Browns seem done with Johnny Manziel; enters rehab

YoloinOhio

The browns need to either go all in with johnny or cut bait. It really is amazing how many of us thought he had no talent for the NFL and he still goes in the first. I think they should trade johnny for a mid rounder and go with hoyer. Manziel seems like he will be just a distraction. They should draft another qb in the second perhaps and load up with talent with those first two picks.

they should draft another QB but unfortunately they all are projects outside the top 2 and even they aren't slam dunks to start right away (Winston probably will, off field issues aside)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his teammates HATE him, he's consistently late to all meetings, parties non stop, doesn't know the playbook, kids a mess in his personal life, doesn't prepare. The drugs, the drinking, the hanging with Beib's ? Ya 6 quarters we've all seen enough - gone and forgotten

When your base offense for him to succeed is chaos and you don't run that well (4.6) it works against a bunch of guys who aren't going to the nfl. But against guys in the NFL not a chance

read the story and I think we would all agree stay away

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12216266/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

Edited by CardinalScotts

his teammates HATE him, he's consistently late to all meetings, parties non stop, doesn't know the playbook, kids a mess in his personal life, doesn't prepare. The drugs, the drinking, the hanging with Beib's ? Ya 6 quarters we've all seen enough - gone and forgotten

When your base offense for him to succeed is chaos and you don't run that well (4.6) it works against a bunch of guys who aren't going to the nfl. But against guys in the NFL not a chance

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12216266/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-struggled-commitment-preparation-sources-said

its been posted more than once in this thread but people either haven't read it or choose to not believe it.

they should draft another QB but unfortunately they all are projects outside the top 2 and even they aren't slam dunks to start right away (Winston probably will, off field issues aside)

Qb's tend to get over drafted as we know so I'm sure someone will get taken in the second. They need to get a backup for Hoyer and try and develop a guy. Very similar to what we have to do. But they have some picks this year that they need to load up their defense with.

Qb's tend to get over drafted as we know so I'm sure someone will get taken in the second. They need to get a backup for Hoyer and try and develop a guy. Very similar to what we have to do. But they have some picks this year that they need to load up their defense with.

I'm not sure they will re sign hoyer.

Edit: I was wrong. Most do not think they can go into the season with both guys on the roster again though. It's one or the other. They legit hate each other.

@corryjoel: The Browns' interest in re-signing Brian Hoyer after his poor late season play can be viewed as a vote of no confidence for Johnny Manziel.

Edited by YoloinOhio

if we combined the work ethic and character of EJ and Talent of Johnny we would finally have a QB.

If I'm Rex I tell him go party all you want just make sure you put the work in and you will get a shot. A guy like Johnny wants to rebel when told not have a good time, but tell him to party his butt off he may not want to go as much.

Either way he has the talent and with supposed QB guru Lee maybe he can teach him the pro game.

Sorry, Barbarian, this post made me puke on your leather armor.

Don't you think people have tried that approach? What makes you think the Browns told him "don't have a good time" and didn't, instead, tell him just that and kind of ignore him stepping out of line in the hopes he'd clue to what was needed and settle in, without provoking rebellion? JF talks a good game about knowing he needs to make changes , but his actions continue to say "doesn't get it". That's the clear sign of a guy who can't rein himself in, even if he wants to.

If I am Doug Whaley and Rex asks for this guy I tell him "No. Just No."

We are better off with a mediocre QB who can study his ass off and learn the playbook and make the most of himself than we are with a clueless guy with a $10 million arm and a $0.10 head. How many of those do you see leading NFL teams to championships? That's right, you don't.

First round talent, maybe he gets a wake-up call after getting shipped out. I mean, where's the risk?

The risk is using a 5th round pick on a moron, when we could use the pick on someone who might actually be useful. JFF is a douche, he doesn't prepare despite warnings, and he sucks. He's Ryan leaf with less talent.

The risk is using a 5th round pick on a moron, when we could use the pick on someone who might actually be useful. JFF is a douche, he doesn't prepare despite warnings, and he sucks. He's Ryan leaf with less talent.

Yes yes, what would we have done without Cyril Richardson?

I would rather sign EJ Manuel to a 10 year, $150 million contract that stipulates he could not be benched under any circumstances other than to rest up for the playoffs than watch that slimy, lazy, disgusting, obnoxious little punk Manziel take a single snap for the Bills.

How do you really feel?

I happen to agree. I don't think I could have stated it quite so eloquently.

I would rather sign EJ Manuel to a 10 year, $150 million contract that stipulates he could not be benched under any circumstances other than to rest up for the playoffs than watch that slimy, lazy, disgusting, obnoxious little punk Manziel take a single snap for the Bills.

No you wouldn't. Not any of that. ;)

Yes yes, what would we have done without Cyril Richardson?

A point. But Cyril Richardson gets another year to see what he can do.

A better case would be to say "yes, yes, what would we do without Jonathan Meeks, Zebrie Sanders, Tank Carder, Johnny White, or Ed Wang?"

Of course, you also have to ask what we would have done without Kyle Williams

I think the point trying to be made is that a 5th round pick has about a 20% chance of contributing and a 10% chance of being good. That's considered to be higher odds than JF making it.

The risk is that you're using some resources - a draft pick (?), coaching time and energy, practice time and snaps - on an entitled punk who hasn't to date, shown he wants to put in the effort.

Edited by Hopeful

I'm not sure why you say "his teammates HATE him," when the article you link says this:

None of his teammates talked about disliking Manziel personally. In fact, a "good guy" theme is prevalent with him. Some players vouch for his work ethic. Left guard Joel Bitonio said "you can tell" Manziel wants to be good and "works his tail off" in the weight room.

His finest moment:

Kyle shoves him with two hands and he goes flying backwards about six yards in the end zone and ends up with his hands clasped over his chest like he's dead. All he needed was to be holding a lilly. His NFL career is as much as dead.

In truth, he only flew backwards three yards. He slid on his back for the other three.

I'm not sure why you say "his teammates HATE him," when the article you link says this:

None of his teammates talked about disliking Manziel personally. In fact, a "good guy" theme is prevalent with him. Some players vouch for his work ethic. Left guard Joel Bitonio said "you can tell" Manziel wants to be good and "works his tail off" in the weight room.

I believe he meant they 'hate' him as a teammate/ don't respect him as a fellow pro athlete. Not as a person.