CJ turned down Bills offer

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of 4.5 mill/yr

@NBCdianna: League sources tell me CJ Spiller turned down 4.5 million per year from Bills hence the reason for the trade of McCoy. #Bills #eagles

Big surprise there- I had him pegged around 4m. We will see!

Of 4.5 mill/yr

@NBCdianna: League sources tell me CJ Spiller turned down 4.5 million per year from Bills hence the reason for the trade of McCoy. #Bills #eagles

Wow. Not surprised by the offer but a little surprised by the fact he turned it down. Will he get 5m a year on another team? Maybe. Probably not though. 4-5m i guess is his range.

I suspect what could have happened was, his agent advised "Let's hold out a little longer and see if we can get 5 or 5.5" and then the Bills got the call from Philly and pulled the trigger on Shady.

Wow. Not surprised by the offer but a little surprised by the fact he turned it down. Will he get 5m a year on another team? Maybe. Probably not though. 4-5m i guess is his range.

I suspect what could have happened was, his agent advised "Let's hold out a little longer and see if we can get 5 or 5.5" and then the Bills got the call from Philly and pulled the trigger on Shady.

Reggie bush got 4 flat from Detroit after 2 seasons proving he could be a primary in Miami. Outside the standard nfl inflation I struggle to see how spiller tops that. Might just be a case of hardball gone bad thinking they had a few days to push without competition

Big surprise there- I had him pegged around 4m. We will see!

Yeah, I agree.

I like CJ and was hoping to see what he could do with a run game guru for an OC.

But given his production, 4.5 mil seems like a strong offer. CJ and his agent overplayed their hand.

It makes me feel better to know we offered him a fair contract and only pursued Shady when we were spurned.

I'm no expert in NFL finance but I don't think CJ will get much more than 4.5 on the open market. There are too many backs in free agency, too many good ones in the draft, and too many people like Chip Kelly who think 'backs are a dime a dozen' in this pass-happy league.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Given this scenario...would you rather have McCoy only, or Spiller + Kiko? If we were balking at an extra .5 mill, seems silly to me given the following event.

Given this scenario...would you rather have McCoy only, or Spiller + Kiko? If we were balking at an extra .5 mill, seems silly to me given the following event.

I like Spiller. I love Kiko. That is a good question and a hard one to answer. But McCoy is a star player, and I'm a firm believer in you cannot win anything in any sport without star players. Without Bradham and Brown, I would say Spiller and Kiko. But Bradham is almost as good as Kiko. He could be a pro bowler in a couple years in this defense. I'm not sure where Kiko plays (although Kiko is excellent in pass coverage). Bradham is better in some ways, not as good in others.

Of 4.5 mill/yr

Well...

Philly can certainly afford to pay him more...But will anyone? TBH I did not think he was worth more than about $3.5-$4 mil per year...