All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowherd weighing in - said he believes in guys getting multiple chances because he has served a very long punishment. He doesn't like him, he makes mistakes, but why shouldn't he be allowed back in nfl. Doesn't like Rex though because he set it up poorly (build a bully). I don't think that was intentional regarding RI but it does sound bad.

Schlereth on now - says he has no issue with it either. Good player, redemption, all players are morons, he went over the line. He says the bully line by Rex doesn't bother him because it's just football vernacular. Common in the locker room, understood that word is used in the nfl. The "bully" word doesn't sit well with some people but really just refers to a physical, intimidating style of football.

I was listening to some host on Sirius XM going off about the Bills signing RI. He said Rex was a terrible hire and this move by the Bills is disgraceful. Then right on que he goes to a longtime caller... big Bills fans- who disavows his allegiance to the Buffalo Bills over this signing.

Such a joke. We root for Laundry people! Red, White & Blue laundry! I just want my team to win. The guy didn't murder, rape or beat any women & children as far as we know... Is this really that big a deal?!? Sheesh,

Terry's getting the hang of this ownership thing.

Incognito should come out and play the football of his life now. If he doesn't, that's on him and no one else.

Ditto for his ongoing "reform" and counseling. If this guy is anything less than a model citizen and teammate, that's also on him.

The problem is that the fix he needs can only come from within, and with guys like this, that's usually the last place you're going to find it.

We'll see.

Incognito should come out and play the football of his life now. If he doesn't, that's on him and no one else.

Ditto for his ongoing "reform" and counseling. If this guy is anything less than a model citizen and teammate, that's also on him.

The problem is that the fix he needs can only come from within, and with guys like this, that's usually the last place you're going to find it.

We'll see.

Unless they're playing for a coach they respect / love. Which Rex most assuredly is. You're right, but I don't worry about RI in that way. My concerns with him have to do with his time away from the game and his age. But even with those doubts, he's a huge upgrade over Mr. Pears.

Pegs - " I personally met with Richie, along with Doug Whaley, Rex Ryan and Kim regarding an opportunity to earn a spot on the Buffalo Bills roster, Pegula said. Obviously, we all discussed Richies past experience in the NCAA and NFL. We are convinced that Richie is prepared to move forward and has and will continue to take the necessary steps to improve himself as a person and a teammate. Following discussion with the rest of the coaching staff, we as an organization will provide him with the opportunity to do so."

I couldn't get joe b's link to work as posted above but PFT posted it

Edited by YoloinOhio

Pegs - " I personally met with Richie, along with Doug Whaley, Rex Ryan and Kim regarding an opportunity to earn a spot on the Buffalo Bills roster, Pegula said. Obviously, we all discussed Richies past experience in the NCAA and NFL. We are convinced that Richie is prepared to move forward and has and will continue to take the necessary steps to improve himself as a person and a teammate. Following discussion with the rest of the coaching staff, we as an organization will provide him with the opportunity to do so."

I couldn't get joe b's link to work as posted above but PFT posted it

Love it!

Whaley and Rex must love feeling supported and backed rather than undermined.

Also great to see was no mention of Russ at the meeting.

Everyone seems like they are in the right place for this team to succeed.

One guess...

espnw_u_incognito1_sy_576.jpg

I see your point...but there are a lot of big dudes who are nimble on their feet and can pull. I suppose a "power running game" means he is a road grader...but Roman may have him pull on counters, traps, etc. I wasn't sure if he is known for that though.

I see your point...but there are a lot of big dudes who are nimble on their feet and can pull. I suppose a "power running game" means he is a road grader...but Roman may have him pull on counters, traps, etc. I wasn't sure if he is known for that though.

He is fast enough to pull... If he makes the team that is.

I was listening to some host on Sirius XM going off about the Bills signing RI. He said Rex was a terrible hire and this move by the Bills is disgraceful. Then right on que he goes to a longtime caller... big Bills fans- who disavows his allegiance to the Buffalo Bills over this signing.

Such a joke. We root for Laundry people! Red, White & Blue laundry! I just want my team to win. The guy didn't murder, rape or beat any women & children as far as we know... Is this really that big a deal?!? Sheesh,

Let me guess...Adam Schein?

Unless the NFL is going to ban all teams from signing guys like this, why shouldn't the Bills snag a few dirtbags on the cheap? New England does it and gets praised for it.

Agreed. Who says this guy even makes the Week 1 roster. He's been out of Football for over a season and a half. So you really won't know what you got until pre-season.

Agreed. Who says this guy even makes the Week 1 roster. He's been out of Football for over a season and a half. So you really won't know what you got until pre-season.

I don't know if he will make the roster but if he doesn't I don't think it will be because he missed 24 games. He didn't forget how to play guard - he's been in the league over 10 years. It's like a guy who tore an ACL and is out an extended period. He will have OTAs and a full TC to ensure he's ready to go. I think he will make it unless he screws up in a way that mirrors his past transgressions. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know if he will make the roster but if he doesn't I don't think it will be because he missed 24 games. He didn't forget how to play guard - he's been in the league over 10 years. It's like a guy who tore an ACL and is out an extended period. He will have OTAs and a full TC to ensure he's ready to go. I think he will make it unless he screws up in a way that mirrors his past transgressions.

A little different than an ACL in that it was two years and he will be one of the older lineman in the league

He hates him some Buffalo Bills, doesn't he?

He's wildly inconsistent, except that he'll stump for whoever comes on his show or has a Syracuse connection. His over-the-top, contrived "broadcast voice" is ridiculously irritating. He's a poor man's Howard Cosell, without the intelligence or insight.

Unless they're playing for a coach they respect / love. Which Rex most assuredly is. You're right, but I don't worry about RI in that way. My concerns with him have to do with his time away from the game and his age. But even with those doubts, he's a huge upgrade over Mr. Pears.

If Rex is so beloved and respected by his players then why did they quit on him lsst year? His undisciplined locker room was full of discontented players who were often publicly sniping at the staff and other players.

Clearly the Bills' players played harder for Marrone than the Jets' players did for the more loquacious Rex. Rex got fired after a 4-12 season while Marrone could have stayed after his 9-7 season if he chose to. In the two years that Marrone went head to head against Rex his team won three out of four games. Rex's record over the last two years was 12-20. Marrone's two year record for a team that was rebuilding when he took over was 15-17.

It's understandable why a lot of people don't like the dour former coach while they feel more favorable towards the more colorful and personable new coach. But don't let that bias make you ignore the reality that Marrone thoroughly outperformed the bombastic and tattooed coach from Jersey over the last two years.

Edited by JohnC