[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a great sign but I'm fairly confident the Bills know what they're doing with this one. There is also a good chance that Clay wants to stay in Miami and if he's going to leave it needs to be the most money he can get. Going to Cleveland may drive up the Bills price.

It's not a great sign but I'm fairly confident the Bills know what they're doing with this one. There is also a good chance that Clay wants to stay in Miami and if he's going to leave it needs to be the most money he can get. Going to Cleveland may drive up the Bills price.

He doesn't need to get on a plane to know what they are offering. If he's leaving the building and heading to Cleveland they must be offering more IMO

I was thinking about that. I wonder if there is a clause that you can write into the contract to protect against that? Sort of a good faith clause? I am not a CBA expert but of someone on here is it would be interesting.

I would think the Bills would treat it as a one year contract, tear it up, and sign him to a new deal after next season. They are basically paying him alot of money to get him here, then after that big year is over they can get him signed on a new deal that makes sense for him and the Bills. If he threatened a holdout, the Bills would have leverage though as he'd be under contract.

I agree Chandler is no a premier TE. but he's helped the Bill win games and to be left with the 3 still on the roster who are not very impressive.

Clay's versatility ... can he break tackles like Gronk?

if the answer is yes, then pay him.

Clay's value is that he can block on the LOS, carry the ball, catch the ball out of the backfield, block blitzes in the backfield, line up in the slot or play out wide as a WR. That's why he is so coveted. You can disguise what you want to do by moving him around and making people account for him. He was a really good receiver in 2013 as well which is why he wound up on the top 100 players in the NFL list. The guy is a Swiss army knife. Think of him like Scottie Pippen as a 3 man instead of a more traditional wing. Guys that can do multiple (there's that word again) things in sports are in very high demand these days.

Last year Chandler was released and no one even brought him for a visit. He is too limited to be your #1 guy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He doesn't need to get on a plane to know what they are offering. If he's leaving the building and heading to Cleveland they must be offering more IMO

OR....

He wants to actually see what the City of Cleveland is like before signing a 4-5 year deal.

But who cares. WHALEY SUCKS!

But it's also where he would be playing. He needs to meet the coaches, figure out what they're planning to do with him, see the city, etc. so if they money is close he knows which one he feels best with. It also drives up Buffalo's price, or could, knowing he's serious. He already looked for homes in Buffalo in case he signs here.

he wouldn't sign the contract and then go to Cleveland because he can only sign one. It doesn't mean he won't sign it.

no what it means is his heart is not into being a Bill

OR....

He wants to actually see what the City of Cleveland is like before signing a 4-5 year deal.

But who cares. WHALEY SUCKS!

Yes, that's what I said

But it's also where he would be playing. He needs to meet the coaches, figure out what they're planning to do with him, see the city, etc. so if they money is close he knows which one he feels best with. It also drives up Buffalo's price, or could, knowing he's serious. He already looked for homes in Buffalo in case he signs here.

Possible. It just seems like when a guy leaves he doesn't come back

If really wants to stay in Miami, he's not going to sign a deal he thinks Miami won't match.

That's not the point. The point is if he wants to stay in Miami the way he is not going to is if the money is VERY good. So he is getting the Bills and the Browns to get in a bidding war. He's getting 7 to play in Miami. He will get 9 or more with the Bills or Browns. So he is getting as much as he can.

I would doubt that he wants Miami to match a deal that pays him a million or more less a year than he is being offered.

That's not the point. The point is if he wants to stay in Miami the way he is not going to is if the money is VERY good. So he is getting the Bills and the Browns to get in a bidding war. He's getting 7 to play in Miami. He will get 9 or more with the Bills or Browns. So he is getting as much as he can.

I would doubt that he wants Miami to match a deal that pays him a million or more less a year than he is being offered.

plus signing with the Dolphins is 1 yr only...Sure he wants a multi-year deal