New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And jamming a gauge into it, and checking to see that it is at the right pressure, and doing it to every ball, repeatedly, unnoticed, every game, every season, for 15 years.

Your posts on the subject just reek of desperation.

The number of ball(s) in question, or even if any ball(s) are/is in question, has never been corroborated by the league!

It's hasn't been corroborated by the league that Brady wasn't involved, too. Guess he's guilty.

I think you are coming around to my point. Leadership and discipline begin at the top.

My point is that that every team would be penalized, and every coach suspended because they all have had PED users caught. But you want to start now, with the Pats. Fair enough, let's see how the BIlls fair under those conditions...

Edited by HoF Watkins

It's hasn't been corroborated by the league that Brady wasn't involved, too. Guess he's guilty.

Cmon, let's at least be sensible about this. Those making the claim need to provide proof of the claim. It's not up to anyone on the Pats to provide proof of their innocence. That's like asking someone to prove a negative.

My piont is that that every team would be penalized, and every coach suspended because they all have had PED users caught. But you want to start now, with the Pats. Fair enough, let's see how the BIlls fair under those conditions...

No i dont want to start with the Pats. I want the field to be a level playing field with equal opportunities for teams to succeed by honest efforts

And jamming a gauge into it, and checking to see that it is at the right pressure, and doing it to 12 balls, repeatedly, unnoticed, every game, every season, for 15 years.

For how small a gauge and deflation device is, Yea, I'm not surprised. If it came to pumping a ball up that footage would be easily seen. But at the same time the pats could easily say "This ball is flat" and get it fixed.

Edited by The Wiz

Cmon, let's at least be sensible about this. Those making the claim need to provide proof of the claim. It's not up to anyone on the Pats to provide proof of their innocence. That's like asking someone to prove a negative.

This is a fair statement.

They should not have to defend a supposition.

I am no longer discussing whether they did or did not. I am saying rules need to be abided by or punishments enforced. otherwise whats the point?

Helter Skelter.

For how small a gauge and deflation device is, Yea, I'm not surprised. If it came to pumping a ball up that footage would be easily seen. But at the same time the pats could easily say "This ball is flat" and get it fixed.

You don't even need a gauge. Just an inflation needle. You could hide that under a wristband.

Right. A guy going around ball to ball, or standing next to them (not sure how they are stored), trying to act nonchalant, every game, every season, and it wouldn't look suspicious watching it now? And no one, not a fan in the stands, or any of the cameras have that scene recorded?

I don't understand this implication that the NFL needs to prove that a specific person is responsible for this.

In baseball, if a player breaks a bat that is corked, and an opposing player picks it up, hands it to the ump, and the ump confirms its corked, the MLB officials don't need to prove that anyone person in particular corked the bat--it is assumed that the player using it corked it to gain their advantage.

Relevant because:

1) NFL refs confirm all game balls are within regs

2) Game starts

3) Brady throws a pick

4) colts player that intercepts it complains its underinflated

5) refs check balls

6) 11 of 12 patriots balls are "significantly below psi thresh hold".

Why do we need somone on the grasssy knoll holding a smoking sniper rifle with a sworn statement saying they shot kennedy?

I think it's pretty clear Brady cheated. Why wouldnt he? He's old, last year was a bad year for him, he looked awful the first month of this season, there was talk he could get benched, and then BOOM, the magic is back. And then you got players here and there all season talking about underinflated balls. Interesting.

Suspend him the same amount of games as a first time PED user.

However--Seattle's defense is way better than the defenses Brady faced at the beginning of the season. I expect a very bad performance for him if he doesnt get suspended, as hell be forced to play with regulation balls in a neutral arena. Remember: 0-7 on the road in the playoffs. He can't hack it without his doctored balls and private radio frequencies.

Edited by JohnnyGold

You don't even need a gauge. Just an inflation needle. You could hide that under a wristband.

its true. I have some performance cars and i am often checking hot and cold tire pressure. very small accurate device. there are also little check valves that can be preset to release an accurate amount of air to a set pressure quickly and quietly. and heck i am not even trying to game the system!