All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

What would you say if I told you rex was gonna bring in the ultimate bully... Incognito?

i'd say you made the list...

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#18 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- RalphOP83

#4- metzelaars_lives

#5- kelly blue book

#6- farmers almanac

#7- nostradamus

#8- TMZ

#9- punxsutawney phil

#10- weatherman

#11- economist

#12- ESPN Insiders

#13- psychic

#14- momma pecoraro

#15- Thurman Thomas

#16- Mayans

#17- Skooby and sources deep within

#18- Bleacher Report

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say you made the list...RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#18 is worst)#1- nevergiveup#2- BuffaloATL#3- RalphOP83#4- metzelaars_lives#5- kelly blue book#6- farmers almanac#7- nostradamus#8- TMZ#9- punxsutawney phil#10- weatherman#11- economist#12- ESPN Insiders#13- psychic#14- momma pecoraro#15- Thurman Thomas#16- Mayans#17- Skooby and sources deep within#18- Bleacher Report

You left leroi off.

i'd say you made the list...

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#18 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- RalphOP83

#4- metzelaars_lives

#5- kelly blue book

#6- farmers almanac

#7- nostradamus

#8- TMZ

#9- punxsutawney phil

#10- weatherman

#11- economist

#12- ESPN Insiders

#13- psychic

#14- momma pecoraro

#15- Thurman Thomas

#16- Mayans

#17- Skooby and sources deep within

#18- Bleacher Report

No Leroi yet?

First: Major props to the OP for calling this. It's hilarious to read, with the benefit of hindsight, all the "guarantees" that it would never happen. The doubters (me included) showed a lot of naivete that "Our Kind of Bill" player would stay the same. That paradigm, at least with this signing, has changed.

Second: "He can't play". He was in the Pro Bowl the year before BullyGate. Last time a guard from this team was there? 2003, folks. My teenaged boys never saw him play. He has talent and is an upgrade.

Third: "Build a Bully" sounded great in the presser. I never thought it meant bringing in actual dirty players. (and Incog was one, to be sure) I hope he is coming in on merit, not just as a poster boy. Because if that poster boy represents "our tream reflecing our community", that's just a bad look for Buffalo on the national media stage.

Is it a little too much to ask for some kind of scale between murderer, rapist, sexual assaulter, and choirboy?

And I think given that people want OJ off the wall, it's not insane to posit that they kind of want to like (at least not loathe) the people who put on the red, white and blue.

And, well, what has Richie done to show he can be part of building a winner? He's personally lost games. And winning teams that are desperate have passed on him. Some posters act like we would've won the division if only we had some more convictions around the locker room.

I don't think he let's the players run the show. His teams reflect his personality. His record was what it was later in NY because like any coach, talent is needed.

But in terms of being a strong coach I'm saying Incognito will respect and respond to what Rex says.

Disagree. Many of the problems in NJ (not talent related) were the result of undisciplined play & players saying the wrong things to the media. Rex is called a "players coach" because guys love to play for him. Guys love to play for him, in large part, because he lets them do whatever the hell they want. I hope that he has learned and holds players accountable going forward.

Fix that and game management and we just may have something here.

First: Major props to the OP for calling this. It's hilarious to read, with the benefit of hindsight, all the "guarantees" that it would never happen. The doubters (me included) showed a lot of naivete that "Our Kind of Bill" player would stay the same. That paradigm, at least with this signing, has changed.

Second: "He can't play". He was in the Pro Bowl the year before BullyGate. Last time a guard from this team was there? 2003, folks. My teenaged boys never saw him play. He has talent and is an upgrade.

