Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC, you need to accept the proposition that it's a 50/50 proposition going in. Urbik was at least serviceable when acquired and has regressed since. Chris Williams gets a bad rap, but I don't think he's been healthy since the first week of camp last year.

Whaley is going to make mistakes in the future as well. Revis is no mistake. He's as close to a 100% sure thing as there is.

GO BILLS!!!

This is a funny visual.

GO BILLS!!!

Chris Williams actually looked okay at times, if not good.

I don't expect Whaley to bat 1.000. He even may think the impact of a Revis is worth the crappy G's. He may be right. My only point was by chasing these big contract positions is putting the chance to sign a good G in jeopardy. Maybe Whaley thinks there's 3-4 day one starters in the draft. I don't know. I just don't know if the #3 defense and the #25 offense should be signing more $10 million per year DB's.

Regarding Urbik: wasn't he a waiver wire pickup from Pittsburgh? He played well enough for that status. To get a starter off the waiver wire is good work. To get Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard was a great deal. To get LeSean for Kiko was pretty good. I think Doug is doing solid work.

can't wait to see what happens next.

I don't expect Whaley to bat 1.000. He even may think the impact of a Revis is worth the crappy G's. He may be right. My only point was by chasing these big contract positions is putting the chance to sign a good G in jeopardy. Maybe Whaley thinks there's 3-4 day one starters in the draft. I don't know. I just don't know if the #3 defense and the #25 offense should be signing more $10 million per year DB's.

That's a very fair opinion.

I don't think signing Revis precludes us from acquiring another decent G in FAgency. I also think we have some very good skill players already in place that can pressure a defense, regardless. And Clay gives Roman his deep seem threat that he loves. Let's see how it shakes out first, though. Revis may be a pipe dream, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think signing Revis precludes us from acquiring another decent G in FAgency. I also think we have some very good skill players already in place that can pressure a defense, regardless. And Clay gives Roman his deep seem threat that he loves. Let's see how it shakes out first, though. Revis may be a pipe dream, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

You're right, we will see.

I dont understand why they wouldnt pursue him when they could have him and still have room for Clay, a G and then still have room to re-sign their own upcoming FAs to top tier contracts all by cutting a few backups.

Pegula is cheap.