[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

it's been non-stop since marrone stepped down.

add in having to move out of buffalo news bureau, nhl all-star game, nhl features and nhl trade deadline, a bona game here and there, car shopping and squeezing in a vacation -- oh and a few* nights o' drinking -- and my time gets eaten up.

jw

(* more than four)

thanks for all you do.

Finally got Twitter and am following you. Fun to read when I get off work and you'restill tweeting.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Bills are required to make public the specifics of their offer sheet, correct? Only to the Dolphins? I would hope they have a confidentiality agreement in place that their offer sheet will not be shared with the Browns.

I don't think the Bills are required to make public the specifics of their offer sheet, correct? Only to the Dolphins? I would hope they have a confidentiality agreement in place that their offer sheet will not be shared with the Browns.

It is a standard NFL contract....once it's signed I'm sure the specifics will be released or at least on file in league office. If Clay signs a Bills offer sheet he can't sign one with the Browns. Browns will be irrelevant...unless Dolphins match and trade him

Edited by nucci

Supposedly he's visiting Buffalo, including looking for houses (which may be just for show), and expects an offer sheet tomorrow. Cleveland is also expected to make a serious push for him, and the 'Phins can always match.

Pretty sure that's all there is. I wouldn't expect anything new on this front until the weekend at the earliest.

clay can receive multiple offer sheets, but can only present one to the Dolphins.

I think there's a lot of selective memory around here. Is he a top-tier TE? No, of course not. But he's an effective guy who would be a fine complement to Clay...

Funny, I didn't see a single decent run after catch in that video. Pretty much all short TDs. Also noted this four-minute highlight reel couldn't have more than a play for every 25-30 seconds. Not much to work with, I am sure.

Funny, I didn't see a single decent run after catch in that video. Pretty much all short TDs. Also noted this four-minute highlight reel couldn't have more than a play for every 25-30 seconds. Not much to work with, I am sure.

oh I'd love to comment about this but I'll let retired dogs lie

oh I'd love to comment about this but I'll let retired dogs lie

Isn't it odd that people wouldn't want this guy? He is MILES better than any TE that we have had in years (since at least Riemersma). He's a Swiss army knife and a great athlete. They can disguise plays better because he can line up in so many places. He's exactly what the Bills need. The perfect case of the stats don't tell the story.

It's one thing for people to say "I'm not familiar with him" and another to think that he isn't an upgrade over Chandler.

Isn't it odd that people wouldn't want this guy? He is MILES better than any TE that we have had in years (since at least Riemersma). He's a Swiss army knife and a great athlete. They can disguise plays better because he can line up in so many places. He's exactly what the Bills need. The perfect case of the stats don't tell the story.

It's one thing for people to say "I'm not familiar with him" and another to think that he isn't an upgrade over Chandler.

He's exactly the guy for Roman, and one of my top players I wanted in FA. He's just what we need out of that position right now, much better than Chandler, and good complement to Chandler who would be a good #2.

I also don't get those who say they are similar players.

I also don't get those who say they are similar players.

The only ones who say that are the people who have only looked at Clay's numbers and haven't taken the time (or had the opportunity) to watch his tape. They'll come around when they see what he brings come September (knock on wood).

He's exactly the guy for Roman, and one of my top players I wanted in FA. He's just what we need out of that position right now, much better than Chandler, and good complement to Chandler who would be a good #2.

Yep, he's the TE from this FA class that I thought was the best fit. Cameron might be better when healthy, but who knows if/when that ever happens.