chandler, who was rated 63rd and 40th respectively)

A little more perspective: Julius Thomas was rated 10th and 33rd respectively

Edited by billsfan1959

You guys do know that Miami signed Clay right?

Gave him a transition tag which gives him the right to sign with another team. The Dolphins can either match the contract and keep him or not match and signing team gets him....or have you read none of this?

Edited by nucci