All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

Whether the win total was 8 or 9 it was still immensely better than Rex's record with the Jets last year. The Bills record in Marrone's first year was 6-10. He was rebuilding the roster. The next year he won 9 games (your point about the NE game is fair) so let's say 8 and discount the last victory. Whether Marrone is liked or not it is fair to say that his team was on an upward trajectory. He got 9 wins (officially) with a very flawed offense, especially on the OL. He deserves to be given credit for his overall performance instead of having his respectable record be distorted and diminished. That is my basic point with my commentary on this subject.

My opinion is much different from most others. I consider Marrone to be a much superior HC than the self-promoting big mouth from Jersey. It's not about personalites, it's about the performance. The record speaks for itself.

I don't know how you can compare coaching records for two teams with widely disparate rosters and front offices. It's not relevant whether Marrone's 8/9 wins with Buffalo are better than Rex's 4 with the Jets -- what is relevant is if Marrone would have won more than 4 if he was dropped into the Jets' HC position, and vice-versa with Rex.

I think the Jets under Marrone would have won 2 or fewer games, and I think the Bills would have been a 10-11 win team with Rex. You can't prove me wrong; these are just opinions.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing special about taking the Jets to the AFCCG twice in his first 2 years and not having a two losing seasons until last year out of 6? Really?

And Marrone gets little credit for winning when it was mostly due to defense and ST's, and his area of expertise was a tire fire.

Rex Ryan was fired last year not because he did a stellar job. His locker room was split and undisciplined. When you compare Marrone's two year stint with big mouth Rex's stint during the same period Marrone thoroughly outperformed him. Marrone beat Rex three out of four times when they went head to head. Making excuses doesn't alter the record.

Rex Ryan was fired last year not because he did a stellar job. His locker room was split and undisciplined. When you compare Marrone's two year stint with big mouth Rex's stint during the same period Marrone thoroughly outperformed him. Marrone beat Rex three out of four times when they went head to head. Making excuses doesn't alter the record.

The split locker room was from the 2012 season. There were no issues in the locker room last year other than talent deficiency.

well...if you really feel that bad about Rex...good luck with that....he is the Buffalo Bills coach...and I wish him good fortune and hope he stays around for awhile

I don't know how you can compare coaching records for two teams with widely disparate rosters and front offices. It's not relevant whether Marrone's 8/9 wins with Buffalo are better than Rex's 4 with the Jets -- what is relevant is if Marrone would have won more than 4 if he was dropped into the Jets' HC position, and vice-versa with Rex.

I think the Jets under Marrone would have won 2 or fewer games, and I think the Bills would have been a 10-11 win team with Rex. You can't prove me wrong; these are just opinions.

Your opinion is your opinion.You are entitled to it. What I can say with confidence is that Marrone's team was on an upward trajectory while Rex's team was on a downard trajectory. And what I can also say with confidence is that Marrone had better control of his roster and locker room than than Rex did with his roster and locker soom. Marrone's team was much more disciplined than Rex's team.

I usually enjoy Jerry Sullivan's rantings, but to say that Incognito deserves another shot at the NFL is idiotic in the extreme. This POS has no business playing in the NFL. Let's hope that guys like Freddy and Kyle can keep this jerkweed in line. I think the Bills are nuts to sign Incognito.

Oh, and 37 PAGES for Richie the Dick? C'mon man.

well...if you really feel that bad about Rex...good luck with that....he is the Buffalo Bills coach...and I wish him good fortune and hope he stays around for awhile

Why do you think that I don't want him to be successful with the Bills?

I usually enjoy Jerry Sullivan's rantings, but to say that Incognito deserves another shot at the NFL is idiotic in the extreme. This POS has no business playing in the NFL. Let's hope that guys like Freddy and Kyle can keep this jerkweed in line. I think the Bills are nuts to sign Incognito.

Oh, and 37 PAGES for Richie the Dick? C'mon man.

There are much worse people no one knows about playing in the NFL. Look at Darren Sharper. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean anything. Ray Rice never gets in trouble if he hit his wife at home. Sad but true.

This is why I focus on football. Not personal lives of athletes. It's none of my business.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

according to the Interweb that "low money" is $2.25 million. Per Overthecap, excluding Orton, that makes him currently the 8th or 9th top paid player on the Bills.

is the 2.25 is guaranteed... If not we don't know the details and it could max out at 2.25. That number was probably leaked by the agent. There could be behavior clauses, incentives, etc.

There are much worse people no one knows about playing in the NFL. Look at Darren Sharper. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean anything. Ray Rice never gets in trouble if he hit his wife at home. Sad but true.

This is why I focus on football. Not personal lives of athletes. It's none of my business.

The one place where Richie excels beyond those reprobates is ripping apart a locker room. I've coached teams with athletes who felt it was their job to bully and harass their teammates. I hated them for it, and their parents for allowing it. To me, Richie is the lowest of the low. It's just my particular hot button.

The one place where Richie excels beyond those reprobates is ripping apart a locker room. I've coached teams with athletes who felt it was their job to bully and harass their teammates. I hated them for it, and their parents for allowing it. To me, Richie is the lowest of the low. It's just my particular hot button.

Martin is the one who ripped apart the lockerroom by going public. As per the Dols O-linemen.

there are coaches that encourage guys like Incognito to "toughen up" players considered soft.

A different type of bullying, remember Troy Vincent teaching Losman a lesson?

As I stated in a prior post both HCs had flawed rosters. If Rex's roster was so dismal then why did it win 8 games the prior year? Rex had a good defense as did Marrone. And without a doubt Marrone had the worst OL in the NFL and his qb situation was as problematic as the Jets' situation.

What you and the other critics of Marrone are doing is not giving him credit for his wins while not giving Rex the blame for his numerous losses. Whether you like Marrone or not it is indisputable that he had better control of his team than the rambunctious and tattooed HC of the Jets did of his. Marrone toughly handled some of the problem players on his team while Rex was stampeded by the divisive players on his team.

By any measure Marrone outperformed Rex over the past two years. That is what the record convincingly demonstrates.

It does not convincingly demonstrate anything as there are too many factors involved.