RB Frank Gore with Eagles

I grew up in Philly, and am still an Eagles fan (2nd to the Bills), but c'mon - why wouldn't he prefer the Colts? Better team, more playoff hopes, coach more appreciative of RB's, and if I'm a RB and have to replace somebody, I'm gonna look MUCH better compared to Trent Richardson than McCoy....not to mention the difference in QB's to minimize the 8-man fronts....assuming $$ are similar, this is a no brainer!

Edited by bourbonboy

I'll LMAO if Gore goes to the Colts instead of the Eagles.

Yeah I'm with you on this. For some reason Chip has completely turned me off with his arrogance, not that I was wild about him, but he was an interesting guy to watch. I'd be utterly frustrated if I was an Eagles fan because every player that perfectly fits his scheme he gets rid of. He's the perfect example of why an organization goes down a slippery slop giving that much personnel power to a coach. I'm as content as I've been since the glory years with our FO and it's relationship with the coaching staff. They appear to be working in harmony.

good for Gore, he will last longer than people think. I predict spiller signs for an offer that was less than the Bills offered. Same greedy karma fate that got Marrone

It's almost like things have started going Buffaloes way lately. Byrd doesn't re-sign, then fizzled with injury.. Levitre isn't re-signed flails badly... Shep Hughes trade pays handsomely.... Ralphie passes, pegs comes along.... At doug opts out, Rex Ryan opts in.... Spiller declines a deal so they go get the far better/best running back from the same draft... They are on this roll of turning negatives into greater positives... Each challenge has been met as an opportunity to get better.

I grew up in Philly, and am still an Eagles fan (2nd to the Bills), but c'mon - why wouldn't he prefer the Colts? Better team, more playoff hopes, coach more appreciative of RB's, and if I'm a RB and have to replace somebody, I'm gonna look MUCH better compared to Trent Richardson than McCoy....not to mention the difference in QB's to minimize the 8-man fronts....assuming $$ are similar, this is a no brainer!

and Andrew Luck!!

@AdamSchefter: Let's try this again: Frank Gore plans to sign with Indy, per source; deal expected to be similar to Philly offer: 3-years, $12M, $7.5M gtd.

You're kidding right?

I didn't see it but saw this-

@ProFootballTalk: It took First Take nearly 30 minutes to claim credit for Frank Gore's change of heart.

@AdamSchefter: Let's try this again: Frank Gore plans to sign with Indy, per source; deal expected to be similar to Philly offer: 3-years, $12M, $7.5M gtd.

I didn't see it but saw this-

@ProFootballTalk: It took First Take nearly 30 minutes to claim credit for Frank Gore's change of heart.

Haha. They should just cut Cooper though. He sucks.

When you look at Philly you see a team that has no QB, no WRs, no healed and healthy MLBs between Alonso and Ryans (torn Achilles), no defensive backfield outside Byron Maxwell. They have a decent OL and DL. All football personeel decisions are being made by a coach with precisely TWO YEARS of NFL coaching experience and ten minutes of NFL personnel experience.

Why would Gore leave a grease fire in SF to go play in the middle of a tire fire?

But chip = genius!

@Deadspin: Report: Frank Gore had serious doubts about the Eagles' offense. http://t.co/smUHTSdGfm

I don't think Kelly ever imagined Maclin bolting for KC. That was a bigger loss than they are letting on.

Personally, I think Gore is a terrific fit for the Colts. Kind of adds that Anquan Boldin toughness and grittiness that they are lacking right now...

Edited by Buftex

When you look at Philly you see a team that has no QB, no WRs, no healed and healthy MLBs between Alonso and Ryans (torn Achilles), no defensive backfield outside Byron Maxwell. They have a decent OL and DL. All football personeel decisions are being made by a coach with precisely TWO YEARS of NFL coaching experience and ten minutes of NFL personnel experience.

Why would Gore leave a grease fire in SF to go play in the middle of a tire fire?

Pyromania?

GO BILLS!!!

But chip = genius!

@Deadspin: Report: Frank Gore had serious doubts about the Eagles' offense. http://t.co/smUHTSdGfm

Somebody, somewhere, made a great point about Chip... if this doesn't work out for him, with the Eagles, he can just bail and go back to the college game...but this could set the Eagles franchise back quite a bit. For the Eagles sake, Chip better know what he is doing.

I know this is a double post, I came across this in the official Bills sitdown interview with Shady. It seems that he and Gore were friends, to the point where Shady was asking about Roman's system and what to expect:

Greg (Roman) is an excellent guy. He’s very intelligent. He finds ways to get his running back the ball in space to make different plays,” McCoy said. “I’m very close with Frank Gore and Frank couldn’t stop saying positive things about coach. So it sounds like Greg and I are going to have the same vision and the same goals. I can say just the way he uses the back, he wants to make the guy the workhorse so we definitely agree on that. The main thing is to run the ball hard and get some guys up front to make some things happen.”

I wonder if the way that Chip treated Shady had anything to do with Gore changing his mind.

I know this is a double post, I came across this in the official Bills sitdown interview with Shady. It seems that he and Gore were friends, to the point where Shady was asking about Roman's system and what to expect:

I wonder if the way that Chip treated Shady had anything to do with Gore changing his mind.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/0ap3000000477874/McCoy-advised-Gore-about-Eagles-decision?campaign=twitter_video_mccoy