Bills want Hackett back

The Big Cat

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact, if true, that Whaley and Rex and Roman, after discussing this, genuinely want Hackett back, rather than an indication of same ol' same ol', is a further searing indictment of Marrone and his terrible handling of the offense, IMO.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

The fact, if true, that Whaley and Rex and Roman, after discussing this, genuinely want Hackett back, rather than an indication of sae ol' sae ol', is a further searing indictment of Marrone and his terrible handling of the offense, IMO.

that was my first thought as well

The fact, if true, that Whaley and Rex and Roman, after discussing this, genuinely want Hackett back, rather than an indication of same ol' same ol', is a further searing indictment of Marrone and his terrible handling of the offense, IMO.

All we need to do is look back at Fred's comments after the season...he basically came out and said the playcalling wasn't Nate's.

Whenever the coaching carousel roars back up, I'm always a true believer in continuity.

IF (consider the source, sure) he comes back, I think it also tips their intent for EJ, too, leaving him squarely in the plans.

All we need to do is look back at Fred's comments after the season...he basically came out and said the playcalling wasn't Nate's.

...speaking of sources and their reliability.

I believe it. I'll bet Hackett would really learn a lot having Roman show him the ropes and could take over in 1 to 2 years because Roman really wants to be a HC. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/greg-roman-believes-time-will-come-for-head-coaching-job/

Honestly, for now it might be a step back for Nate but would probably accelerate his career.

I said a while back I'd be for him staying on as as assistant OC... he definitely had plays that got players open at times, and the package play concept works nicely when setup. BUT, he has terrible blocking and run schemes. He's a very young guy who needs experience play designing for the NFL.

Unless... you know... all of the above is on Marrone, then !@#$ if I know what Hackett brings.

Edited by Dorkington