[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot depends on where Clay wants to play....

the only thing that could be a draw is that Brian Hartline just signed there. No idea if they are friends from Miami but that's all I can come up with. While I know they have insane cap space, they have been very clear they won't overpay anyone. Right player, right price. But you never know.

So far it has appeared they are under the impression FA starts next week.

I wonder if Clay and incognito are friends and if Richie is helping to recruit him

Here we go

@PhinManiacs: According to @ArmandoSalguero, it is expected that the Buffalo Bills will offer Charles Clay an official contract today.

didnt you know Richie bullied everyone in Miami, thats probably why Clay is hesitant to sign

but for realz, Its pro sports, 90 percent about the money, 10 percent about playing where you want/with who you want (at least on first big contracts...after a player gets paid they are more willing to "take less for the right situation"...

now if that difference is an average of 7 million here, and 8 million average in Cleveland...would seem like a no brainer for Clay to bring his talents to Orchard Park

didnt you know Richie bullied everyone in Miami, thats probably why Clay is hesitant to sign

but for realz, Its pro sports, 90 percent about the money, 10 percent about playing where you want/with who you want (at least on first big contracts...after a player gets paid they are more willing to "take less for the right situation"...

now if that difference is an average of 7 million here, and 8 million average in Cleveland...would seem like a no brainer for Clay to bring his talents to Orchard Park

i have no doubt the money will be there... It's the other ten percent

Where is all this bad feeling coming from? What did I miss while sleeping?

Rumors that the Browns and or Dolphins will match or the Browns will offer more money than the Bills and that Clay will be going to Cleaveland for a visit.

Question, can the Bills only offer an offer sheet once? Say they offer it and the Browns top it. Do the Bills get another chance to top it or do the Bills only get one chance?

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Rumors that the Browns and or Dolphins will match or the Browns will offer more money than the Bills and that Clay will be going to Cleaveland for a visit.

Question, can the Bills only offer an offer sheet once? Say they offer it and the Browns top it. Do the Bills get another chance to top it or do the Bills only get one chance?

CBF

Once he signs the Bills offer sheet the Browns are out. They cannot obtain Clay after that.

CBF

Think of the offer sheet as a contract. Clay can sign with any team he chooses to. If he signs with someone other than Miami, Dolphins can match the exact contract Clay signed or not match and Clay becomes property of the team he signed with.

Edited by nucci

So all the Bills need to do is get him to sign the sheet and then the Browns are out??

So its a race between the Bills and the Browns as to who can sign him first?

Why did we let him leave Buffalo then without signing!?

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

So all the Bills need to do is get him to sign the sheet and then the Browns are out??

CBF

Correct..

The Bills are waiting for the Dolphins to settle and announce the terms of the Suh contract before tendering their offer sheet for Clay. I worry that we're going to lose other free agents while Miami takes its time clearing cap space for Clay and others.

The Bills are waiting for the Dolphins to settle and announce the terms of the Suh contract before tendering their offer sheet for Clay. I worry that we're going to lose other free agents while Miami takes its time clearing cap space for Clay and others.

I doubt Whaley is just sitting around doing nothing while waiting on Clay.....

see above posts and thread on Suh contract. The details were released last night and the bills are presenting offer today in attempt to structure for non-matchability (yes I made up that word)

CBF

i don't know if he has left, but the contract is being presented to him today by the bills. Edited by YoloinOhio

see above posts and thread on Suh contract. The details were released last night and the bills are presenting offer today in attempt to structure for non-matchability (yes I made up that word)

i don't know if he has left, but the contract is being presented to him today by the bills.

Where did you hear this?

CBF