New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The case is still circumstantial as of now, but this adds even more weight. Stunning.

It is a good read. As a side note, note that the Bills are third worst in that category.

How the hell can you guys say so much about something as insubstantial as brady*s balls?

Member name Posts

DC Tom 147

Stopthepain 107

HoF Watkins 99

Kelly the Dog 80

YoloinOhio 68

K8prisoner 62

NoSaint 59

BillsFan-4-Ever 54

plenzmd1 50

May Day 10 47

I made the list WOOO HOOO!!!

:beer:

You can add a few more today from

Tom Brady

YOU :censored:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So what I don't understand is, there's a rules committee so why isn't their a punishment committee? (if you will). It seems as though its all up to Goodell to hand down fines and punishments and he's very arbitrary (i.e. Ray Rice fiasco). I think they should have a committee, in a timely matter, to consistently investigate player conduct and rules violations and then decide on punishment. I say this because I heard that the NFL hasn't even spoken with Brady yet. A committee should have had him questioned within 24 hours.

So what I don't understand is, there's a rules committee so why isn't their a punishment committee? (if you will). It seems as though its all up to Goodell to hand down fines and punishments and he's very arbitrary (i.e. Ray Rice fiasco). I think they should have a committee, in a timely matter, to consistently investigate player conduct and rules violations and then decide on punishment. I say this because I heard that the NFL hasn't even spoken with Brady yet. A committee should have had him questioned within 24 hours.

They are busy threatening Marshawn Lynch for not being available to reporters,

That is "hurting" the integrity of the game...........................

They are busy threatening Marshawn Lynch for not being available to reporters,

That is "hurting" the integrity of the game...........................

the two things, to reasonable people, are totally separate. The nfl can address both the pats and marshawn at the same time, and dont need to put one on hold for the other.

"did marshawn refuse availability?" "yup" "fine him"

takes no investigation and even if it did, they could do each. whether they do either well is a different debate.

Hmmm. If the Bills employed this, Bryce Brown doesn't fumble and the Bills make the playoffs.

unless the bills do, and thats the only reason it wasnt worse?

How the hell can you guys say so much about something as insubstantial as brady*s balls?

Member name Posts

DC Tom 147

Stopthepain 107

HoF Watkins 99

Kelly the Dog 80

YoloinOhio 68

K8prisoner 62

NoSaint 59

BillsFan-4-Ever 54

plenzmd1 50

May Day 10 47

you neglect that weve also discussed lance armstrongs balls, barry bonds and sammy sosa belting balls out of the park, hitler, mark brunell crying on espn, and more!

the two things, to reasonable people, are totally separate. The nfl can address both the pats and marshawn at the same time, and dont need to put one on hold for the other.

"did marshawn refuse availability?" "yup" "fine him"

They're different but not separate. Both are violations of the rules. Its just that one already has a check and subsequent punishment in place, whereas the Patriots issue (so it seems) does not. If a committee was in place I feel they would have standard protocols for things like these ready. Inconsistent punishments always make headlines, this would allay some of that.

Great link - thanks.

Can't help but to tie Pats & Co* to history with favorite villains in other facets of life: Adelphia, Enron, HealthSouth, Parmalat & Worldcom, Clinton, DeLay, Silver, Spitzer, Weiner, etc.

If you talk to anyone who's had dealings with these characters before the true stories finally came out you will see a striking parallel. Performance and results were always outside the norm, and at times, too good to be true. And in all the cases, you felt the need to cleanse the body after meeting with them. But there were no smoking guns early on, and there were enough believers buying into the cult of personality to excuse away the wrong doing, even though there were many signs pointing to the frauds. It was only after the frauds were exposed that people got outraged helped with 20/20 hindsight vision, especially in the press. But before that, there wasn't a shortage of cheerleaders.

That's why I go back to the criminal enterprise theory. The deflated balls on their own may be a minor infraction. But it's another brick in the sociopath's wall. I think it's just a matter of time that history will prove it.