All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

valid points John C, but no way no how is the new what's his name HC in the same class as Levy, and when I say class, Levy had it and it showed, the other, never had it and never will, the apple doesn't fall from the tree and his family is as class-less as it comes

Marv has class, he was also a player's coach. He too left his players to their own devices far too much. That led to some wonderful, but, less than the ultimate prize, seasons.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv in retrospect, or did you have the former special team coordinator on your A-list from the get go?

Former two time Grey Cup winner. He was fired after the strike-shortened '82 season.

Yeah, I was pretty high on his hire when it happened. As I said, he was definitely an A-list when he left.

Former two time Grey Cup winner. He was fired after the strike-shortened '82 season.

Yeah, I was pretty high on his hire when it happened. As I said, he was definitely an A-list when he left.

Agree with when he left. Not ashamed to say I was WTF on his hiring.

After the string of Ringo, (Knox), Kay Stephenson, and Hank Bullough I though Levy was a very good hire at the time.

Fred Bruney, Rod Dowhower, Jerry Glanville, Wade Phillips, and Darryl Rogers all got their first HC gigs in '85. Though Bruney coached only the last game that year when the Iggles HC was fired. He was replaced in '86 by Rex's dad. Wade too stepped in to take over for Bum for a few games. There wasn't a lot of HC talent floating around at that time... is there ever?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_head_coaches

I love when people make asses of themselves on a forum and there's no way to remove their assifying comments

Now just damn minute

Do you have any idea how many posters come on here and post bogus crap never to be heard from again?

WHen the poster was proved credible then there were a lot of us (including me) who were the first up to apologize....but come on man.....word had it that Richie was black balled by the league.....had the talking heads on TV talking about it on the radio and tv a lot.

So lets not act like people didnt have the right not to be believe at first here

Now just damn minute

Do you have any idea how many posters come on here and post bogus crap never to be heard from again?

WHen the poster was proved credible then there were a lot of us (including me) who were the first up to apologize....but come on man.....word had it that Richie was black balled by the league.....had the talking heads on TV talking about it on the radio and tv a lot.

So lets not act like people didnt have the right not to be believe at first here

People were rude. It seems that people think that's ok because well, because. So you apologized and now everything is sunny & warm.

Next time the same will happen.

My doubts (since I biffed the hardest in this thread, again, :beer: to the OP) .

I bet if you buy RalphOP83 a beer it would have to be in the Big Tree Inn! I never post any inside info that I have. Everyone knows who I am not just a name on the Internet. Any inside info I have I always say in private, face to face. I know who RalphOP83 is and his word is good.

I bet if you buy RalphOP83 a beer it would have to be in the Big Tree Inn! I never post any inside info that I have. Everyone knows who I am not just a name on the Internet. Any inside info I have I always say in private, face to face. I know who RalphOP83 is and his word is good.

Next time I'm there, I absolutely will. I tip my hat to Ralph and -- based on the other thread -- I apologize sincerely if my comments offended him. :beer:

Next time I'm there, I absolutely will. I tip my hat to Ralph and -- based on the other thread -- I apologize sincerely if my comments offended him. :beer:

If you can't connect with Ralph for a drink I can help you connect with him or drink his beer and tell him about it! See you at the opener

I keep reading that the Incognito signing is Ryan's deal. Isn't the roster Whaley's responsibility?

they work together but Whaley has final say. Very common for a head coach to have input, that said, if Whaley did not want the player on the team he would say no. Since reportedly the Bills have wanted him for "awhile" it leads me to believe that pre-dates Rex and he just drove it fwd. it's possible Marrone was pushing the other way, but don't know the timeline.

Wrt Rex being a key player in the signing, it is interesting that he played RI twice/yr and pretty familiar with how good he is, being a defensive guy.

they work together but Whaley has final say. Very common for a head coach to have input, that said, if Whaley did not want the player on the team he would say no. Since reportedly the Bills have wanted him for "awhile" it leads me to believe that pre-dates Rex and he just drove it fwd. it's possible Marrone was pushing the other way, but don't know the timeline.

Wrt Rex being a key player in the signing, it is interesting that he played RI twice/yr and pretty familiar with how good he is, being a defensive guy.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I do not care who made the call if he can help.

Me neither, don't get me wrong I find Incognito's behavior reprehensible, but he is not being hired to teach first grade.

I do not care who made the call if he can help.

I think we can consider this a flyer?

Let hope Bills FO ala Whaley are not done yet

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Me neither, don't get me wrong I find Incognito's behavior reprehensible, but he is not being hired to teach first grade.

Please dont discount what a head case this guy is though.

He MIGHT make the team? Before he got cut for some sophomoric texts messages, he was in the pro bowl! Our line is current Eric Wood and 4 giant amoebas wearing a football uniform. Huge upgrade.

so you have not studied his full body of work i take it?

i am hoping he can be reigned in. and more than that i hope he tears it up on the field. but the guy is f'd up a little. or alot. depending on how f'd up you are i are