Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit I dont study the cap and every signings implications but seeing the Saints deal one of the best players in the NFL in his prime a year after re-signing him is a wake uo call that you cant keep pushing money back.

You are correct but the Bills aren't doing that...they may cut reserves who aren't great players. Now if they start restructuring deals you have a point. That's why I don't agree with restructuring Mario

It doesn't matter if either of us believe they can or not. It matters if the Bills think they can or not, and if they're legitimately going after him, then they think they can afford it.

Yes, the Bills probably think they can, and they might think if we get Revis, it won't matter what crappy guard we have on offense. Which was my original point.

It doesn't matter if either of us believe they can or not. It matters if the Bills think they can or not, and if they're legitimately going after him, then they think they can afford it.

Exactly. It's not like the Bills are going hard after Revis, sign him to a 50m deal, and then Overdorf is standing sheepishly behind Whaley and Rex and El Petulante and tapping them on the shoulder to say, FireChan says we can't afford it, can we?

Exactly. It's not like the Bills are going hard after Revis, sign him to a 50m deal, and then Overdorf is standing sheepishly behind Whaley and Rex and El Petulante and tapping them on the shoulder to say, FireChan says we can't afford it, can we?

See above. Our GM thought Chris Williams/Urbik were quality G's. I don't have the faith that he won't make the same mistake twice.

Yes, the Bills probably think they can, and they might think if we get Revis, it won't matter what crappy guard we have on offense. Which was my original point.

Haven't we been linked to multiple offensive linemen already? We won't win every bidding war, believe it or not. Just because we go after Revis doesn't mean we don't know that the OL is weak.

See above. Our GM thought Chris Williams/Urbik were quality G's. I don't have the faith that he won't make the same mistake twice.

We don't know what he thought. He was getting the kind of guys that Marrone wanted. I'm not totally letting him off the hook. But it's clear that Marrone wanted certain kinds of players and those are what Whaley drafted.

I admit I dont study the cap and every signings implications but seeing the Saints deal one of the best players in the NFL in his prime a year after re-signing him is a wake uo call that you cant keep pushing money back.

Yes, occasionally a team has to blow things up. Last year the saints went all in to win the super bowl and fell far short and need to start over. I think they knew what they were doing. They were at the cap last year when they signed bryd. They had to see this coming but they thought they had a shot at winning it all last year. They were wrong and are now paying the price. Has nothing in common with what the Bills are doing.

Haven't we been linked to multiple offensive linemen already? We won't win every bidding war, believe it or not. Just because we go after Revis doesn't mean we don't know that the OL is weak.

I wish there was a "throw my hands up" emoji.

FC, you need to accept the proposition that it's a 50/50 proposition going in. Urbik was at least serviceable when acquired and has regressed since. Chris Williams gets a bad rap, but I don't think he's been healthy since the first week of camp last year.

Whaley is going to make mistakes in the future as well. Revis is no mistake. He's as close to a 100% sure thing as there is.

GO BILLS!!!

This is a funny visual.

GO BILLS!!!