Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

I hope he just retires. At this point, he doesn't have a real shot at another super bowl. Are his individual records really that important to him?

No, he loves the game. Doesn't need the money, or more trophies. He loves to compete and play football. He has the rest of his life to golf and goof off, the dude can still chuck it.

He had more yards, better completion percentage and better qb rating than Brady this year. How in the world does that mean he should retire?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe anyone would say no to this after watching Orton and EJ the last few years.

Peyton Manning gets us in the playoffs. No doubt in my mind.

This would be like getting a smarter fitz with a better arm.... even with his declining arm strength

Im not against it at all.....I just dont think Manning would come here

How would Payton have done with the patriots Defence is the ?. All Payton has to do is score 28 points a game, and we have home field advantage with our D. And of the other teams mentioned, the Bills have the best wr's.if we landed Payton they would be way more willing to spend $ on another guard (Ipioti). and maybe J Thomas also. I would be down for them to work the cap so we could make a Super Bowl run.

A question I have is...would that kind of offense keep him interested enough to play another year?

He doesn't need the money and his legacy could only take a hit if he's not putting up big numbers. I think it's a real long shot to think he'd want to end a HOF career in the second smallest media market...

I beg to differ, Let's say Peyton becomes available he's looking for a perfect fit to end his career. He sees Buffalo thinks hey this team has one hell of a D, great Special teams and some fine young pieces on offense. Peyton tells his agent set me up an interview with Mr Pegula and the Bills hierarchy. During interview Pegs tells Peyton we'll get u Ap fix the line and add your buddy JT no problem. Peyton starts to think about beating Brady, Belicheck and bringing a Superbowl to Buffalo. Now What does that do for Peyton legacy? Winning a Superbowl in Buffalo might just propel Peyton back into the goat discussion.

I like Payton, but no way do I want him in Buffalo. He would never get us to the Super Bowl......he might get us to the playoffs but that is it. NO WAY.

How can u just say that, If we get in the playoffs healthy and on a roll anything is possible. Especially when u have a great D and hopefully a power running gm to go with Peyton leading the offense with his mind and arm. Even if Peyton is 75% of what he was this yr that still might be the best chance we got to win it all.

No thanks. I think Manning has reached the end of the road as a player.

GO BILLS!!!

I do too. However, if he was cut he would still be in huge demand and therefore it would be a bidding war for his services. Re-sign Jerry Hughes and D'Norris Searcy, extend Dareus and then see what is left in the pot. Throwing a huge chunk of our cash at a guy who looked done the final weeks of the season is not wise in my opinion. If he turned up and wanted to play for $5million on a 1 year deal then of course.... but I am not paying him like I thikn he will want to be paid.

I do too. However, if he was cut he would still be in huge demand and therefore it would be a bidding war for his services. Re-sign Jerry Hughes and D'Norris Searcy, extend Dareus and then see what is left in the pot. Throwing a huge chunk of our cash at a guy who looked done the final weeks of the season is not wise in my opinion. If he turned up and wanted to play for $5million on a 1 year deal then of course.... but I am not paying him like I thikn he will want to be paid.

Obviously Peyton won't be signing a long term deal . I think he signs a 1-2 yr deal at the most and he's definitely not gonna sign anywhere without being 100% healthy. I think if he goes anywhere it's not gonna be just for the money. Peyton will probably sign for bout 15 mil per so he can still give his team cap space to add more talent.

Wouldn't it be great if he signed for the minimum and told Pegs get me some help

The Jets?!? Their weapons are terrible!!! So are the Rams but they have a nice defense. The Bills have way better playmakers than either of those teams. Houston is a step up though with Andre, Hopkins and Foster.

Brick & Nick are clearly better than Glenn and Wood and those are the only 2 non-question marks on our line. I don't see how our skill guys are clearly better than Decker/Harvin/Amaro/Ivory.

Glad the rest of America still thinks it's cold here. It's been 60 for pretty much the last month and was 70 this past weekend. Yes there are warmer places and yes it snows from time to time but it's always sunny and it always melts right away. The lack of humidity makes 85 very comfortable in the summer and 30 very tolerable in the winter. It really is the most ideal climate in the country.

