Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy can play, it's just a matter of whether he is dedicated enough to do it. The last college game he played against Duke and countless other games showed that. The NFL is full of the best athletes in the world. The game is faster, reaction times quicker, players are faster, players are stronger, and the football I.Q. overall is higher. Right now he's Johnny Rockstar and not Johnny Football. Hopefully he shakes out of it and gets his crap together before he ends up like Todd Marinovich.

There is no possible way the Browns can go into the season with him as a starter. But his trade value has to be non existent. None of it is surprising, but it has so much more to do with his lack of commitment than it does his game performance (which mirrored his lack of prep).

The guy can play, it's just a matter of whether he is dedicated enough to do it. The last college game he played against Duke and countless other games showed that. The NFL is full of the best athletes in the world. The game is faster, reaction times quicker, players are faster, players are stronger, and the football I.Q. overall is higher. Right now he's Johnny Rockstar and not Johnny Football. Hopefully he shakes out of it and gets his crap together before he ends up like Todd Marinovich.

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell can play too.

NFL QB is all about guys who spend almost every waking moment improving at QB. When guys have all the tools but give half the effort, you end up with Jeff George and Jay Cutler. When guys don't get it at all you end up with Vince Young, Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Johnny knows how to play the media and likely knows how to tell the Browns everything they want to hear, but actions speak much louder and this isn't simply a kid who needs to grow up, it's a kid who was born with a silver spoon who doesn't know what no means. I would be semi-shocked if he's even in the league in 5 years and I'd be totally shocked if he ends up as a productive long term starter.

I for one will love it when he fails.

Aren't there quite a few Johnny Football supporters here that would want him for the Bills? He was high on BB's list for one.

Yes. All JFF bros need to step up and take a bow, or at least suggest we trade 7th round pick to get him because he's still way better that EJ.

It's amazing how quickly the NFL and fans give up on young QBs.

JFF did this to himself by putting partying before being a football player.

Drinking champagne on an inflatable swan and partying with Bieber really showed off his maturity. Also those 2 starts where he looked absolutely lost.

The Browns are smart by saying "Grow up or get cut"

Hasn't he only played like 2 games in the league?

Did you watch either game? He made Jeff Tuel look like Joe Montana

I would still take Manziel and hope that he could correct his desire for preparation, showing up on time, and not partying. I wouldn't be extremely hopeful, of course, but I'd take the chance. I view him as a good "buy low" candidate.

Or put another way, if the question is would I rather take a chance on one of the second-tier 2015 QBs or Manziel, I'd take Manziel. EJ or Manziel, I'd take Manziel.