Third: "Build a Bully" sounded great in the presser. I never thought it meant bringing in actual dirty players. (and Incog was one, to be sure) I hope he is coming in on merit, not just as a poster boy. Because if that poster boy represents "our tream reflecing our community", that's just a bad look for Buffalo on the national media stage.

thats a fair assessment. He's an upgrade at a position of need - desperation - and he will have a chance to make the team but it doesn't mean he is guaranteed anything. I do think some team would have signed him to bring into camp since he was close to signing with a few teams during the season. I do think they will bring in a FA guard as well, this is something they could do now because he was available. Knowing this us his last chance to earn an nfl paycheck and that he did go to treatment between his time in Miami and now, we can hope that he has improved in his ways. If he takes stupid penalties and is a problem in the locker room they can cut him and move on. Edited by YoloinOhio

I wish this were true (in the sense that you're hinting at). My biggest reservation with Ryan's hiring is he has let the inmates run the asylum & that didn't work in NJ and it won't work in Buffalo either. Hope he learned something and has changed his methods.

this is absurd

I think part of the problem was he thought he could handle a ton of them.... Sometimes a guy like this is a good option. A shot at talent that's a little higher than the price tag. With a cap, value like that is important to find an edge (could be injury questions, age, hitting on draft picks, or a shaky character guy).... Ryan loved collecting those types in ny, and I think when adding them to a decent established locker room he got away with it a few years. And then those guys became the core instead of the fringe and we see big contracts without returns, lack of leadership, and general disfunction.

It's part of what you have to wonder about with rex.

I think part of the problem was he thought he could handle a ton of them.... Sometimes a guy like this is a good option. A shot at talent that's a little higher than the price tag. With a cap, value like that is important to find an edge (could be injury questions, age, hitting on draft picks, or a shaky character guy).... Ryan loved collecting those types in ny, and I think when adding them to a decent established locker room he got away with it a few years. And then those guys became the core instead of the fringe and we see big contracts without returns, lack of leadership, and general disfunction.

It's part of what you have to wonder about with rex.

Like you (I think), I'm all for a talent (& attitude) infusion. Fix the o-line, get mid-level qb play, get another RB so that you can control the ball (all 3 of these are intertwined, aren't they?) & that's all this team needs. The rest is window dressing. Fix these things and good things will happen.

I was livid yesterday

but I'll suck it up and give it a shot. Hoping he doesn't embarrass us.

If we have any shot at a decent FA QB or a trade we're gonna have to show an major investment into the OL

Edited by ddaryl

No Leroi yet?

You left leroi off.

fixed

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#19 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- Leroi (rex)

#4- RalphOP83 (richie)

#5- metzelaars_lives

#6- kelly blue book

#7- farmers almanac

#8- nostradamus

#9- TMZ

#10- punxsutawney phil

#11- weatherman

#12- economist

#13- ESPN Insiders

#14- psychic

#15- momma pecoraro

#16- Thurman Thomas

#17- Mayans

#18- Skooby and sources deep within

#19- Bleacher Report

Edited by papazoid

Channing Crowder on Richie. I personally love this pickup. Low risk, high reward. I would not be surprised if he did not have a behavior clause in his contract similar to what Parcells made him sign.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

Can't disagree here.

Living in Jets country this is dead on about Rex. Lack of discipline and accountability from Rex the last couple years and almost a sense that Rex had no idea what the hell was going on at times in the locker room.

I still like the hire. He is a great defensive coach I just hope he's learned to be more of a head coach rather then just focusing on the defensive side of the ball.

Most people are ecstatic about the Rex hire. I have my doubts over his hiring. For me his selection was perplexing. As you and Beerball point out his teams in Jersey were undisciplined and had damaging internal conflicts. The lack of team maturity was on display when the team faced adversity. Rex's colorful personality got him a lot of media attention. What it didn't do so much is help him gain control of a locker room that had a lot ofsniping personalities.

It is widely acknowledged that Rex is an innovative defensive coach. The other side of the coin is that his offenses were very limited. Is that what this team needed most? We already had an upper tier defense coached by a good DC who left when Nix Ryan arrived.

There is no doubt that Rex has a much more engaging and lively personality than the dour Marrone. But the reaility is that Marrone had a better record than Eex over the past couple of years and he outperformed the more entertaining HC when they went head to head. Both HCs had flawed teams. By any measure Marrone got better results working around his crippling offensive limitations than Rex did with his offensive limitations.

There is no doubt that the new head coach is more in sync with the front office than the departed HC. Because of that fact he is better suited for this franchise. But as far as I'm concerned the much reviled Marrone did more with less than the more likeable new HC when he was with his Jersey team.

Edited by JohnC