[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Preciate your patience, Kirby. Can't blame Johnny Come Lately's for not reading all 40+ pages to see if their exact message has uttered 40 times. IMO, no sense starting a new thread til a decision is made -one way or another.

Yes, because I don't post everyday my opinion is not as important as yours. My point is that if he is so versatile and such an awesome weapon, then why hasn't he put up very good stats?

It's a game of chicken. Clay wants a lot of money. Dolphins are still dining Cameron who is still there. Browns are waiting to see what Bills do. I'm not sure exactly what is going on but I know it's a lot of high stakes gamesmanship between three teams and a player and agent. I still like our chances

It's a game of chicken. Clay wants a lot of money. Dolphins are still dining Cameron who is still there. Browns are waiting to see what Bills do. I'm not sure exactly what is going on but I know it's a lot of high stakes gamesmanship between three teams and a player and agent. I still like our chances

since he decided to visit Cleveland, bills don't want to share their offer yet in case browns just top it? Wait for browns to blink first?

Also, Evan Mathis becoming available and both Buffalo and Miami having interest definitely changes the dynamics.

For example, suppose Miami trades for Mathis; Buffalo can now move on Clay knowing that Miami is very unlikely to match. Conversely, if Buffalo lands Mathis, they might have to bail on Clay because they can't frontload his contract like they'd need to to prevent Miami from matching. Then again, if someone else lands Mathis, the stare-down may continue.

So you picked the guy up (with the owner) as soon as you could, kept the guy in town for two days, and you're "debating" whether you want to make him an offer? Riiighhhttttt.

Sounds like damage control to me. I wonder if they have something else up their sleeve?

Could be but I very much doubt it. It's just playing the game. Waiting to see who blinks first

since he decided to visit Cleveland, bills don't want to share their offer yet in case browns just top it? Wait for browns to blink first?

they probably want Clay to decide which team he would rather be on regardless of money. the offers will probably be similar. he saw what we have to offer as an up and coming team, now he's going to go to Cleveland and see how much of a mess that organization is and he will come crawling back to talk terms with us

maybe. The Bills would likely have a chance to match the Browns deal before he signs. The agent is using the Browns against us either way.

Also, Evan Mathis becoming available and both Buffalo and Miami having interest definitely changes the dynamics.

For example, suppose Miami trades for Mathis; Buffalo can now move on Clay knowing that Miami is very unlikely to match. Conversely, if Buffalo lands Mathis, they might have to bail on Clay because they can't frontload his contract like they'd need to to prevent Miami from matching. Then again, if someone else lands Mathis, the stare-down may continue.

Yep I was thinking Mathis affects it too.