Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MaryKayCabot: Breaking: #Browns QB Johnny Manziel has entered treatment Wednesday according to publicist Denise Michaels. Details coming soon

Rehab

@RapSheet: Per Johnny Manziels advisor Brad Beckworth, Manziel entered treatment on Wednesday. He thought the off-season was the right time.

"@JFowlerESPN: Manziel enters treatment to 'improve' self. http://t.co/vlx1xNaEjx"

This is a PR move. I have no doubt.

I hope he gets help and feel bad for him. In the end he has to take responsibility but I do think the 24 hour celebrity news crap contributes to this. He reminds me more of Britney or Lindsey Lohan than he does on Vince Coleman. I think part of that is a product of the way society is, but the biggest part has to be on him.

I hope he gets help and feel bad for him. In the end he has to take responsibility but I do think the 24 hour celebrity news crap contributes to this. He reminds me more of Britney or Lindsey Lohan than he does on Vince Coleman. I think part of that is a product of the way society is, but the biggest part has to be on him.

You feel bad for him? I normally don't feel bad for any of these clowns, but certain players like Gordon I kinda start feeling bad for. Manziel grew up with a silver spoon and you feel bad for him?

:doh:

Hey, for all the people that say EJ deserves more time and its unfair to write him off..... why not more time for Johnny ?

Ryan Mallett also has less time on the field then EJ

Too many people here pick and choose WHO deserves more time ?

Edited by HOUSE

You feel bad for him? I normally don't feel bad for any of these clowns, but certain players like Gordon I kinda start feeling bad for. Manziel grew up with a silver spoon and you feel bad for him?

:doh:

In a way I do but I realize this is mostly on him. He brought the majority on himself but is surrounded by media hype and all the sick of pants. When you're in your early 20s and the entire planet is discussing your greatness and invincibility, it is not the easiest thing in the world to turn that off. These guys are all coddled to an extent but Manziel was in the top 1% of the top 1% as far as being hyped goes. Same goes for Lohan and Spears. They're just people but they don't realize that until a lot of their life has been burned.

I hope he gets help and has the inner strength required.

On a side note this has to be the ultimate buy low opportunity for the Bills. I could see Kiko for Johnny straight up. You know Pettine has to love Kiko but a LB with a bad knee coming off a fluke rookie season for a potentially franchise QB? I think you have to pull the trigger while the iron is hot.

Edited by 4merper4mer

In a way I do but I realize this is mostly on him. He brought the majority on himself but is surrounded by media hype and all the sick of pants. When you're in your early 20s and the entire planet is discussing your greatness and invincibility, it is not the easiest thing in the world to turn that off. These guys are all coddled to an extent but Manziel was in the top 1% of the top 1% as far as being hyped goes. Same goes for Lohan and Spears. They're just people but they don't realize that until a lot of their life has been burned.

On a side note this has to be the ultimate buy low opportunity for the Bills. I could see Kiko for Johnny straight up. You know Pettine has to love Kiko but a LB with a bad knee coming off a fluke rookie season for a potentially franchise QB? I think you have to pull the trigger while the iron is hot.

Johnny isn't a NFL player...

dude. Please. Only Ryan Grigson would trade Kiko for Manziel. Edited by YoloinOhio

In a way I do but I realize this is mostly on him. He brought the majority on himself but is surrounded by media hypes and all the sick of pants. When you're in your early 20s and the entire planet is discussing your greatness and invincibility, it is not the easiest thing in the world to turn that off. These guys are all coddled to an extent but Manziel was in the top 1% of the top 1% as far as being hyped goes. Same goes for Lohan and Spears. They're just people but they don't realize that until a lot of their life has been burned.

I get what you're saying, maybe you're a better human than I. But when I see someone like Manziel who grew up in a world of privilege, went to a university for free; probably never studied a day at that university; was treated like a rock star all through out HS and college; and then is given $$$$$ to go play in the NFL and the clown can't keep his sh*t together, I laugh hysterically with joy at their failure. It makes me happy. In a way, it's karma biting him in the ass..and I relish in it.

I feel bad for those players that come from nothing and as a result find it hard to shake some of those demons even when they get to the NFL. Those people I feel bad for.

Wow. And I thought someone genuinely proposing Skelton for Mario was the worst trade in Stadium Wall history...

Hey, for all the people that say EJ deserves more time and its unfair to write him off..... why not more time for Johnny ?

If you can't tell the difference in the maturity of those 2 players you are

1) also in need of help

2) just trolling for attention

boozing and snorting coke... Are you hoping that he'll turn into another Orton?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I get what you're saying, maybe you're a better human than I. But when I see someone like Manziel who grew up in a world of privilege, went to a university for free; probably never studied a day at that university; was treated like a rock star all through out HS and college; and then is given $$$$$ to go play in the NFL and the clown can't keep his sh*t together, I laugh hysterically with joy at their failure. It makes me happy. In a way, it's karma biting him in the ass..and I relish in it.

I feel bad for those players that come from nothing and as a result find it hard to shake some of those demons even when they get to the NFL. Those people I feel bad for.

I understand. The thing is, to me, it is all in the head of the addict. It is harder to cry for Manziel who had the world thrown at his feet. I get that. But it is also true that everything was thrown there for him at an age where all of us are pretty much self centered. Whatever a 21 year old has in life, they take for granted. If it is hardship, "normalcy" riches, grunt work, whatever, it is taken as "the way things are". Some, but very few people, are able to realize at that age that their own actions have consequences. Some figure it out in time to turn things around, others don't. He has to get to the point where he sees other people, not just himself. That has to be difficult when everyone around him reinforces that it is all about Johnny. It isn't an excuse, it is just the way it is.

I think him getting back to a clear head is 50/50 and he has a 20% chance to be a franchise QB based on ability. That works out to 10%. Kiko has a 60/40 chance to get back to his old self and realistically a 25% chance of being a long term impact player based on his size. That is 15% odds of being a very good to great LB.

Would you take 10% of a franchise QB or 15% of a great LB? This is a no brainer even though I like Kiko.

He can play and has talent. He needs to cure some issues. That means he could be a buy low candidate. He sure looked good on that TD drive against our D. It can be amazing what an attitude adjustment can do for a guy.

I understand. The thing is, to me, it is all in the head of the addict. It is harder to cry for Manziel who had the world thrown at his feet. I get that. But it is also true that everything was thrown there for him at an age where all of us are pretty much self centered. Whatever a 21 year old has in life, they take for granted. If it is hardship, "normalcy" riches, grunt work, whatever, it is taken as "the way things are". Some, but very few people, are able to realize at that age that their own actions have consequences. Some figure it out in time to turn things around, others don't. He has to get to the point where he sees other people, not just himself. That has to be difficult when everyone around him reinforces that it is all about Johnny. It isn't an excuse, it is just the way it is.

I think him getting back to a clear head is 50/50 and he has a 20% chance to be a franchise QB based on ability. That works out to 10%. Kiko has a 60/40 chance to get back to his old self and realistically a 25% chance of being a long term impact player based on his size. That is 15% odds of being a very good to great LB.

Would you take 10% of a franchise QB or 15% of a great LB? This is a no brainer even though I like Kiko.

I'd stick with Kiko.