New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Hopefully it wakes up the league and our coaches that Bellichick is never on the level and if you actually want to get out of the division for the first time since the turd took over in New England we must realize we have been abused and grab that cheat by the neck and stomp him and those around him into submission with the same work that teams put in to winning against them in the playoffs the last ten years. ..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it wakes up the league and our coaches that Bellichick is never on the level and if you actually want to get out of the division for the first time since the turd took over in New England we must realize we have been abused and grab that cheat by the neck and stomp him and those around him into submission with the same work that teams put in to winning against them in the playoffs the last ten years. ..

TomTom Brady has a cold.. what dies the Injury report say? Ankle. plus I heard Tammy said he'll be 100% Sunday

it is still bending the rules. Week in and week out Belicheat does it. He can't stop himself from cheating

I agree with you , but focus on the taping walk thrus and stopping free third down conversions w illegal subs .. And who knows what else that destroys the spirit of this game .

I was amazed to learn that McDaniels got busted taping a walk thru, as coach of the broncos, two years after the turd and he vehemently denied the suggestion of such an illegal act.

Their success seems predicated along the lines of the turds philosophy of cheating. Which he still arrogantly defends .. It's sad for the league because only those willing to bresk the rules will get more wins that have little to do with the physical gifts and amazing play of the players and more to do with coaches' ability to illegally know the other teams upcoming play call ..

That stuff never bothered me .. But screwing with the integrity of the game makes is impossible to bet and annoys me on a personal level

The sad part is that they will throw some poor chump under the bus and belliCHEAT will go down as the best coach of all time.

Not cool.

You had to stop betting on NFL games??

Just the patriots and two other teams w similar anomalies ..how do you factor in the Bellichick influence .. Would you want to bet against a team with a possible tape of a walk thru even if they had inferior talent or match ups ? Could you bet the sb? It's a coin flip if it's possible the pats won't have the same advantages they enjoyed to get to this game. There is no way to tell hence no way to wager with confidence for or against (if they do have info on Seattle). It certainly isn't about any sports matchup .

Fair point -- I'll admit I stopped reading most of this thread days ago and just stopped in briefly. What I recall from last week, however, appeared to be a trainwreck.

Plenty of what I have posted has been bent later in the thread, seemingly intentionally. Misquotes, disingenuous interpretations, plenty of name-calling, etc.

I am a massive Bills fan for over 35 years. I only root for the Bills. I hate the Patriots, but it's clear that they have been the best, if not ever, certainly of their time. I think they are arrogant d-bags, but there are plenty of d-bags on every NFL team.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Plenty of what I have posted has been bent later in the thread, seemingly intentionally. Misquotes, disingenuous interpretations, plenty of name-calling, etc.

I am a massive Bills fan for over 35 years. I only root for the Bills. I hate the Patriots, but it's clear that they have been the best, if not ever, certainly of their time. I think they are arrogant d-bags, but there are plenty of d-bags on every NFL team.

They're not just arrigant d-bags. They're CHEATING arrogant d-bags.

Just the patriots and two other teams w similar anomalies ..how do you factor in the Bellichick influence .. Would you want to bet against a team with a possible tape of a walk thru even if they had inferior talent or match ups ? Could you bet the sb? It's a coin flip if it's possible the pats won't have the same advantages they enjoyed to get to this game. There is no way to tell hence no way to wager with confidence for or against (if they do have info on Seattle). It certainly isn't about any sports matchup .

Seems like your paranoia about this would make it easier for you to jus take the advantage and pick NE. What's so hard about that?

Some more food for thought. Not sure what to make of it.

http://www.popsci.com/simulations-reveal-patriots-deflated-footballs-made-little-difference

Seems half-assed. The write-up is at least: the ball deforms by "2mm" under what simulated pressure? How'd the model the hand grip? And did they model the grip accurately? They modelled a grip with the fingertips only - as I recall, you grip a ball with your whole hand, not just your fingertips.

Plus...why even computer model it to begin with? Get a couple of footballs and a deflection gauge, measure the deflection of the surface of the ball under a specific force at 12.5 and 10.5 psi. Easier, cheaper, and more accurate than a computer model. Computer modelling this is computational masturbation - feels good, but doesn't accomplish anything.

I'm not a scientist, but if the Pats filled the ball with hot air in order to meet the pregame requirements (knowing full well it would deflate by game time), is that cheating?

Not to me, as long as the rules don't specify anything to the contrary.

It is if it's to get around the league's pressure requirements. Taking advantage of the league's stupidity is, in fact, cheating.

I'm not a scientist, but if the Pats filled the ball with hot air in order to meet the pregame requirements (knowing full well it would deflate by game time), is that cheating?

Not to me, as long as the rules don't specify anything to the contrary.

Of course it's cheating, especially since they know that hot air will condense much faster in the cold air. This is precisely the douchy maneuver you would expect a borderline criminal enterprise to pull.

And this is precisely why they are not respected. It's not jealousy, it's calling out a habitual card cheat.

They are meeting the pre-game requirements. After that, it is the responsibility of the officials to make sure the balls are regulation.

No it is not. The regulation is for the balls not to go below a certain PSI. When you inflate it with hot air, knowing that by game time the pressure will be below regulation, you are intentionally circumventing the rules.

It's like talking to a cat. This is an ongoing pattern of cheating behavior. It is not an isolated incident. They exist to live on the edge of legal and fair play.

They are pond scum, when they don't need to be.

Edited by GG

They are meeting the pre-game requirements. After that, it is the responsibility of the officials to make sure the balls are regulation.

Bellicheat already flat out said they didn't do that. Not that he is believable.

And of course it's cheating.

You're supposed to provide "game balls" that are within the legal limits. Not supply them for 2 hours before the game started even if that is when they are checked.

Bellicheat already flat out said they didn't do that. Not that he is believable.

And of course it's cheating.

You're supposed to provide "game balls" that are within the legal limits. Not supply them for 2 hours before the game started even if that is when they are checked.

I guess we will just have to see how Goodell, and the NFL feel about it, huh? It is their league after all.