Super Bowl XLIX Game thread

YoloinOhio

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst play call in the history of the Suoer Bowl.

I'm not one for hyperbole, but I'm going on record as saying that was the worst play call in NFL history, given the location, timing, and importance.

How in the world do you not run?!

I think 100 out of 100 people expecting it was the concern. I won't by any stretch say the pass was the right call but I think it's slightly less crazy than most. Wilson put it the only place the db could get to unfortunately for Seattle.

I think 100 out of 100 people expecting it was the concern. I won't by any stretch say the pass was the right call but I think it's slightly less crazy than most. Wilson put it the only place the db could get to unfortunately for Seattle.

But a slant from the one is also the most likely for the ball to just bounce up and get intercepted. The DB made a great play because the only way you stop it is jumping the route. That's why it's such a terrible call.

I am SO glad the Bills have never lost a Super Bowl in such moronic fashion. As tough as "wide right" is to remember, it beats having to live with something so boneheaded as THAT!

But a slant from the one is also the most likely for the ball to just bounce up and get intercepted. The DB made a great play because the only way you stop it is jumping the route. That's why it's such a terrible call.

But with the pick set up a throw at the back shoulder is pretty safe there. Might not get in 100% of the time but about on par with the run in that regard. There was a safe play on the field there.

The "worst play call in the history of the game" seems exaggerated is all

Edited by NoSaint

But it was only second down. They had THREE chances to run it in.

But with the pick set up a throw at the back shoulder is pretty safe there. Might not get in 100% of the time but about on par with the run in that regard. There was a safe play on the field there.

Any pass play introduces additional risk. The odds of Lynch being stopped 3 times against a worn out defense are almost nil.

Stupid call as their strength is their running game. However, very few people seem to want to put any blame on Wilson for the throw. Plenty of blame to go around on that play

But it was only second down. They had THREE chances to run it in.

Without double checking - did the clock situation have 3 runs left on it? If not a quick pass might actually get you a 3rd attempt at the endzone that just rushing might not