Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a good pickup. Gilmore and Revis would allow Rex to play the kind of defense he likes. McKelvin is pretty good but he is not as good as Revis. The Bills just can't invest so much money in him that they don't make a real run at signing Hughes.

It would be a good pickup. Gilmore and Revis would allow Rex to play the kind of defense he likes. McKelvin is pretty good but he is not as good as Revis. The Bills just can't invest so much money in him that they don't make a real run at signing Hughes.

Rex would have never of had a CB duo like that before. The possibilities of his defense like that is unlimited.

Don't get me wrong I really like Hughes but if we bring in Revis the pass rush would flourish without him. I would be an advocate for franchise tagging Hughes with the intention of only keeping him for one more year, so that all that money could go to Dareus.

I would rather spread the money around rather than go after Revis or resign Hughes. Go after a big ticket guard in the 5-7 million a year . Gilmore, Graham, and McKelvin all are pretty good and I think Robey could be a solid dime back. I would much rather go after a guard and bring back Searcy and Spikes than spend the money on Revis or even Hughes.

Rex would have never of had a CB duo like that before. The possibilities of his defense like that is unlimited.

Rex had an outstanding CB duo with Revis and Cromartie in 2010. They basically dialed up a ton of exotic blitzes and packages while having those two lock down the top receivers of the opposing team.

The best part of the Bills or the Jets signing Revis is, the Pats wouldn't be able to play the same kind of defense. I'd almost prefer the Jets get him and use up THEIR cap money, but if it's the Bills who get him I'll be OK with that too.

guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle corner

guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle guard tackle corner

makes jack a dull boy

Next to a stud QB I'd say that a lockdown corner is the hardest position to fill in the NFL

I agree 100%. Look at the last two SB winners and they both have this in common: (1) good QB play; (2) great secondary play. With a passing league, if you can use less people to shut-down the passing game, that allows much more blitzing. I'd be all for Revis. As another guy mentioned, then tag Hughes for a year. (perhaps draft a replacement, or reach a contract after that year).

I would rather spread the money around rather than go after Revis or resign Hughes. Go after a big ticket guard in the 5-7 million a year . Gilmore, Graham, and McKelvin all are pretty good and I think Robey could be a solid dime back. I would much rather go after a guard and bring back Searcy and Spikes than spend the money on Revis or even Hughes.

Rex had an outstanding CB duo with Revis and Cromartie in 2010. They basically dialed up a ton of exotic blitzes and packages while having those two lock down the top receivers of the opposing team.

Gilmore>>>>>>>>>>>Cromartie not even close.

Not when that corner essentially cuts the offense in half on every play

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile NE throws TD after TD to their TEs. I don't want Revis. There is younger talent and Buffalo has a long history of developing great CBs. The key to our secondary is a mix of CBs and Safeties that are communicating well on the field(and even LBs that can cover). We all ready have one of the best secondaries in the league, if not the best. But I agree, spreading the money around is a better option. Perhaps pick up a great TE. We don't necessarily need to keep Searcy and Spikes, but I do think Searcy would be a huge loss and Spikes would be a moderate loss. Hughes I'm hoping gets signed up for the long haul soon.

Fingers crossed. Toes too. Not sure I can stand to stick around and watch it all unfold. Wake me up when it's all over.