Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

But he's not a better player and he has zero chance of being good. Johnny Eightball has a chance of being great. It's unlikely but it's a chance.

He has a chance of being great, just like Ryan Leaf had a chance of being great and JaMarcus Russell had a chance of being great.

All three squandered or will squander their chances of being great because of their lack of priorities and lack of self-control

Fundamentally, they're all 3 addicts whether or not they're using

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there were many many members of this board that wanted the Bills to acquire Manziel before and after EJ was drafted. Crickets now....

It seems like the problems he's having are primarily behavior related. Most of us who thought he would succeed based that belief on his talent. Hearing that he was arrogant and liked to party isn't necessarily that big a red flag. How were we supposed to know how severe his attitude and drinking problems were?

Any team in the same boat as the Jets and Bills... Teams that haven't had a franchise guy in many years... Should be trying to get this guy into their training camp.

No stone unturned... That's how you find a Russell Wilson, Tony Romo, and dare I say.. Tom Brady. Manziel might be a bust, but right now he is an unknown with some unique physical skills. I hope the Jets have at least 4 legitimate contenders in camp this year.

Any team in the same boat as the Jets and Bills... Teams that haven't had a franchise guy in many years... Should be trying to get this guy into their training camp.

No stone unturned... That's how you find a Russell Wilson, Tony Romo, and dare I say.. Tom Brady. Manziel might be a bust, but right now he is an unknown with some unique physical skills. I hope the Jets have at least 4 legitimate contenders in camp this year.

There's a significant contingency of Bills fans that think you can only have 1 potentially good QB on your roster at a time.

really, jests helmet.

In his defense, Haslam did have a solid, logical, scientific reason for drafting Manziel though, it's not his fault that his QB coach got a text right before they made their pick from Manziel himself that said "Draft me!"

Who turns that down? Who even could?

We just disagree. That's cool. I watched him a ton in college. I don't agree with any of those things except the last one, and even that I don't agree with as far as being a college player. It's not good for the pros but it worked all the time in college.

I thought it was the homeless guy saying draft johnny that he said sealed it

There's a significant contingency of Bills fans that think you can only have 1 potentially good QB on your roster at a time.

Funny that happens in Jetville as well. LOL we actually have fans who still want Geno to be the unchallenged starter in camp this year. I don't get it

really, jests helmet.

That lovely Kelly green!!!

Oh there were many many members of this board that wanted the Bills to acquire Manziel before and after EJ was drafted. Crickets now....

I still stand by my post earlier in the year. Johnny Doucheball will implode , and be out of football by year 3.

Edited by DirtDart

Sounds that way.

Although I have to think Pettine is an idiot on this one or that the problems are being somewhat overstated after the fact.

Pettine's brain: Let's see, I have this QB that hasn't put in the work, parties too hard, is late for meetings and is 'entitled'......I know what to do, I will start him and see if there is a spark.

I know that Hoyer was faltering but it doesn't really pass the smell test.

it was clear Pettine never liked him and never wanted to start him. He hates both him and Gordon, you can tell in his press conferences. He was forced to play him at the end by someone higher up. They had to see if he could be any better than Hoyer. Pettine knew he wouldn't be, but the others had to see it to believe it I guess.

No GM dumps a player this fast, its employment suicide

To invest a first in a guy that showed no kind of maturity or responsibility would warrant him being booted off of any team. Manziel is a complete embarrassment to the Browns and the league. Farmer can't cut him fast enough.

His finest moment:

Kyle shoves him with two hands and he goes flying backwards about six yards in the end zone and ends up with his hands clasped over his chest like he's dead. All he needed was to be holding a lilly. His NFL career is as much as dead.

Edited by Nanker

They could try trading him to Houston , move up for Winston

I don't think he is Bill O'Briens type at all. And unfortunately for Cleveland, though they have the picks to trade up for Winston if TB were willing, he might be the worst replacement from a perception standpoint due to the character issues and Mariota is a question mark as far as immediate starter due to transition to the pro game and what he was (or wasn't) asked to do in college. The Browns almost have to sign a vet in FA.

No GM dumps a player this fast, its employment suicide

It would be a cut your losses type move. If they trade him now then they might get a mid round pick for him based on potential to turn it around. If the wait until after next season then they would probably just have to release him.

The browns need to either go all in with johnny or cut bait. It really is amazing how many of us thought he had no talent for the NFL and he still goes in the first. I think they should trade johnny for a mid rounder and go with hoyer. Manziel seems like he will be just a distraction. They should draft another qb in the second perhaps and load up with talent with those first two picks.