Bills want Hackett back

The Big Cat

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an offensive assistant under Greg Roman might actually allow Hackett to develop. Learn under a guy who has been doing the job for a few years in a relatively successful system. Hackett was simply in over his head and Marrone was probably not the right mentor.

Didn't the Polian stuff end up being true?

Since he endlessly reported Polian would be joining Bills even when others were on to it not happening which it obviously didnt I would say what he reported didn't end up being true.

If he's not OC, does it really matter what job they give him, other than for building his resume? He's not a QB coach by any stretch of the imagination.

This would be a zero value added hire. It would be a favor to the guy, which is nice but....

Edited by Mr. WEO

If he's not OC, does it really matter what job they give him, other than for building his resume? He's not a QB by any stretch of the imagination.

This would be a zero value added hire. It would be a favor to the guy, which is nice but....

Yeah, I don't see what he adds. You don't want too many guys talking to the QBs, especially EJ. Roman, Lee and Palmer seem to be enough. If they didn't add Palmer I could understand it more.

Yeah, I don't see what he adds. You don't want too many guys talking to the QBs, especially EJ. Roman, Lee and Palmer seem to be enough. If they didn't add Palmer I could understand it more.

plus, it could get weird if the new guys want to teach a different method, philosophy, etc... and you still have hackett there as a reminder of the old.

it would be strange, and i think its mostly just public good will towards the guy as an endorsement for other jobs more than a deep desire to get him back.

plus, it could get weird if the new guys want to teach a different method, philosophy, etc... and you still have hackett there as a reminder of the old.

it would be strange, and i think its mostly just public good will towards the guy as an endorsement for other jobs more than a deep desire to get him back.

Of course, if we have to pay him anyway, and he doesn't get a new job, and he actually has a creative mind for the game, he could help in several ways. I just don't think he should be another voice in the QBs ear. The OC and QB coach is plenty.

During the season I heard interviews with quite a few different people who in some way came to work with Nate Hackett and everyone of them poured on the praise and then I'd watched my offense barely function and wonder what the hell is going on....I think we figured out what the hell was going on. I hope he returns actually I think he has good offensive thoughts which he would freely express but we never saw

i could cut him some slack, if i was sure our lack of commitment to forging an offensive identity was due to his trying to appease Marrone's pleas for throwing a mixed bag of concepts against the wall until something stuck - but he was complicit in the offensive failures. he just wasn't good enough to salvage any piece of the successful system he and Marrone brought with them from Syracuse.

not one piece.

we couldn't run.

we couldn't throw.

we squandered opportunities

we didn't adjust

all we got were glimpses of what our offense was capable of doing, until an opponent began defending it.

god bless Freddie J. - but i just hope he can remain healthy enough this season to enjoy playing under a professional staff.

Edited by BackInDaDay

just throwing a bone if even true. Ryans staff is chock full.

i dont hate Nate. but he need to get some more grunt work in. Hope someone picks him up with the thought of letting him develop. he's still really young.

and i will continue to think he has potential under qualified tutelage

They probably want him to stick around because EJ really likes him...remember when he would call plays up in the box and then he switched to actually being on the sidelines so he could talk to EJ in person?

I have no problems with keeping hackett. I think he jumped up the coaching ladder to fast....he did an OK job as coordinator but I like his enthusiasm and optimistic personality so why not bring him back as QB coach

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Might it be that they want him back simply b/c he devised the old offense and he would (presumably) therefore greatly ease a transition to a new offense?

That is a luxury most teams usually don't have with regard to bringing back an ousted OC, but the circumstances in this instance are unusual.