All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

Opposing defenses have deliberately (JJ Watt/Terrell Suggs/etc...) knocked EJ Manuel around to get him off his game. Alarmingly, no one on the OL retaliates.

The Bills play Houston at home this year. What do you think the crowd does if Incognito drops the gloves and decks Watt before the Bills first offensive play? They go wild. Rex's press conference comments? "Well, we have really been pleased with how aggressively Richie has fired off the ball. It's the coaching staff's fault there...he is still new and I think he got confused about the snap count. Nothing we can't coach up."

Do you think Watt (or anyone else) goes after EJ after that? Something tells me our hockey lover owner is going to love "on the field" Richie.

You presume EJ will be the starter on opening day. Good luck with that.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also presumes that Idiotnito will not quickly be ejected from the game when he decks someone before the opening snap of the ball.

Silly comment all the way around, really.

This is the sort of move the pre-Pegula Bills would never make -- one that would cast (real or perceived) doubt on the integrity of the franchise. But make no mistake, it is a move intended solely to improve the football team -- and that's the sort of decisions they should be making.

Anyone who believes Incognito will be given any leeway in that locker room is kidding himself. He's been humbled and knows this is his last chance.

This move only has upside, and the only naysayers are the politically correct primadonnas in the local media.

Improve the team. That's exactly all that matters. Great post.

Regardless of what you or I may think of him as a person, he is an immediate and significant upgrade at the guard position.

I'm confident we have enough leadership in that locker room to deal with any issues that might arise and nip them in the bud

It also presumes that Idiotnito will not quickly be ejected from the game when he decks someone before the opening snap of the ball.

It is a silly post, but I think you're both missing the point. When Rex stated that he wanted to "build a bully," he's stating that defensive lines are going to be a little more cautious in attacking our QB (whomever that may be), if they know that they may get hurt in the process. That's my take, anyway. I think the RI signing supports this line of reasoning.

Edited by Rocky Landing

bring in a lineman, who is know for getting penalized at the wrong time, to a team which has struggled on offence, what a brilliant decision, if your looking for less point production per game, fans think Bills have to many dumb drive stopping flags now, just wait and see how that stat goes through the roof, I wonder what the over-under is on how many flags RI draws per game

bring in a lineman, who is know for getting penalized at the wrong time, to a team which has struggled on offence, what a brilliant decision, if your looking for less point production per game, fans think Bills have to many dumb drive stopping flags now, just wait and see how that stat goes through the roof, I wonder what the over-under is on how many flags RI draws per game

Damn right. There's got to be a lineman out there known for getting penalized at the right time.

But if it HAD to happen, one L. Blount comes to mind. Karma baby!

I am all for this. This is the classic "give a player a last chance" scenario...and one that is better than any guard currently on the roster. Could the Bills use some goons on Oline? YES Does he fit the bill? (npi) YES

And Consider This Locker Room Culture: The Oline is the Dline's beeatch...and you have the current state of the Bills.

Richie is not the kind of guy that is going to let the all-pro Dline beat up on the Oline in practice...he does not care who is lining up against him...he is going to fight and not waver. Thus this sorry ass Oline just got better.

The FACT is Ritchie is a Role Model if you want bullies, and just what our pansies on Oline need.

And BTW - He never had any issues here...so do your homework before posting kids.

'nuff said.

Yes, This is what I wanted to say. I am with you 100%

I like it. He's paid his dues and deserves a 2nd chance, and fills a huge need for the Bills. Think he might be a bit motivated when we play the Dolphins?

BTW, the OP sure put some big mouths here in their place. Hopefully, said people learned their lesson and will be a little more open minded to insider information moving forward.

This was the funniest episode--easily--since I joined this board.

Opposing defenses have deliberately (JJ Watt/Terrell Suggs/etc...) knocked EJ Manuel around to get him off his game. Alarmingly, no one on the OL retaliates.

The Bills play Houston at home this year. What do you think the crowd does if Incognito drops the gloves and decks Watt before the Bills first offensive play? They go wild. Rex's press conference comments? "Well, we have really been pleased with how aggressively Richie has fired off the ball. It's the coaching staff's fault there...he is still new and I think he got confused about the snap count. Nothing we can't coach up."

Do you think Watt (or anyone else) goes after EJ after that? Something tells me our hockey lover owner is going to love "on the field" Richie.

Sounds good to me, I love my hockey too. He might do for the offense what Spikes did for the defense. Running the ball takes an attitude, you can't run the ball if you are afraid that somebody that some one is going to hit you. Which is also why we should dump Spiller.

Having seen that video upthread with the guy going insane in a pool hall, it is quite obvious he is an alcoholic, drug addict, or both.

I hope he's cleaned up and sober now.

He will have nowhere to hide in a place like Buffalo.

We'll all know, really fast, if he is back to his old fun antics.

:wallbash::doh:

What do you mean going insane? He was just having a little fun. Reminds me of myself in my younger days.

Because making a grown man cry and run home is the worse offense ever!

If he cries and runs home, he is neither grown or a man.

the perception among his supporters seems to be that he'll bring a ferocity to the O line, and i believe their entitled to that opinion because it must also be the opinion of our new offensive coaches.

the thing that concerns me is that coaches look the other way if a player is productive and makes them look good. as a fan of this team for longer than these coaches were alive, i think my many years of disappointment in my teams wins and losses, has bought me enough pity points that i might spend voicing my displeasure with signing Incognito.

he is not tough. tough guys don't demean and abuse women.

I think its interesting that people assume that this guy has not learned from his mistakes and is likely to repeat old mistakes. He certainly has a history of being a hot head ashole, but people change and mature, well most people. Do you same people think this guy is unaware that this might be his last chance before he moves on to his next career as a strip club bouncer? lets see if rex can help him and lets be happy the FO is being aggressive and bold. its fun and entertaining and isn't that what its about?