CJ turned down Bills offer

Given this scenario...would you rather have McCoy only, or Spiller + Kiko? If we were balking at an extra .5 mill, seems silly to me given the following event.

McCoy. Spiller wasn't good enough and the defense was the best it's been in over a decade without kiko. Spiller is going to fade to anonymity and kiko I expect will have a poz like career.

McCoy is the best bills rb since TT and now easily the best player on offense.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rand_Getlin: The #Jets, #Patriots, #Dolphins, #Cardinals, #49ers, #Redskins and #Lions all have interest in Spiller, league sources say.

If accurate that is both a lot of teams and the teams that know him the best in the league making up a lot of the list

Yeah, I agree.

I like CJ and was hoping to see what he could do with a run game guru for an OC.

But given his production, 4.5 mil seems like a strong offer. CJ and his agent overplayed their hand.

It makes me feel better to know we offered him a fair contract and only pursued Shady when we were spurned.

I'm no expert in NFL finance but I don't think CJ will get much more than 4.5 on the open market. There are too many backs in free agency, too many good ones in the draft, and too many people like Chip Kelly who think 'backs are a dime a dozen' in this pass-happy league.

Wow, talk about overplaying your card.

Wonder what these guys are thinking now.

Is his agent Dougie Marrone?

No. Chad Speck.

If accurate that is both a lot of teams and the teams that know him the best in the league making up a lot of the list

Wait and see who actually make him offers and what the offers are.

Spiller's beef with the Bills is he wanted to be paid like an every-down star running back who can do it all when he's a talented but part time player who can't block and is coming off a very bad year.

A lot of teams will be interested but if he's holding out to be paid $6M/yr the interest will fade.

does this mean that our management expects to re-work McCoy for about that much in cap hit? is that a possible renogiation?

I don't think so.

McCoy's current contract averages about $8M/yr for 3 years. Expect the Bills to offer him something similar on average, but with a signing bonus, guaranteed money, and a 4th year.

Something maybe like $28M for 4 years, $6M/yr, $4M signing bonus, $4M guaranteed.

Only Bills fans could hate a guy with a career 5 ypc. I wish Spiller the best. Classy guy who was wasted by Jags assistant coaches.

If he goes to the right team, he will be high on my fantasy draft board. And that's all that is important.

Some Bills fans seem to hate everybody who doesn't play for another team.

It's not his career average 5 ypc that gets hate, it's the career 47 ypg. He hasn't been an every down back like McCoy or Murray, and his overall productivity reflects that.

Of course playing for Jags assistant coaches the last 2 years didn't help his case, but that's the bottom line: he wanted to be paid like an every-down workhorse when even under Chan, he didn't quite make that status.

Good.

He is not worth $5+M a year

I'm tellin' ya.

I'm glad that this guy that we've wasted so much time and hope on is finally gone.

McCoy is everything that Spiller was supposed to be.

Edited by TaskersGhost

That is true Dave. Give that man a six yard wide opening and he's tail lights!

Of course Gale Sayers only needed 18 inches, but of course that was back in the NFL Era of the Running Back. :ph34r:

Edited by Nanker

Only Bills fans could hate a guy with a career 5 ypc. I wish Spiller the best. Classy guy who was wasted by Jags assistant coaches.

If he goes to the right team, he will be high on my fantasy draft board. And that's all that is important.

Be prepared for the laughter on your draft day...

You know there are no fantasy points for negative-to-zero carries right?

Be prepared for the laughter on your draft day...

You know there are no fantasy points for negative-to-zero carries right?

And we all know laugher on draft day means a lot at the end of the season.

Our offensive coaches were clowns last year. Keep running Spiller up the middle and not throwing him the ball. If Pholly is smart, they sign Spiller and get him and Kiko for McCoy.

And we all know laugher on draft day means a lot at the end of the season.

Our offensive coaches were clowns last year. Keep running Spiller up the middle and not throwing him the ball. If Pholly is smart, they sign Spiller and get him and Kiko for McCoy.

Fool me three times....