Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

I was about to say the same.

We are going after the best players available to us. Since there's no world beater QB available, might as well stack the defense as much as possible, and shore up the run game. It's a sound plan. Hell, even though Wilson is seen as good (but inconsistent), it's basically the Seattle blue print, and they're the darlings of the NFL.

I think the Seattle blueprint is drafting 3-4 players who are the best at their positions in a short period of time.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Revis and Hughes and Clay?

I'll believe that when it happens. Oh, and we need more than 1 player.

Easily. I'm not saying Revis is going to sign but it's easy to find money. Restructuring Mario could get them 7m in a minute. If they land Revis they don't need Leodis and his 5m. As I said, Urbik and Williams saves 6m if we sign Boling. Yes, they could get a starting OG, Clay and Revis, it would just take some finagling but not losing anyone we want to keep.

If @bostondrunks is correct, Buffalo just trumped the Jets offer.

I don't believe it.

If it's true, that twitter account should just be the official word of all Bills news

There motto is "we want to be the worst website you go to today"

You're the wettest blanket ever. They could cut Williams and Urbik and get a 6m guard this afternoon.

I dont doubt they could manage it this year but what happens next year? You cant manage the cap by saying "we'll worry about that next year?" I want Dareus wrapped up. Id like Gilmore wrapped up. There are some QBs who may actually hit FA next year too.

I dont doubt they could manage it this year but what happens next year? You cant manage the cap by saying "we'll worry about that next year?" I want Dareus wrapped up. Id like Gilmore wrapped up. There are some QBs who may actually hit FA next year too.

Next year they have a huge amount of cap space. More than this year.

Easily. I'm not saying Revis is going to sign but it's easy to find money. Restructuring Mario could get them 7m in a minute. If they land Revis they don't need Leodis and his 5m. As I said, Urbik and Williams saves 6m if we sign Boling. Yes, they could get a starting OG, Clay and Revis, it would just take some finagling but not losing anyone we want to keep.

I hear there's all this finagling that can be done. It hasn't happened yet.

I think we as fans should sit back, grab a beer, and let Terry and his wife decide how they want to spend their money. They already spent 1.4 billion on the team, what's another 50 million? Nothing. It's like a hockey player pushing on his nostril and blowing million dollar bills out the other side. No big deal.

I'm guessing Overdorf is looking at next's salaries also. You don't have to worry. Next year other contracts expire and players will be released...just like what happens every year!

It drastically goes down if these deals go down of course, but right now we have a boatload.

I admit I dont study the cap and every signings implications but seeing the Saints deal one of the best players in the NFL in his prime a year after re-signing him is a wake uo call that you cant keep pushing money back.