Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

Who would you rather have? JFF has the most potential out of anyone available. And Bradford sucks.

Johnny is not going to last: He is too small for this league and his style. He does not have the attitude to be successful. You can not deny how unprofessional he is, looks right now.

Bradford cannot stay healthy. That is his only issue at the moment. When healthy he can play.

Edited by CountDorkula

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you rather have? JFF has the most potential out of anyone available. And Bradford sucks.

What is this potential? He looks like a little kid playing with men. Sumlin's system made him alot more than he made the system.

Again, I don't close the book on any young QB but I never thought he was skilled enough to be a legit NFL QB.

What is this potential? He looks like a little kid playing with men. Sumlin's system made him alot more than he made the system.

Again, I don't close the book on any young QB but I never thought he was skilled enough to be a legit NFL QB.

Oh, you don't think so? What's your track record on talent? Maybin was great, JP didn't get enough time, etc?

Thats a bit of a leap...

Not hardly. Jerry made it very, very clear that he wanted Johnny Football, just like he was caught telling Adrian Peterson that he's going to make him a Cowboy. Add that with the fact that the Boys don't want to sign Murray to a deal after having a historical season for the big D and it's hardly a leap. The quicker he's on the open market the better in Jerry's eyes.

Oh, you don't think so? What's your track record on talent? Maybin was great, JP didn't get enough time, etc?

Ok, now you're just making things up. I just preach patience for young players. I never liked JF but if I was Cleveland, I'd give him more time.

And as sad as it is, Losman is more physically suited to play in the NFL than JF. Hell, Losman might end up having the better career too.

Ok, now you're just making things up. I just preach patience for young players. I never liked JF but if I was Cleveland, I'd give him more time.

And as sad as it is, Losman is more physically suited to play in the NFL than JF. Hell, Losman might end up having the better career too.

You're the one who didn't see Johnny's potential. Maybe it's just you.

See if the Browns need an OT. Trade Kouandjio (our second last year, not too far away from Cleveland's first) and see if the change of scenery can get both of their careers on track.

This worked well for us picking up the under-performing Jerry Hughes from the Colts, for whatshisname. Hughes is set to become very very wealthy, and the other guy, I have no idea.

I'm okay with it, although I'd investigate deeper to see if I thought the attitudinal aspects were manageable before pulling the trigger.

Nobody looks perfect on every play on the film, but...

With Manziel, the film actually did suggest a guy who was leaving plays on the field, particularly in the passing game. There were many plays where there was a big play obviously there for the taking. Manziel didn't always appear to recognize it and turned many of those into broken play situations. At other times, he'd push the ball down the field. As a scout, you scratch your head. What is the guy doing? The trouble is balancing the sizzle of his celebrity, etc. against the evidence that he may not have understood or processed the concepts he was facing. And he's far from the only college QB to be ill-prepared for the transition.

Your use of the term celebrity made me think this....do people think he'll be washed up in the NFL or lose his celebrity status first? Serious question?

Your use of the term celebrity made me think this....do people think he'll be washed up in the NFL or lose his celebrity status first? Serious question?

on Cleveland sports radio, they refuse to refer to him anymore as Johnny Football. They say he no longer deserves the nickname. They now refer to him as Jonathan in the hope it will somehow lead to him growing up. Lol. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't see it either. He looks small and erratic. Cannot see him sticking

I think you can chalk up the erraticness to him being unprepared and a rookie. Everyone looks a little erratic as a rookie.

But as a model of accuracy, arm, and mobility, he had tons of potential. Maybe he won't realize it, but it exists. Russell Wilson appears small as well, but he has more weight on him IIRC.

IMO, the kid needs to gain some weight and get his head right. He can sacrifice .05 on his 40 time to put on some more muscle. He's not gonna completely burn guys anyway in the NFL, he just needs to keep that threat.

But as a model of accuracy, arm, and mobility, he had tons of potential. Maybe he won't realize it, but it exists.

That is not a fact, it is an opinion. I do not believe that potential is there at NFL level. Not sure the game will ever translate even if he does get his head right.

Johnny is not going to last: He is too small for this league and his style. He does not have the attitude to be successful. You can not deny how unprofessional he is, looks right now.

Bradford cannot stay healthy. That is his only issue at the moment. When healthy he can play.

Why is size such an issue. It is the heart that matters. Doug Flutie had it, Russell Wilson has it...Why can't Manziel.

Why is size such an issue. It is the heart that matters. Doug Flutie had it, Russell Wilson has it...Why can't Manziel.

the issue isn't *only* his size. That said, the only thing he has in common thus far with Wilson when it comes to approaching the position in the nfl is his height. Edited by YoloinOhio