Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

I think that would be a violation in the eyes of the NFL -- won't be able to say Bills until trade is approved and announced.

The subtle difference in his Instagram is that he doesn't say anything about who he plays for...even in the Vine video last night he just says "BillsMafia" and laughs...

oops, that's right

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would be a violation in the eyes of the NFL -- won't be able to say Bills until trade is approved and announced.

The subtle difference in his Instagram is that he doesn't say anything about who he plays for...even in the Vine video last night he just says "BillsMafia" and laughs...

The NFL official Twit account is Tweeting these very same "signings" at the same time that they complaining about teams doing it!!!

Britt McHenry ‏@BrittMcHenry 5m5 minutes ago

Coach in NFC East on Chip Kelly: "Can't handle strong personalities in the locker room." Like many, was shocked about McCoy trade. #eagles

Chip Kelly, IMO, thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. He believes that "his" offense can and will win with mediocre talent. He also knows that if he fails he has pretty much any college gig waiting for him.

Chip Kelly, IMO, thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. He believes that "his" offense can and will win with mediocre talent. He also knows that if he fails he has pretty much any college gig waiting for him.

To be fair, he likely is often the smartest man in the room where he is most of the time. Unfortunately for him, there are a lot of rooms with a lot of smart people across the NFL who are smart in different ways.

Whaley wasn't brilliant giving Shady a deal with lower $/year, but more overall and more guaranteed. He just saw a good player and made a reasonable option.

Demarco Murray will probably end up in Philly now. They get Murray plus Kiko for cheaper than McCoy. I'm jealous

Dude. The Eagles bandwagon is right there for you...feel free to hop on. I'm sure they have a message board.

There's plenty of room there. All the Eagles fans I know are off the bandwagon and are currently standing over the Ben Franklin bridge.

if they end up with Murray they are going to need to pay a lot of money as he had suitors like Oakland and Jax with money to burn. He's also a year older than shady.

There's plenty of room there. All the Eagles fans I know are off the bandwagon and are currently standing over the Ben Franklin bridge.

I was listening to morning talk show on the way to work. Hilarious...they want to kill Kelly

if they end up with Murray they are going to need to pay a lot of money as he had suitors like Oakland and Jax with money to burn. He's also a year older than shady.

To his credit Murray is better than Shady at going North-South. But I agree with you that every bad thing that's supposedly wrong with the Shady trade is even more so with Murray: He's a year older, coming off a year when Dallas rode him half to death, has a worse injury history and will likely have competition to sign when Shady had GONE ON RECORD that he'd be willing to take a pay cut for the Eagles. Not just a restructure a cut.

As someone mentioned in another thread it looks like Chip the GM is killing Chip the genius HC.

Or ouchie Ryan Matthews. Oof.

@RapSheet: Or that RT @MikeGarafolo: Actually, more than a visit for RB Ryan Mathews with he Eagles. Hes expected to sign with the team, source says.

at least they're acquiring players with no injury history

at least they're acquiring players with no injury history

Not including Matthews who missed a bunch of games last year

@Jeff_McLane: Of #Eagles' 4 major acquisitions, none played full 2014. Bradford/Alonso missed entire season. Thurmond played in only 2 games. Maxwell 13.

One of the great Alcoa Fantastic Finishes of all time.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/4535-who-remembers-this-game/

If Alcoa had any sense they would bring Fantastic Finishes back - one of the greatest most iconic sports advertising/sponsorships of all time

Edited by stevewin

Chip Kelly upset about perceived Bills leak of LeSean McCoy trade

ruh roh!!!

too funny

At a news conference Wednesday, Eagles coach Chip Kelly was upset about how the Bills handled the aftermath of the trade:

kelly says the Bills leaked the McCoy trade before he could call McCoy. This is the greatest press conference.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Chip Kelly upset about perceived Bills leak of LeSean McCoy trade

ruh roh!!!

too funny

At a news conference Wednesday, Eagles coach Chip Kelly was upset about how the Bills handled the aftermath of the trade:

kelly says the Bills leaked the McCoy trade before he could call McCoy. This is the greatest press conference.

very entertaining press conference. Also, It seemed Kiko's agent leaked it. Schefter reported it first and said "Alonso has been notified he is being traded" or something to that effect Edited by YoloinOhio

And when that's full - and by all accounts it soon should be, there's more room for the jumpers on the Walt Whitman Bridge. :lol:

They were screaming about this on the radio.....fun drive to work this morning. Complete meltdown in Philly.

Could not happen to a better fan base. Well, maybe the Pats*... if on the day Marcia retires BB comes out as a cross-dresser and admits he cheated every day on the job, and Kraft has compromising videos of him and farm animals leaked on Vimeo.

Figured this was a good thread to make my first post.

I liked this trade for McCoy from the second a friend texted me the news. I only read the first 17 pages of this thread, so maybe this has been discussed: I think the success of Kiko (and to an extent Bradham) is a product of the D-line. It's easy to rack up tackles when you are clean because Marcell and Kyle are playing in front of you. For instance, Ray Lewis' effectiveness was extended by having Ngata soaking up blocks in front of him. Kiko was undersized to play in the middle and his contributions were going to be made by speed and agility . . . but he tore his ACL . . . again. This trade could end up being very heavily one-sided for the Bills, because we know what Shady can do. We traded Kiko to the one person - Chip Kelly - who may overvalue Kiko more than the collective TBD. I say well done Whaley.

Another take: wasn't Kiko the extra pick the Bills swiped from the Rams when they traded up to pick Tavon Austin? So Whaley got EJ Manuel and Shady McCoy with that pick? Again, I say well done Whaley.

Go Bills!