All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

i found the Jmart "bullying" claim interesting as well. He's bigger and smarter than RI. Jmart does appear soft. I've little doubt the coaching staff asked RI to toughen him up. You aren't winning many battles in the trenches in the NFL as a soft O lineman. Not saying the things RI said were cool or acceptable but there are 10 guys like him in every locker room, sometimes more. The guy is an idiot and made a lot of mistakes but took a very significant suspension and don't see why he can't be given a risk averse contract and see if he can get his stuff together this time.

He won't be a leader on the Bills like he was in Miami, or asked to mentor a rookie.

Incognito said Martin was like his "little brother". As a friend of mine said about his little brother "it wasn't my job to be nice to him". Several comments by Tannehill and other OLmen fit that picture: that in Incognito's mind, he treated Martin like a little brother, gave him all kinds of crap, called him names, but also "had his back" with advice and encouragement "when it counted" (in RI's mind, on the field).

The problem, as an interviewed former Miami OLman said, is that most guys have an "off" switch where they can tell when someone can't take it or when it's gone too far, and they back it down. Other guys will push and push until their target stands up and draws a line . By all accounts, Incognito didn't have an "off" switch and wouldn't respect a line that didn't have a knuckle sandwich waiting behind it, something that was evidently foreign to Martin. Did Incognito learn something by this experience? Can't tell.

One thing that seems pretty clear to me is that the Miami coaches were behind Incognito and had made him a leader. That completely removed the last layer of "checks and balances" on him.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably because a hit and run is different from name-calling.

Totally agree. However a mistake is a mistake and even though a hit and run is worse than name calling that shouldn't condemn a person for the rest of his life. Lynch IS a punk, I agree but so is Incognito. They're both guys who I wouldn't hang out with but I'm in no place to judge either of them. Incognito is a maniac and has questionable character just like Lynch, the exception is that Incogitos' spill over to the field(in the form of penalties). The Incoginto supporters/Lynch dislikers seem to ignore that part and thats fine, I'm just pointing it out because I find it interesting.

I will agree with Gunner Bill, image is everything, it's starts with what's his name new HC, and look who the first player signed, no matter how you explain it bulling is bulling, but condone this policy and support it is just wrong, and is not positive image for the team and the WNY area, great team, championship teams, walk the walk, and play hard, but boasting of bullying is just as bad if not worst than all the other abuses that plague society, cheer a bully or bullying is sick, and not a policy I will support,

Except nothing the bills have done have condoned bullying in any way.

Totally agree. However a mistake is a mistake and even though a hit and run is worse than name calling that shouldn't condemn a person for the rest of his life. Lynch IS a punk, I agree but so is Incognito. They're both guys who I wouldn't hang out with but I'm in no place to judge either of them. Incognito is a maniac and has questionable character just like Lynch, the exception is that Incogitos' spill over to the field(in the form of penalties). The Incoginto supporters/Lynch dislikers seem to ignore that part and thats fine, I'm just pointing it out because I find it interesting.

Incognito has had two unnecessary roughness penalties since 2010. Who is the one condemning someone for the rest of his life?

And no, a mistake is not a mistake. A fender bender and a DUI are not equal.

The thing not talked about with Richie is he probably will come back with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove

I fully expect him to start and have a good year....because he knows what it takes to play guard in the NFL

what will be interesting is what happens after that 1st year back......

Does he embrace this city like it embraced him......love playing with his good friend Eric Wood.....and become a fixture on our OL for the next 4 years or so? Because that would be a very GOOD thing and allow us to spend resources elsewhere while we continue to look for those mid round OG's to groom behind him.

How do you know Lynch is a punk? Do you hang out with him much? People who actually know the guy (Fred Jackson, for instance) have a higher opinion of him than you do. I don't know Lynch personally and won't judge a man I don't know.

Incognito, btw, isn't the penalty machine anymore that you make him out to be. During the 8 games he played in 2013, he received two flags. Just two. At that pace, he would have finished with 4 penalties for the season. In comparison, Cordy Glen had 6 penalties that year and Eric Woods had 10.

According to La Canfora, Incognito is getting peanuts.

Incognito's 1yr deal w/BUF looks like $1.1M: base $900K, SB $100K, workout bonus $100k. Can make $350K in gameday bonus/$850K in PT

Wonder if Joe 'The Tool' Banner is going to retract his ridiculous Twitter rant now.

Incognito's 1yr deal w/BUF looks like $1.1M: base $900K, SB $100K, workout bonus $100k. Can make $350K in gameday bonus/$850K in PT

Maybe there are some incentives biult in somewhere as well....that would be smart of the bills

93Q5Q2uI_bigger.jpegJason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

I figured that 2.25 was leaked by the agent and that was the max figure.

@ProFootballTalk: Here are the details of the incentive-laden contract the Bills gave Richie Incognito http://t.co/eXEIMFZ7Qs

@ChrisTrapasso: The #Bills will pay Richie Incognito $1M this season. 51 OGs represent a higher cap value in 2015. Super low-risk bargain for Buffalo.

No offence but anyone who tries to undermine that report has an agenda to exonerate Incognito.

No agenda. I don't even like the guy. I just don't like people being persecuted unfairly. The guy's done enough over his career to rag on him for without resorting to this bogus bullying scandal and the NFL sanctioned and paid for Wells report.

Richie Incognito returns to Twitter with a message for Bills fans

Richie Incognito ✔ @68INCOGNITO

LET'S GO BUFFALO !!!

9:46 PM - 9 Feb 2015

Incognito has also made the Bills logo his background wallpaper, and he changed his profile photo to one that was taken during his first stint with the Bills.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/02/10/incognito-returns-twitter-message-bills-fans/

That's a cheap signing IMO with pretty low risk. If he plays 75% of the snaps he's probably playing pretty well, and not in any trouble, and we are paying him 2.2m or so. That's a great deal.

Yeah, I was initially worried that the Bills were paying him too much given him being out of football but it appears it's a good deal for the Bills. Also nice that they did it this early and all the "controversy" will be gone by the time the guys ever get into the locker room.

Yeah, I was initially worried that the Bills were paying him too much given him being out of football but it appears it's a good deal for the Bills. Also nice that they did it this early and all the "controversy" will be gone by the time the guys ever get into the locker room.

Especially since none of this precludes the Bills from signing another starter for the line when FA opens.