I got to agree with this statement. I have never been to Denver but I used to work with a lady that lived her whole life in Denver. She would always tell me how great the weather was there & how much sun they get. She used to tell me Denver gets a bad rap because every so often they get an early snow storm in the fall or a late snowstorm in April but it always melts the next day. If you look it up on the weather almanac Denver actually gets more sun then Florida. My friend lived in Colorado Springs for 7 years & he siad the weather was awesome. He said the summers there were unbelievable. Said it would be mid 80's & sunny pretty much every day except for a brief shower around 4 in the afternoon that would last about 10 minutes.

Article sounds like a "journalist" trying to generate some attention. Broncos are in win-now mode, which clearly means getting manning back. Kubiak didn't go there to coach a backup.

I am not sure they are in win now mode anymore. They have something like 21 unsigned free agents from last year's team. This team has the makings of once good team in serious decline.

Nfc west wouldn't be where I went.

And reunited with decker? Really?

Fair enough on Decker. My point is the Jets aren't exactly the wasteland of talent we'd like to believe and they've got a mountain of cap space to throw on a 1-2 year contender.

I think the NFC West fell off a bit. 49ers have a new coach, big questions with Kaep and a bunch of FAs. Cardinals have Palmer coming off a big injury and lose Bowles as their DC. Rams could draft one of the top receivers and going from Austin Davis/Shaun Hill to Peyton could make Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt & Jared Cook look a lot better real quick.

I want to end my career in a town that has had no championships, no playoffs in 15 years, sub par o-line, an atrocious winter season where playing in snow is almost a definite every year , just so i can reach my own goals and records... Even if we shelled out a ton of money i think he would rather retire if there were no other teams interested.

How many games in the last 10 years have the Bills had a home snow game? I think it has been 2.

Obviously Peyton won't be signing a long term deal . I think he signs a 1-2 yr deal at the most and he's definitely not gonna sign anywhere without being 100% healthy. I think if he goes anywhere it's not gonna be just for the money. Peyton will probably sign for bout 15 mil per so he can still give his team cap space to add more talent.

Wouldn't it be great if he signed for the minimum and told Pegs get me some help

All I was saying was that him signing for the minimum (or a signficiant discount) and saying "get me some offensive help and let me ride this D to another ring" is the only circumstance in which I would consider it. I just think it is gone. He might make me look a complete fool come September because he is just that good. But I watched every Denver game down the stretch.... it looked over to me.

I can't say whether we would or would not get to the Super Bowl with Peyton. I can say that it would be a significant upgrade for 1-2 years and allow us get a more permanent solution. I'd love to see just how well out WR corp would do. Personally I think we have excellent talent there and we'd really open the leagues eyes with Peyton getting them the ball. Also Peyton has a way of improving the OL play, if we can get him we'd be crazy not to.

If Peyton goes to a new team it's because he plans on playing more than 1 year and wants a 2-3 year window. I do think we'd line up well with what he wants to accomplish, it's just that I don't see us being Peyton's top choice. We weren't Rex's top choice.

Peyton should be our top target.

Brick & Nick are clearly better than Glenn and Wood and those are the only 2 non-question marks on our line. I don't see how our skill guys are clearly better than Decker/Harvin/Amaro/Ivory.

they may not keep Harvin and he doesn't seem like Peyton's type wrt his attitude. I don't see him going to a 4-12 northern team with a rookie HC, in the same market as his brother.

I don't see him coming to bflo either but you never know.

Harvin is a free agent, Decker is no better than Woods, Ivory is at best on par with our backs (I like Ivory) and Amaro is an upgrade. They have no explosiveness which is why their coach AND GM were let go. Their stats are a little skewed (especially Decker) because they always played from behind and he finished with a 221 yard game. Their OL is pretty good but won't be that much different from the Bills this season.

You wouldn't find a person in the NFL that would trade the Bills offensive pieces for the Jets offensive pieces. In addition the Bills are coming off of a 9 win season and the Jets 4. If Manning was looking at either team he'd clearly pick the Bills. I still think that Houston is the front runner though and St. Louis / Buffalo next.