Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/updated-projected-cap-space-for-all-2015-nfl-teams-503/

Sportrac has us at a projected $17.7 m in cap space, post Cassel trade.

That's right.

Remember folks! The realistic goal this off-season is to end up with something "slightly more" than Orton.

Which ain't a hell of a lot.

At the very least, I hope whomever is starting next year plays to win, vs playing to protect themselves in retirement (which is selfish, I know).

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I'm fine with it--depending on what draft picks they gave up. I actually think I prefer Cassel to many of the other options that were/are available.

Hey, good to see you again, Dean. Looks like it only took a couple of jaw-dropping trades to bring you back!

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/updated-projected-cap-space-for-all-2015-nfl-teams-503/

Sportrac has us at a projected $17.7 m in cap space, post Cassel trade.

At the very least, I hope whomever is starting next year plays to win, vs playing to protect themselves in retirement (which is selfish, I know).

If I'm getting paid 5 mil, i'm diving for the first down

I don't think Cassel is "the answer" but looking at his resume, it's actually not *that* bad, including leading the Chiefs to an AFC West Division title and going to the Pro Bowl throwing 27 TDs to 7 INTs in 2010...I realize that was five years ago, but compared to what is available in FA only, and what the BILLS surrendered, it's a pretty solid move by Doug Whaley. I'm hoping there's still another QB to come that challenges Cassel and EJ even more, but for what can be done thus far, Whaley is doing it....wouldn't be shocked to see Mario Williams moved for Offensive help as well, given his Cap hit and what Rex does on Defense vs. what is really needed on Offense. Interesting days ahead...

how do we only have 12.8 mill I don't understand

We don't. It's 17.7 mil right now and after McCoy restructures to get more guaranteed money it will probably be around 20 mill. If my cap logic is correct anyways.

Also, other than Hughes, there really isn't anyone on the current roster that is going to get a cap hit of over 3.5 mill.

Edited by The Wiz

from the posted links

why couldn't they just say the team exchanged draft picks and Minny gets an additional?

The Vikings will receive two undisclosed draft selections, while the Bills will receive an undisclosed draft pick of their own as part of the deal

Lmao. After these past two days I am seriously considering giving up on 30 years of being a Bills fan. Maybe I will root for Philly. My gf likes them and they have the coach I wanted.

Adios. Enjoy your Pac-12 title.

Don't understand this move. He would have been a salary dump and could have picked him up for cheap. Now they inherited a $5 salary for, at best, a backup.

at best a backup? you think there are worse scenarios than this, and that they're more likely? okay.

I am ok with this..... I think he is better that some of the alternatives he has at least had 2 years in his career of being a slightly above league average Quarterback. I also thought he played pretty well the season before last when he eventually beat out Ponder for the job. The last year in Kansas City when things fell apart for him in a bad team is the worry but if he plays at his career average form aside from that year he is maybe a slight upgrade on Orton.... but there isn't much in it.

Let me boil down the consensus response for you:

Upon first hearing news- "Horrible. WTF are they thinking?"

60 minutes later, "I'm starting to come around on this."

3 hours later, "I really like this move. Not a stud QB, but we weren't going to get one this year anyway. Now we can go into FA and address the OL. Go Bills, in Whaley we trust!" :)

Lmao. After these past two days I am seriously considering giving up on 30 years of being a Bills fan. Maybe I will root for Philly. My gf likes them and they have the coach I wanted.

This is what's known as addition by subtraction. Our fanbase just got a little stronger, if this were to happen, which it won't.